What Elder sports programs are top 10 in the state

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no issues with consolidation. I have no issues with growth. As I said, I don't care either way. They can be successful either way.

The main issues are change, transparency, and diversity (both in demographics and thought). That's where they struggle. Either direction can be successful with change, transparency, and diversity of thought.
You're not an alum, nor are you a parent of a student. They don't have to be transparent with you about anything. They should be more transparent with their alums, though if the alums aren't demanding it, then why bother? Also, does the Archdiocese let them be as transparent as they want? Who knows.

They've changed a lot in regards to academics over the past 5-10 years - Honors Program, Technical Skills Program, Block Scheduling more like college, etc. They've also changed and upgraded a number of things within the existing school building PLUS the addition of the Fitness Center.

Also, Elder is currently the most diverse they've been in their entire history.

What more do you want?

ads said "trying to grow by admitting more students with lower socioeconomic backgrounds will require more aid and more financial pressure on other families" - why wouldn't these families be just as entitled to aid as the feeder kids? This statement is blatantly biased.
I didn't say this.

You're not an alum, nor are you a parent of a student. They don't have to be transparent with you about anything. They should be more transparent with their alums, though if the alums aren't demanding it, then why bother? Also, does the Archdiocese let them be as transparent as they want? Who knows.

They've changed a lot in regards to academics over the past 5-10 years - Honors Program, Technical Skills Program, Block Scheduling more like college, etc. They've also changed and upgraded a number of things within the existing school building PLUS the addition of the Fitness Center.

Also, Elder is currently the most diverse they've been in their entire history.

What more do you want?
I don’t see any transparent enrollment/ growth strategies posted on Moeller or Lasalle’s website. Maybe trey can provide the links???

Last edited:
Or - less feeder kids get aid to ensure a more diverse student body can be established.

You have no problem admitting plenty of non-feeder kids choose not to come to Elder because of cost, but when that argument is made for the feeder kids, you say "well you can't upset your base". Blatant, blatant feeder bias.

If a poor non-feeder kid doesn't have the option to attend Elder because of cost, then it should be the same scenario for a poor feeder kid.
They're the most diverse they've ever been in their history AND are on par diversity wise with their peers - X/Moe/LS and OH.

Or - less feeder kids get aid to ensure a more diverse student body can be established.

You have no problem admitting plenty of non-feeder kids choose not to come to Elder because of cost, but when that argument is made for the feeder kids, you say "well you can't upset your base". Blatant, blatant feeder bias.

If a poor non-feeder kid doesn't have the option to attend Elder because of cost, then it should be the same scenario for a poor feeder kid.
Of course there is blatant feeder bias the school exists to cater to its feeders. Are you stupid? How many times does it need to be explained to you?

I didn't say this.
I said it. And they would be entitled to the same pool of aid available to everyone, but that could cause an issue, depending on the new enrollment added that requires aid, as it shifts more of an economic burden on the feeder population. I’m just saying that might result in a decline in enrollment from that source (which is the central mission/purpose of the school), which would be an absolute death spiral.

I said it. And they would be entitled to the same pool of aid available to everyone, but that could cause an issue, depending on the new enrollment added that requires aid, as it shifts more of an economic burden on the feeder population. I’m just saying that might result in a decline in enrollment from that source (which is the central mission/purpose of the school), which would be an absolute death spiral.
Right. Not hard to grasp.

Of course there is blatant feeder bias the school exists to cater to its feeders. Are you stupid? How many times does it need to be explained to you?

LOL - unreal

You guys think you're being "soldiers for Elder" yet you have no idea how blatantly stupid you sound to anyone not affiliated with the school. Unbelievably naive and sheltered.

LOL - unreal

You guys think you're being "soldiers for Elder" yet you have no idea how blatantly stupid you sound to anyone not affiliated with the school. Unbelievably naive and sheltered.
Student A goes St Jude, would like to go to Elder but needs Aid.
Student B goes to Bridgetown, would like to go to Elder but needs Aid.

You're suggesting Elder turn it's back on Student A - from one of it's feeder schools - in order to secure Student B and the potential to get a few of Student B's buddies from Bridgetown to also attend Elder. And you think that's a good business strategy for Elder? Again I'll ask, are you stupid?

How about we get back to the original thread. How about Elder bowling this year. Looks like between varsity, jv, and freshman they are 40-0 0n the season. Talk about dominant. Nice job!!!!!!!!
Elder Bowling is having a tremendous season. I hope it continues for them. Their JVA and JVB teams have had a lot of success as well so they could have a nice run of 2-3-4 years. I don't really understand how the scoring works, but I did stop by one match at Western Bowl earlier this year and they had a nice crowd.

Elder Bowling is having a tremendous season. I hope it continues for them. Their JVA and JVB teams have had a lot of success as well so they could have a nice run of 2-3-4 years. I don't really understand how the scoring works, but I did stop by one match at Western Bowl earlier this year and they had a nice crowd.

That's awesome. As a former non-major "athlete" at Elder I always enjoy seeing the smaller sports get a crowd.

Student A goes St Jude, would like to go to Elder but needs Aid.
Student B goes to Bridgetown, would like to go to Elder but needs Aid.

You're suggesting Elder turn it's back on Student A - from one of it's feeder schools - in order to secure Student B and the potential to get a few of Student B's buddies from Bridgetown to also attend Elder. And you think that's a good business strategy for Elder? Again I'll ask, are you stupid?

You don’t have to ask agin, you already Know he is a Stupid Liar!!??

The Elder Bowling Team is having a Great season but I’m sure the team is not diverse enough for some?

That’s always a possibility, but that would have to be a pretty material % of enrollment

That’s always a possibility, but that would have to be a pretty material % of enrollment
Not really, adding just 20-25 kids needing 75-100% of aid would raise the average tuition around 5-10% for the base (and that’s assuming the aid pool increases at the same rate as enrollment, which would keep the overall average net tuition the same). I’d say an increase in the amount over 10% would start to erode the base enrollment.

Not really, adding just 20-25 kids needing 75-100% of aid would raise the average tuition around 5-10% for the base (and that’s assuming the aid pool increases at the same rate as enrollment, which would keep the overall average net tuition the same). I’d say an increase in the amount over 10% would start to erode the base enrollment.
I think 20-25 kids is material. That’s usually more than 10% of a total class.

I think 20-25 kids is material. That’s usually more than 10% of a total class.
Okay, well, 5-10 kids is obviously manageable from an aid perspective and it won’t impact the current base financially, but it isn’t the source Elder needs to get to the 800-1000 you want.

Okay, well, 5-10 kids is obviously manageable from an aid perspective and it won’t impact the current base financially, but it isn’t the source Elder needs to get to the 800-1000 you want.

Again, this is why I talk about the dichotomy bw sports and overall enrollment. For sports, they don’t need a lot of non feeders, but they still NEED some. For overall enrollment, they’ve got to flip kids from LS and Bacon feeders, but it’s unlikely those kids will need as much aid

Again, this is why I talk about the dichotomy bw sports and overall enrollment. For sports, they don’t need a lot of non feeders, but they still NEED some. For overall enrollment, they’ve got to flip kids from LS and Bacon feeders, but it’s unlikely those kids will need as much aid
The premise of the discussion was targeting CPS students in the area.

Unless you are specifically targeting athletes, a practice I know the administration finds abhorrent, you will definitely need to bring in more than 5-10 kids to impact the athletic programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.