What food will be served at your Super Bowl party?

Can' t say I have not watch a Super bowl, I have many. I think this thing about the ads is a joke, I turn off the half time show and in truth have found most games to be boring. I sure do not waste anytime with parties or planning food and snacks. High School ball is so much more fun to watch.
I love HS football more than the next guy and have been to more games than most, but.......No. Just. No.

HS games are fun, dont get me wrong, and we play an entertaining brand of football, routinely do well in the postseason and play in an above average league but.....No. Just No.

I concur about the thing about ads. Every year so many people say "I just watch it for the commercials", and then bitch about how 'they arent as good as they used to be'. If you truly just watch for the commercials then you are either A. A woman or B. Identify as a woman.

The halftime show? Eh, Just too long of a break. If it is someone I like, I will intently watch, but for the most part, no. Last entertaining halftime show was in 1992 when Fox ran In Living Color's Men On Football in concurrence with the game on another network.

Now THAT was entertaining.

But straight up football? I enjoy competitiveness, and there is just not enough of that at the HS level. I love going to games, the whole atmosphere, but at the end of the day........i wanna see a good game.

I love HS football more than the next guy and have been to more games than most, but.......No. Just. No.

HS games are fun, dont get me wrong, and we play an entertaining brand of football, routinely do well in the postseason and play in an above average league but.....No. Just No.

I concur about the thing about ads. Every year so many people say "I just watch it for the commercials", and then bitch about how 'they arent as good as they used to be'. If you truly just watch for the commercials then you are either A. A woman or B. Identify as a woman.

The halftime show? Eh, Just too long of a break. If it is someone I like, I will intently watch, but for the most part, no. Last entertaining halftime show was in 1992 when Fox ran In Living Color's Men On Football in concurrence with the game on another network.

Now THAT was entertaining.

But straight up football? I enjoy competitiveness, and there is just not enough of that at the HS level. I love going to games, the whole atmosphere, but at the end of the day........i wanna see a good game.
Disagree. The NFL hasn't really been exciting since they moved away from the Wing-T

What is so good about frying air?

Actually bought my wife an air fryer for Christmas. She researched them online and found that they give off some potentially harmfull chemicals, so she returned it. Might not be so good after all.

Actually bought my wife an air fryer for Christmas. She researched them online and found that they give off some potentially harmfull chemicals, so she returned it. Might not be so good after all.
Just wear a mask/ that will protect ya

Same thing as 3 or 4 other nights a week, pizza rolls. I really need to break this addiction. And I probably won't be watching the game unless PBurg or Cleveland is in, don't watch much anymore and don't recall the last Superbowl I watched. They got....xhausing with the every year trying to outdo the previous year's hoopla.

Same thing as 3 or 4 other nights a week, pizza rolls. I really need to break this addiction. And I probably won't be watching the game unless PBurg or Cleveland is in, don't watch much anymore and don't recall the last Superbowl I watched. They got....xhausing with the every year trying to outdo the previous year's hoopla.
Ya know, if you just turn it on at kickoff and watch the game it is pretty much like any other, and just an extended halftime.

I dont know how anyone can claim to be a football fan and not watch,

Ya know, if you just turn it on at kickoff and watch the game it is pretty much like any other, and just an extended halftime.

I dont know how anyone can claim to be a football fan and not watch,

Like this.

I'm a football fan and I don't watch. Depends what you mean by football fan I suppose. Anymore, I rarely watch a full game I don't have some personal stake in. Certainly not like I did before I discovered other things.

Just turning it on at gametime doesn't stop the exhaustion FOR ME. There's the feel good stories and the anecdotes no one wants to hear and the celebrity sightings and family reactions in the stands and stupid line dancing after big plays and ..... It not a game anymore. It's a show with a football game inserted. I'm fine reading the score or seeing a bit flipping through channels and since my older circle is more about outdoor activities than watching sports, there's not really even a social aspect anymore.

You enjoy!

Like this.

I'm a football fan and I don't watch. Depends what you mean by football fan I suppose. Anymore, I rarely watch a full game I don't have some personal stake in. Certainly not like I did before I discovered other things.

Just turning it on at gametime doesn't stop the exhaustion FOR ME. There's the feel good stories and the anecdotes no one wants to hear and the celebrity sightings and family reactions in the stands and stupid line dancing after big plays and ..... It not a game anymore. It's a show with a football game inserted. I'm fine reading the score or seeing a bit flipping through channels and since my older circle is more about outdoor activities than watching sports, there's not really even a social aspect anymore.

You enjoy!
I imagine the Hallmark channel will have enough to keep you entertained.

I imagine the Hallmark channel will have enough to keep you entertained.

If it was Hallmark I was going for, I'd find it in the pregame, during game and post game feel good stories, social warrioring and family shots that litter the broadcast. You're probably better at ignoring or enjoying all that than I am. If they ever decide to get back to just announcing the game, I'll probably find time for it.

If it was Hallmark I was going for, I'd find it in the pregame, during game and post game feel good stories, social warrioring and family shots that litter the broadcast. You're probably better at ignoring or enjoying all that than I am. If they ever decide to get back to just announcing the game, I'll probably find time for it.
While I understand where you are coming from I don't think we are ever going to get back to the emotionless monotone announcing of yesteryear. Emotions are part of the announcing and watching experience now. Although this may be the year to not have the fan/family shots since attendance will be so limited.

While I understand where you are coming from I don't think we are ever going to get back to the emotionless monotone announcing of yesteryear. Emotions are part of the announcing and watching experience now. Although this may be the year to not have the fan/family shots since attendance will be so limited.

I don't remember these emotionless monotone announcers that you're talking about, plenty of old clips to confirm my memories but maybe we watched different games. Announcers seemed more natural, not announcers who got their experience practicing scripting from the acting coach in front of a mirror. It dawned on me when I realized these ex player announcers were using exactly the same hand motions when expressing their "emotions." They were going to school.

Honestly, I don't hold you in any disregard for enjoying it. It's your choice. Amazing to me how upset some seem because I do not enjoy this hollywooding that sports has become. There are some legit game callers, no doubt. It's the atmosphere they're thrown into that I do not enjoy. Some prefer these fake emotion, every play is the best ever oh look what cute thing is happening on the sidelines and in the stands prose that it has become. Not me.

Much like any entertainment, with the ever growing access through cable and streaming, there's not near as much vetting as there was when "we were young," There's a lot of trash that hits the main stream and it doesn't get any bigger than this game.

Fried blood pudding and northern grits (head-meat etc.) pickled cow tongue and herring in wine sauce with Ritz crackers...
Dang Gneiss, you sure put out a nice spread! I might stop over. I like all the snacks mentioned but I have to admit that the fried blood pudding reminds me of eating a scab...

I don't remember these emotionless monotone announcers that you're talking about, plenty of old clips to confirm my memories but maybe we watched different games. Announcers seemed more natural, not announcers who got their experience practicing scripting from the acting coach in front of a mirror. It dawned on me when I realized these ex player announcers were using exactly the same hand motions when expressing their "emotions." They were going to school.

Honestly, I don't hold you in any disregard for enjoying it. It's your choice. Amazing to me how upset some seem because I do not enjoy this hollywooding that sports has become. There are some legit game callers, no doubt. It's the atmosphere they're thrown into that I do not enjoy. Some prefer these fake emotion, every play is the best ever oh look what cute thing is happening on the sidelines and in the stands prose that it has become. Not me.

Much like any entertainment, with the ever growing access through cable and streaming, there's not near as much vetting as there was when "we were young," There's a lot of trash that hits the main stream and it doesn't get any bigger than this game.
To each is own. It's funny that you even notice all that stuff. When I watch games, I rarely even pay attention to what the commentators are saying or what is going on around the game. I guess I'm just able to tune it out and focus on what I want to see. After reading your post, I realized my wife might be one to something when she tells me I'm not listening to her most of the time.

To each is own. It's funny that you even notice all that stuff. When I watch games, I rarely even pay attention to what the commentators are saying or what is going on around the game. I guess I'm just able to tune it out and focus on what I want to see. After reading your post, I realized my wife might be one to something when she tells me I'm not listening to her most of the time.
Yeah, my dad gets into that and I guess that happens when you get old. Ya complain about announcerers and commercials.
I just let it ride...

Brother in law brought it up on NYD about announcers. I told him he is just getting old.
I fully expect the complaining about announcers will be in one of Progressives "dont be your parents" commercials in the future.

In case needed.

1 in 2 men lose hearing

and it's the high frequencies that go first. Women. Children. See, it's not ignoring. It's natural. And it's situational (I haven't found research yet to support that last theory, but I'm looking). :D

Dang Gneiss, you sure put out a nice spread! I might stop over. I like all the snacks mentioned but I have to admit that the fried blood pudding reminds me of eating a scab...

Any time...there are plenty of leftovers when I'm cookin...I always put my scabs on rye with grape jelly, yummy!