Western Buckeye League 2022

In the 2022 track conference track meets, the MAC girls had faster times/better jumps, throws, etc... in the:
100-meter hurdles
100-meter dash
4x2 relay
1600-meter run (mile)
4x1 relay
400-meter dash
300-meter hurdles
200-meter dash
4x4 relay
long jump
shot put

The MAC boys had faster times/better jumps, throws, etc... in the:
110-meter hurdles
1600-meter run (mile)
4x1 relay
3200-meter run (two-mile)
high jump
discus

so, by looking at times...it sure looks like the MAC competes pretty well, some might even call it "close". Also, for some of the times, the winner of the WBL meet would have finished 3rd or 4th in the MAC meet.
So you are comparing an MAC all-star team? You know how track is scored right? I don’t see many field events why not? I had 3 kids run track at a WBL school and no way any MAC team would have beat any of those girls teams in a dual meet from 2006 back. I am not going to argue with you. If you actually knew what your talking about you would know that in track and field, there is a huge difference between D-3 and D-2. You get the last word.

Last edited by a moderator:
So you are comparing an MAC all-star team? You know how track is scored right? I don’t see many field events why not? I had 3 kids run track at a WBL school and no way any MAC team would have beat any of those girls teams in a dual meet from 2006 back. I am not going to argue with you. If you actually knew what your talking about you would know that in track and field, there is a huge difference between D-4 and D-2. You get the last word.
so you've said: MAC kids couldn't compete at the WBL meet, and that D4 kids couldn't compete with D2 kids.

I've shown that the results of those two conferences don't exactly bear that out. Not many field events? There are only 5 of them, and MAC girls "won" 2 of them and MAC boys "won" 2 of them? So it's a 40 percent win rate, but by your count, there's a "big difference" between the two and "it isn't close".

Also, there is no D4 in track or cross country.

So you are comparing an MAC all-star team? You know how track is scored right? I don’t see many field events why not? I had 3 kids run track at a WBL school and no way any MAC team would have beat any of those girls teams in a dual meet from 2006 back. I am not going to argue with you. If you actually knew what you’re talking about you would know that in track and field, there is a huge difference between D-4 and D-2. You get the last word.
The nice thing about track and field is opinions don’t matter. Only times and distances.

On the girls side, if Minster’s 2021 and 2022 MAC championship teams instead competed in the WBL championship, they would have won both years.

Minster 104 Celina 87

Minster 108 OG 93

It’s my understanding Minster’s girls team travels pretty far and wide throughout the track season to compete in meets with the best competition regardless of division. So your assumption that they “duck” dual meets with the WBL because they can’t compete is wrong.

On the boys side, the WBL would have won both years and the MAC champion would have placed a solid second.

Shawnee 130 Minster 101

Van Wert 111 Marion Local 107

There is a reason Minster never participates in a dual meet with the WBL teams.
It appears the reason is -- from looking at their schedule -- that they never participate in dual meets with anyone.

The nice thing about track and field is opinions don’t matter. Only times and distances.

On the girls side, if Minster’s 2021 and 2022 MAC championship teams instead competed in the WBL championship, they would have won both years.

Minster 104 Celina 87

Minster 108 OG 93

It’s my understanding Minster’s girls team travels pretty far and wide throughout the track season to compete in meets with the best competition regardless of division. So your assumption that they “duck” dual meets with the WBL because they can’t compete is wrong.

On the boys side, the WBL would have won both years and the MAC champion would have placed a solid second.

Shawnee 130 Minster 101

Van Wert 111 Marion Local 107
Since soccer is a WBL sport and all teams participate and only Coldwater has a girls soccer team, you can have CC supremacy because Soccer is more important then CC to everyone in the state except MAC schools if that makes you feel better. If you think two years of data proves your point in track, you can claim that also. Minster is a fantastic running community, but they are not winning any D-2 championships, and they are never going to dominate the WBL schools because they are not big enough to compete over 87 years the WBL has been in existence. This is really a silly argument.

Since soccer is a WBL sport and all teams participate and only Coldwater has a girls soccer team, you can have CC supremacy, if that makes you feel better. If you think two years of data proves your point in track, you can claim that also. Minster is a fantastic running community, but they are not winning any D-2 championships, and they are never going to dominate the WBL schools because they are not big enough to compete over 87 years the WBL has been in existence. This is really a silly argument.
Since soccer is a WBL sport and all teams participate and only Coldwater has a girls soccer team, you can have CC supremacy because Soccer is more important then CC to everyone in the state except MAC schools if that makes you feel better. If you think two years of data proves your point in track, you can claim that also. Minster is a fantastic running community, but they are not winning any D-2 championships, and they are never going to dominate the WBL schools because they are not big enough to compete over 87 years the WBL has been in existence. This is really a silly argument.
It’s not silly if it’s true. You offer nothing but an opinion and the fact you had kids run for a WBL team. It’s easy to compare teams from every year at the same time with the results and virtual meets online. More often than not, the MAC champion would be first or second in the WBL meet. That’s fact based off of actual times and scoring.

It’s not silly if it’s true. You offer nothing but an opinion and the fact you had kids run for a WBL team. It’s easy to compare teams from every year at the same time with the results and virtual meets online. More often than not, the MAC champion would be first or second in the WBL meet. That’s fact based off of actual times and scoring.
Outside of Minster and sometimes Versailles the rest of the MAC sucks in track. Here is some data that reflects comparisons between the best girls programs in track and field historically between the MAC and WBL. I went through most of the track and field records and here is what I found. Looks to me Celina has more records in just about every event. I really don’t care enough to print out, so you have at it.

Minster is a fantastic running community, but they are not winning any D-2 championships,
Sorry to inform you Minster would have dominated the D2 CC meet this year. The timing company FinishTiming combines the stat meet races and Minster would have been 4th in the combined meet and were the only non D1 school in top ten. D2 winning team Grandville was 13th the combined results.

1672195959601.png

Not just this year. The Minster girls CC team would have won D2 many years.
Nobody cares about CC in the WBL. All the athletes play soccer and Volleyball. Check back when the MAC gets soccer. It may be 25 more years, but it’s coming.

Even better. Stop the pointless bickering and be happy we have 2 of the better run, stable, solid leagues in the state. The MAC is THE premiere small school league in Ohio and possibly the country. Be proud of that! The WBL is a weekly grind in every sport and gets their teams ready for tournament play. Be proud of that! We can coexist, as we have 2 different goals, have different size schools, and push each other to be better. It's a mutually beneficial relationship and the winners are the kids.

Has anyone heard anything from Bath about their coach search? I think they're the only league team replacing their head ball coach.

Nobody cares about CC in the WBL. All the athletes play soccer and Volleyball. Check back when the MAC gets soccer. It may be 25 more years, but it’s coming.
So it's gone from "MAC schools can't compete with WBL schools", and once you were proven wrong on that, it turned into "Well a MAC school wouldn't win the WBL" and then you were proven wrong on that. So it changed to "well, Minster wouldn't win the D2 state title, so I'm still right", and when you were proven wrong on that it became "WELL NOBODY IN THE WBL CARES ABOUT CROSS COUNTRY SO THERE"

...it's ok to admit when you're wrong.