What Happened At Massillon

Its Guscoff so I would say anything and everything. Mostly i heard he was MF'ing the kids too much and the parents were complaining. Ridge said he had no choice per Mr. David.

Is this the guy who was at Perry for awhile, and runs that hitting school in Stark County? I see this guy did not get the memo that only football coaches can use that sort of language out at Washington High

Is this the guy who was at Perry for awhile, and runs that hitting school in Stark County? I see this guy did not get the memo that only football coaches can use that sort of language out at Washington High

so true DL !!! why is it Football coaches get a long leash for dropping F bombs all over the place but when a baseball coach does it parents come out of the wood work and ask for the coaches head on a silver platter? the funny thing is most of the guys on baseball teams play football too and its not like the first time these kids have been sworn at. What is even funnier is kids drop more F bombs than anyone else and yet their parents think all their kids are saints and have virgin ears. so hypocritical.

so true DL !!! why is it Football coaches get a long leash for dropping F bombs all over the place but when a baseball coach does it parents come out of the wood work and ask for the coaches head on a silver platter? the funny thing is most of the guys on baseball teams play football too and its not like the first time these kids have been sworn at. What is even funnier is kids drop more F bombs than anyone else and yet their parents think all their kids are saints and have virgin ears. so hypocritical.

:thumb: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Exactly! Football coaches in Stark County can get away with anything, especially at a football crazy school like Massillon and the kids are saying these things just as much.

not just in Stark county, it is football coaches in all counties. the double standard exist everywhere.

IMO which I'm sure non of you will agree with coaches nor players should be allowed to drop f bombs. If both want to drop f bombs off school property fine have at it but on school property? No way. If I was the super both would be in trouble.

IMO which I'm sure non of you will agree with coaches nor players should be allowed to drop f bombs. If both want to drop f bombs off school property fine have at it but on school property? No way. If I was the super both would be in trouble.

I agree 100%. It would be naive to think it doesn't happen, but coaches are serving as a coach for more than baseball. Coaches who permit their players to use that type of language should be disciplined as well. What happens when a coach uses that type of language towards an umpire...they get suspended.

I heard this also. But I also heard he had Perry players in the Massillon facilities giving them hitting lessons and trying to recruit them to come play for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it was something stupid like bad language that got him in trouble, you'd think the super would have at least warned him about it first before they made him resign.

Kids aren't naive; they've heard all these words before. Does it make it right? No, but it's not something a coach should be fired over.

Even Central's coach won't stand for that, but it is amazing there is a newspaper story about the Canton South kids. However, 2 kids that played for Central last year were kicked off team/and or school and no mention of them anywhere. Money keeps mouths close I guess.

OR...Nobody wants to waste time talking about guys who don't deserve to be talked about. Bonehead players who do boneheaded things deserve only the blurb of coverage they got.

This morning i picked up the sports page and read it... One day glancing through the sports brief in the rep I saw an article on one Central playing being removed for undisclosed reasons...

What else needs to be said?

Last edited by a moderator:
Even Central's coach won't stand for that, but it is amazing there is a newspaper story about the Canton South kids. However, 2 kids that played for Central last year were kicked off team/and or school and no mention of them anywhere. Money keeps mouths close I guess.

Keep in mind that for minors, very little can be made public. For players over 18 and coaches everything is fair game and public record.

Incorrect.

Crusadermaniac is correct. The one CCC player's dismissal from the team was reported by the newspaper. If you feel like doing some digging, you'll find it. His situation has been handled, so there's no sense discussing it any further. The other player was dismissed in a separate incident and is no longer at CCC, so there's no sense discussing his situation either.

I also don't feel like there's any reason to discuss the situation involving Mr. Guscoff any further. The school board formally accepted his resignation, so IMHO, it's time to move on.

Incorrect.

Crusadermaniac is correct. The one CCC player's dismissal from the team was reported by the newspaper. If you feel like doing some digging, you'll find it. His situation has been handled, so there's no sense discussing it any further. The other player was dismissed in a separate incident and is no longer at CCC, so there's no sense discussing his situation either.

I also don't feel like there's any reason to discuss the situation involving Mr. Guscoff any further. The school board formally accepted his resignation, so IMHO, it's time to move on.

Sorry, I never saw anything in the paper, but I may have missed it. I was just annoyed about the flip remark from CCHSFAN97, when it appeared to be a case of people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

There have been quite a few references to off the field behavior, joking or not joking, those topics cannot be brought up unless proven, such as a newspaper link. References to such could be considered libelous, which I'm sure that Yappi does not want to deal with.

Sorry, I never saw anything in the paper, but I may have missed it. I was just annoyed about the flip remark from CCHSFAN97, when it appeared to be a case of people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

You did miss it, and if you were annoyed, then good. I aim to please. Learn to take a joke there sparky.

As usual, most problems in Massillon often stem from people trying to get athletes to Massillon in ways they shouldn't. This time, it happened to be a coach.

I've fixed every single error in the post, capitalization included. If I were to fix every single post that needed corrected, between the baseball and basketball forums, it would be a full-time job. I do not kid.