What are you watching?

Caught a marathon the last two weeks of a show I used to watch long ago,

MONK.

Pretty solid, corny show!

I've been watching Cheers. I was a big fan when it was on but I had forgotten just how good it was.
If they were to be on today and start as slow as they did in the ratings they likely dont even see season 2!

but yeah, i watched the whole thing a couple of years ago.

The more pertinent question for me is "What are you listening to?"

Made a Merle Haggard channel on Pandora and man i never realized how much i love Haggard, Jackson, Strait, Cash and that old music.

Love me some Merle Haggard. I also have been listening to Bakersfield Beat on Sirius which include Buck Owens, Dwight Yoakam, and other related acts. If you want to see an early influence of Merle Haggard's check out The Maddox Brothers and Rose. Also worth checking out are the Cali rock bands that took up the Bakersfield sound and made it part of their sound>

what we do in the shadows season 2 starts tonight. Great show if you appreciate the dead pan/mockumentary style humor. Matt Berry is one of the funniest comedic actors around.

I have also been streaming some raw unpolished vintage concerts from the Capitol Theater in Passaic, NJ. Kudos to the guy that decided it would be a cool idea to tape the video feed into the bar area back then>

Bruce Springsteen 9/20/78>

The Talking Heads 11/4/80>

Stevie Ray Vaugh 9/21/85

Love me some Merle Haggard. I also have been listening to Bakersfield Beat on Sirius which include Buck Owens, Dwight Yoakam, and other related acts. If you want to see an early influence of Merle Haggard's check out The Maddox Brothers and Rose. Also worth checking out are the Cali rock bands that took up the Bakersfield sound and made it part of their sound>

From The County Boy to The Kentucky Colonels to Nashville West to The Byrds, check out anything with Clarence White. You won't be disappointed. And I almost forgot about Muleskinner.

Last edited:
I've read all the Bosch books by Michael Connelly. The acor who portrays Bosch is exactly how I pictured Bosch in the books. Question: will Maddy hit 6'4" by the end of the series. That girl is TALL.
5'8" and slender. With 4"heels - 6'0. Maybe she's still growing. :eek:

I've read all the Bosch books by Michael Connelly. The acor who portrays Bosch is exactly how I pictured Bosch in the books. Question: will Maddy hit 6'4" by the end of the series. That girl is TALL.

First episode was pretty good. It looks to be another good season. Bosch is such an underrated gem.

Oh, and it looks like Maddie's growth has slown. She only looks about 6'1" this season!

Banshee. It’s a Cinemax original with all 4 seasons on Prime. It’s kind of low brow in that it’s 90% hardcore violence and graphic sex, but there’s not much else to watch right now.

It does remind me of another Cinemax
Original, Quarry. It only had one season a few yrs back, but it was excellent. I’m still upset it was cancelled. If it had been on HBO or Showtime, it’d still be on air.

I'm think rewatch Justified. If they hadnt so botched the ending to GOT, I'd have another option but every show I'd watch, that last season would have me thinking, "why bother, there's no pay-off?"

The Plot Against America-HBO
Very interesting alternative history of Jews in America during WW2. Lindbergh is the President and there is a Naxi influence rising.