What are you watching?

Prince and the Revolution, Live in Syracuse 1985. The video is dated, like someone just pushed play on the original VHS tape still in the machine, but the sound quality is solid and the performance is fantastic. Like someone said, plays guitar like Jimi Hendrix and dances like Michael Jackson; a heck of a combo.

Solar Opposites- animated show from the creator of Rick & Morty. It’s not as good as R&M, but still enjoyable.

Starting watching Ricky Gervais’ After Life after someone suggested it on this thread. It’s pretty damn good. Actually a nice story.

Finishing watching PBS. Agatha Christie's Murder on the Orient Express starring Hercule Poirot

We watched that also.
The wife is an avid Agatha Christie reader; has all of her books -hard bound-
and the set of BBC DVDs.

David Suchet as Hercule Poirot - BBC series
220px-DavidSuchet_-_Poirot.png

The Two Classic Routes
--- There were a few alternates also ---

==== Route I (orginal) ====
* Orient Express *
Paris...
Strasbourg...
Munich...
Vienna...
Budapest...
Bucarest...
Constantinople/Istanbul (the Orient)

==== Route II ====
* Simplon-Orient Express *
London...
~~ ferry ~~
Calais...
Paris...
Lausanne...
=> Simplon Tunnel <=
Milan...
Venice...
Belgrade...
Sofia...
Constantinople/Istanbul (the Orient)

The Four Lads original 1953 hit song peaked at #10

:>---

SALT

As soon as these limits are lifted, I'm moving to Turkey.
Spent three years in Turkey. Got around to a lot of the country including east to the Kurdish areas. Dealt with a lot of "interesting" people and had some "different" meals. Enjoyed my posting there. Thinking back now I realize it was over 50 years ago.

Spent three years in Turkey. Got around to a lot of the country including east to the Kurdish areas. Dealt with a lot of "interesting" people and had some "different" meals. Enjoyed my posting there. Thinking back now I realize it was over 50 years ago.

We had some radar installations. Hazzard pay and tax free. Just the wrong time in my life to take advantage. Got to Istanful as a tourist for a few days. Good timing, they upset someone in World Cup and the place went nuts.

We had some radar installations. Hazzard pay and tax free. Just the wrong time in my life to take advantage. Got to Istanful as a tourist for a few days. Good timing, they upset someone in World Cup and the place went nuts.
Diyarbakir or even more remote?

Yeah, at lap 90 something some car went into the wall. Such excitement. I think I'm going out and do some hedging on my bushes in the 100 degree heat.

Diyarbakir or even more remote?
Too long ago to remember. I seem to recall there were.... a few choices. A bit further NE, closer to Georgia and the Black Sea, that sound right? Might not of been technically... ours. Min one year stint, I couldn't do it at that time. Wish I'd taken advantage a bit later.

Too long ago to remember. I seem to recall there were.... a few choices. A bit further NE, closer to Georgia and the Black Sea, that sound right? Might not of been technically... ours. Min one year stint, I couldn't do it at that time. Wish I'd taken advantage a bit later.
Now you're talking about Sinop and Trabzon.
Karamursel also comes to mind, but that was closer to Istanbul.

Now you're talking about Sinop and Trabzon.
Karamursel also comes to mind, but that was closer to Istanbul.
They just needed bodies. I was working ASW but had done research on OTH Backscatter at GTRI. ? I settled for a month deployment in the Atlantic headed to the Med so I could see "my" algorithm at work. Then we got unceremoniously dropped in Alacanti without word or reason. Figured out years later, that reason was the Sam Roberts.

over the last couple of days..... State HS Football Championships.... of course

Dutch Fork vs Dorman 5A South Carolina...... Dorman has some sweet helmets!
Oxford vs Oak Grove 6A Mississippi
Bonny Eagle vs Thornton Aca Class A Maine
Oscar Smith vs South County Class 6 Virginia
Exeter vs Londonberry D1 New Hampshire
Cleveland vs Rio Rancho 6A New Mexico

Trying to finish Westworld before the series 3 finale leaves HBO at 12:58am tonight. I can't believe that HBO does this. Seems like they don't like people to binge their shows. Same thing happened last season as we started to watch it about the same time as the final episode was aired. We were totally shocked when the last two episodes were pulled off of On-Demand two weeks later. Still don't know what happened in those two episodes but have kind of pieced it together.

Rick and Morty Season 4. Watched Solar Opposites same guys I believe that made Rick and Morty. It was alright, got better as it went on.

Trying to finish Westworld before the series 3 finale leaves HBO at 12:58am tonight. I can't believe that HBO does this. Seems like they don't like people to binge their shows. Same thing happened last season as we started to watch it about the same time as the final episode was aired. We were totally shocked when the last two episodes were pulled off of On-Demand two weeks later. Still don't know what happened in those two episodes but have kind of pieced it together.
Agree.

By the way, I'm fascinated by the Westworld premise but I have to run to YouTube for constant explanations after darn near each episode.

Still on HB0 Now

Rick and Morty Season 4. Watched Solar Opposites same guys I believe that made Rick and Morty. It was alright, got better as it went on.
It grew on me. The B-plot with The Wall was actually really cool. If you like the humor of R&M, you’ll like this.

What I'm watching...

1.5 hours...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The recipe for watching Nascar:
Watch the first 20 laps
Nap
Watch the last 10 laps

A good friend of mine had a similar philosophy about NFL games
First 2 minutes and last 2 minutes of the game,you will basically
see the best of it.

:>---

SALT