Western Buckeye League Prediction Contest, Week 10

Doesn't matter, they only have to play once a year :rolleyes:
Thank you Mr. Obvious. That’s Not the question as the best team doesn’t always win. IF there was a rematch, who you got?

Last edited by a moderator:
(7-4) Defiance at Mansfield (9-2)
(9-2) Bellbrook
at Wapak (10-1)
(10-1) Van Wert at Perkins (10-1)
(9-2) St. Marys at West Holmes (11-0)

(9-2) Bellbrook at Wapak (10-1)
(10-1) Van Wert
at Perkins (10-1)

Wapak won off of an incredible play that likely doesn’t happen again even if they play 100 times. This is true, but some of you Van Wert fans are being pretty arrogant. Even if this play doesn’t happen, Van Wert only wins 19-14. Wapak didn’t give up a single point in the second half, showing they made the proper adjustments to slow down Van Wert’s offense. What makes you guys so confident that Wapak wouldn’t win if there was a rematch? I imagine it would be another close game that either team could win.

Not to mention this game was early in the season with an extremely young Wapak team. I wouldn’t mind seeing a rematch, and either team could definitely win. But I’m not seeing why Van Wert fans think it would be such a sure win

Wapak won off of an incredible play that likely doesn’t happen again even if they play 100 times. This is true, but some of you Van Wert fans are being pretty arrogant. Even if this play doesn’t happen, Van Wert only wins 19-14. Wapak didn’t give up a single point in the second half, showing they made the proper adjustments to slow down Van Wert’s offense. What makes you guys so confident that Wapak wouldn’t win if there was a rematch? I imagine it would be another close game that either team could win.

Not to mention this game was early in the season with an extremely young Wapak team. I wouldn’t mind seeing a rematch, and either team could definitely win. But I’m not seeing why Van Wert fans think it would be such a sure win
PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2022] Van Wert (OH) 31, [2022] Wapakoneta (OH) 27

Rare? Lol Wapak blocked a FG the week before and almost housed it. Almost blocks a PAT every week as well. Sorry I am confident in their ability to close out a tight game?

The issue is that 99 times out of 100, VW is smart enough to not punt. There was no reason to. If you fail, you give a running offense a 55 yard field with 10 seconds needing a TD. If you get it, it's over. If you do it right, maybe someone can run around and kill clock and the game is over.

I've been on record all year as saying the result happened, it can't be changed, and Wapak made the play they needed to. They deserved to win that night. But in the same circumstance all over again, I highly doubt the VW coaches make the same decision. That's where most of us saying if that same game is played in the same way 10 times, VW wins 9 of them comes in.

Now with that said....Wapak has the hardware. There's zero reason to be defensive about it.

Me 🤝 (The guy who drops off my packages)

The issue is that 99 times out of 100, VW is smart enough to not punt. There was no reason to. If you fail, you give a running offense a 55 yard field with 10 seconds needing a TD. If you get it, it's over. If you do it right, maybe someone can run around and kill clock and the game is over.

I've been on record all year as saying the result happened, it can't be changed, and Wapak made the play they needed to. They deserved to win that night. But in the same circumstance all over again, I highly doubt the VW coaches make the same decision. That's where most of us saying if that same game is played in the same way 10 times, VW wins 9 of them comes in.

Now with that said....Wapak has the hardware. There's zero reason to be defensive about it.
This is true. Thanks corndog06, and best of luck the rest of the season!!

Congrats to Wapak on another WBL Football Championship! And to think there were people who truly thought Defiance would leave the WBL during all this conference reshuffling! I mean why, looks like the boys do OK for themselves in most sports. About to be 28 in Baseball! 😤💪
20221026_183616.png

Most of the folks talking about Defiance moving leagues were non-WBL and it was just a lot of hot air to get the page count to 100 (now 200?). Anyways, it's cool for me to see their dominance in XC/track. Never really pay attention to those league standings; I thought Van Wert and O-G would be closer in terms of the gap.

Congrats to Wapak on another WBL Football Championship! And to think there were people who truly thought Defiance would leave the WBL during all this conference reshuffling! I mean why, looks like the boys do OK for themselves in most sports. About to be 28 in Baseball! 😤💪
View attachment 35451
Don’t see all the sports, where is volleyball?

Bath 91
Celina 157
Defiance 147
Elida 81
Kenton 36
OG 98
Shawnee 158
St. Marys 90
Van Wert 87
Wapak 91

At least if my math and scrolling skills are ok.

I don't really like all the trash talking filling up the contest thread but...wow, Shawnee passed Celina for the most WBL titles? Those two have started to pull away from Defiance, which was right behind Celina, but sadly has seen athletics overall go down the toilet in the last 10-20 years. Which is a little odd with, the 5 state titles in 4 years.

Congratulations to Defiance. That was a butt whooping I didn't see coming. Impressive! Good luck against Mansfield, will be pulling for you.
It seems like every time an WBL team matches up with a team in that area that it turns into a blowout. OG has done it several times to teams that were expected to give them a much better game than it turned out to be. Just think the grind of playing in the WBL is a lot tougher than a lot of people would like to believe.

Most of the folks talking about Defiance moving leagues were non-WBL and it was just a lot of hot air to get the page count to 100 (now 200?). Anyways, it's cool for me to see their dominance in XC/track. Never really pay attention to those league standings; I thought Van Wert and O-G would be closer in terms of the gap.
  • The charter members of the league in 1940-1941 were Bellefontaine, Bluffton, Celina, St. Marys, Van Wert and Wapakoneta.
  • Kenton entered the league in 1942.
  • Shawnee entered the league with the 1952-1953 Basketball Season.
  • Bluffton left the league in football after the 1952 season.
  • Bluffton left the league in all sports after the 1956-1957 season.
  • Coldwater entered the league in the 1957-1958 season.
  • Bellefontaine left the league after the 1964-1965 season.
  • Bath entered the league beginning with the 1965-1966 Basketball Season.
  • Shawnee left the league at the end of the 1966-1967 Basketball Season.
  • Ottawa-Glandorf entered the league in the spring of 1967.
  • Elida and Delphos St. Johns entered the league in December of 1971.
  • Coldwater withdrew from the league effective June 1, 1973.
  • Defiance entered the league in September 1973 in all sports. (Defiance 1972-73 WBL meets in CC, Golf, Tennis, and Track)
  • Delphos St. Johns withdrew from the league August 3, 1981 (effective end of 1981-82 season).
  • Shawnee re-entered the league on October 5, 1981. Played full schedule in 1982-1983.

• The charter members of the league in 1940-1941 were Bellefontaine, Bluffton, Celina, St. Marys, Van Wert and Wapakoneta.
  • Kenton entered the league in 1942.
  • Shawnee entered the league with the 1952-1953 Basketball Season.
  • Bluffton left the league in football after the 1952 season.
  • Bluffton left the league in all sports after the 1956-1957 season.
  • Coldwater entered the league in the 1957-1958 season.
  • Bellefontaine left the league after the 1964-1965 season.
  • Bath entered the league beginning with the 1965-1966 Basketball Season.
  • Shawnee left the league at the end of the 1966-1967 Basketball Season.
  • Ottawa-Glandorf entered the league in the spring of 1967.
  • Elida and Delphos St. Johns entered the league in December of 1971.
  • Coldwater withdrew from the league effective June 1, 1973.
  • Defiance entered the league in September 1973 in all sports. (Defiance 1972-73 WBL meets in CC, Golf, Tennis, and Track)
  • Delphos St. Johns withdrew from the league August 3, 1981 (effective end of 1981-82 season).
  • Shawnee re-entered the league on October 5, 1981. Played full schedule in 1982-1983.
Did you mean to quote my post with this WBL membership timeline..?

Anyway, I have Mansfield overpowering Defiance
Wapak squeaking one out at home over Bellbrook
Van Wert taking one on the road at Perkins
And W. Holmes scoring too much for St. Marys to keep up.

(10-1) Van Wert
at Perkins (10-1)

(10-1) Van Wert
at Perkins (10-1)

(11-1) Wapak vs. Badin (12-0) at Trotwood-Madison
(11-1) Van Wert vs. West Holmes (12-0) at Marion Harding

Looks like a tough week for WBL teams, as I think both opponents are in the top 2 or 3 picks to make the state final in their division.

8-1:
tucson
StateChampion2012
CougarDad52
Nash
NoHomer10

7-2:
Clase8821
hermonboone22
CR22

6-3:
2015WBLCHAMP