What do you think of Columbus?

Columbus probably isn't even close to matching Cleveland or Cincinnati in quality for restaurants, arts, etc. but based off of economic strength the state capital is the present and foreseeable future of Ohio.

I went to Ohio State in the late 80s. It seemed like a small city with a big population plopped down in the middle of cornfields. I remember seeing ads on television for commercial farming equipment and supplies, something that I never really saw in NEO.

Now it is a bustling city that seems to have bad traffic everywhere you go. Every corner has a nice looking mini-strip plaza. It seems very lively with alot of options for movies and eating from the big chain restaurants. Everything in Columbus looks new.

Traffic isn't nearly as bad as Cincinnati IMO. In Cincy you're pretty much relegated to a terrible I-75 or a slightly less terrible I-71. Columbus is small enough that you can typically take an alternate route wherever you're trying to go to avoid traffic.

Downtown isn't as cultural as Cincy or Cleveland, but feels cleaner, newer, and is pretty nice overall.

The cultural vibes definitely seem to be lacking but I think that's largely because a significant portion of the city and metro area has been built up over basically the last 20-25 years. For the most part everything looks and feels new because it is relatively new.

Seems like the best city to live in (in Ohio) for post-college grads. Otherwise too bland to settle down in.

not sure what to think. better than cleveland and toledo.....and the deep fried cheese burger from eddie george's is fabulous.

jtk
()