West Clermont is Open

He leaves Little Miami right as they are joining the ECC because he knows they can't compete, to go West Clermont 3 years later who again can't compete in the ECC??? I'm a little lost here. Not to mention WC I believe isn't a high paying gig.
Is he still an assistant principal at little miami?

He leaves Little Miami right as they are joining the ECC because he knows they can't compete, to go West Clermont 3 years later who again can't compete in the ECC??? I'm a little lost here. Not to mention WC I believe isn't a high paying gig.
Nah, WC tied for the league championship four years ago and went 5-2 three years ago. Given their numbers and feeder programs they can compete if they run their program like professionals.....For this guy to leave his alma mater he has got to be getting paid. But, for him to succeed on the field he has to have absolute complete control of everything football from 7th grade on up. And, he better have gotten commitments from the superintendent on down that the parents have no input on how he runs his program. I can't see how this guy left Hamilton in the GMC, unless he got some serious commitments from people in positions of authority at WC.

Don't forget he had major issues with his DC and OC and tried to be the authoritative one of all aspects of the team. He also had plenty of players opt out in the "first round" of the playoffs. Lots of kids were ready to be done. I think Nate is part of the problem but Hamilton also is not a place you can win at.

word on the street he is wanting 6 figures to coach there and they're creating a position for him... This below is an active job posting at West Clermont...

• Position Type:
    Administration/Coordinator

• Date Posted:
    1/31/2022

• Date Available:
    03/01/2022

• Closing Date:
    02/04/2022

District:
    West Clermont Schools - website
WCYourFuture Coordinator WCHS
Admin Salary Schedule
Level 1
Start 3/1/2022

word on the street he is wanting 6 figures to coach there and they're creating a position for him... This below is an active job posting at West Clermont...

• Position Type:
    Administration/Coordinator

• Date Posted:
    1/31/2022

• Date Available:
    03/01/2022

• Closing Date:
    02/04/2022

District:
    West Clermont Schools - website
WCYourFuture Coordinator WCHS
Admin Salary Schedule
Level 1
Start 3/1/2022
How would a six figure salary compare to other Administrative Positions within the WC District? Does the Board want a Feature Coordinator who will be gone in a maximum of 5 years?

Has anyone else noticed the start date of 03/01/2022 for the position? I may be mistaken, but aren’t most positions available usually in the summer or beginning of the school year?
All of which leads me to believe this may be something more than simply hiring one coach for one sport. There may be some significant changes coming within that athletic department. When the Union Township Trustees dropped $100 million into building that place, one of the goals was to make it a magnet to attract higher achieving kids from all over Clermont County. Also, give the kids from St.Bernadette, St.Thomas More, and St.Veronica a better option than McNick....Yeah well, that has not happened. I believe there are some heavy hitters behind the scenes trying to get this thing straightened out.

How would a six figure salary compare to other Administrative Positions within the WC District? Does the Board want a Feature Coordinator who will be gone in a maximum of 5 years?
Schools have to stop doing this. I'm am so surprised that no lawsuit has ever been filed by teachers when this happens. Just about every district has hiring policies written out that current employees must get the opportunity for any job that becomes available. Seems like it would be a pretty easy win since schools and districts are violating their own written hiring procedures. It's even worse when they make these coaches administrators who don't have ODE administrator credentials, yet you have multiple teachers with those credentials in the building hoping they can get the opportunity some day to put that to use.

All of which leads me to believe this may be something more than simply hiring one coach for one sport. There may be some significant changes coming within that athletic department. When the Union Township Trustees dropped $100 million into building that place, one of the goals was to make it a magnet to attract higher achieving kids from all over Clermont County. Also, give the kids from St.Bernadette, St.Thomas More, and St.Veronica a better option than McNick....Yeah well, that has not happened. I believe there are some heavy hitters behind the scenes trying to get this thing straightened out.
Don’t forget IHM and GA. Lots of Clermont kids going to those schools.

Schools have to stop doing this. I'm am so surprised that no lawsuit has ever been filed by teachers when this happens. Just about every district has hiring policies written out that current employees must get the opportunity for any job that becomes available. Seems like it would be a pretty easy win since schools and districts are violating their own written hiring procedures. It's even worse when they make these coaches administrators who don't have ODE administrator credentials, yet you have multiple teachers with those credentials in the building hoping they can get the opportunity some day to put that to use.
Not going to happen, Its been going on for decades regardless if the district/school is union or non union. This happens with all positions not just coaching.
With that said, there are a lot of headaches and other essential duties that come with being the head coach or lead that many general instructional or support staff or administrators do not want to assume at a school. (Even though Admin has to be at the games anyhow).
There are also a lot of coaches that do not have principle or administrator credentialing that actually impact a building more so than the building administrators. Coach Parker at WW was a great example of this and there are many more around the area as well.
A lot of these guys and ladies have supplemental contracts for weight room monitor, lunch room monitor, study hall monitor, facilities and grounds etc. to try to sweeten the pot for a coach they want to keep or get. If current staff want to apply most schools allow them to do so but their contract may also state they are already responsible for some of these duties. Some teachers may be dismissed without any formal interview while others may decide to de select or go through the process knowing they would most likely not be selected.

Not going to happen, Its been going on for decades regardless if the district/school is union or non union. This happens with all positions not just coaching.
With that said, there are a lot of headaches and other essential duties that come with being the head coach or lead that many general instructional or support staff or administrators do not want to assume at a school. (Even though Admin has to be at the games anyhow).
There are also a lot of coaches that do not have principle or administrator credentialing that actually impact a building more so than the building administrators. Coach Parker at WW was a great example of this and there are many more around the area as well.
A lot of these guys and ladies have supplemental contracts for weight room monitor, lunch room monitor, study hall monitor, facilities and grounds etc. to try to sweeten the pot for a coach they want to keep or get. If current staff want to apply most schools allow them to do so but their contract may also state they are already responsible for some of these duties. Some teachers may be dismissed without any formal interview while others may decide to de select or go through the process knowing they would most likely not be selected.
I'm aware of everything you mention here. If you want to pay coaches more, than actually do it. Quit making up bull crap positions to try to justify it.

Just go by what's written down. Football is a supplemental position, and the coaches get supplemental pay. Either schools and communities need to start treating football as a supplemental, or we start paying coaches a full time salary.

We are paying coaches as much as we are principals, but don't have nearly the responsibilities. It's backwards for a position for leading and extracurricular is all I'm saying.

I'm aware of everything you mention here. If you want to pay coaches more, than actually do it. Quit making up bull crap positions to try to justify it.

Just go by what's written down. Football is a supplemental position, and the coaches get supplemental pay. Either schools and communities need to start treating football as a supplemental, or we start paying coaches a full time salary.

We are paying coaches as much as we are principals, but don't have nearly the responsibilities. It's backwards for a position for leading and extracurricular is all I'm saying.
I agree, Its crazy but ultimately change will only happen from the residents that elect those that direct the district.
The past 30 years has seen some unbelievable changes in the game including coaching that has seen many changes and additional requirements but I can't see the positions ever going to a full time salary. Its easier to hide or justify a coach getting 2 to 5 contracts to the public but it does screw those to your earlier point that may want to apply for those contract positions. .

All Districts should definitely follow their own written hiring procedures. Those that won’t comply need to be removed. If the Teachers Union doesn’t get upset about this stuff supposedly happening all over, what do they get upset about or actually do for their Union Members?

It sounds like they kinda hit the athletic family jackpot with Chris Henry’s kids moving in. Sounds like Pacman brought a coach for them too.

Yes. I believe Desious "Dee" Alston is the coach referred to.

Thanks

The move from Jr high coach to varsity asst. head coach seems like quite the jump.... Sounds like he used the boys to better his own coaching gig?

Last edited:
Thanks

The move from Jr high coach to varsity asst. head coach seems like quite the jump.... Sounds like he used the boys to better his own coaching gig?
True, but Isn't that pretty much the norm for AAU coaches who also coach high school basketball? Also probably a big part of how Gus Malzahn went from high school head coach to Arkansas' OC.

Very true. I just hate seeing kids used as pawns for adults' egos.
No fault of the kids. Mahon and the West Clermont AD made the Hire. West Clermont will not even win their Conference with Mahon at the helm. Wonder how Pacman is behind the scenes when it comes to Teachers and Coaches.