week Four Results

Lancermania

Lancers lead the way!
This is already week four of the 2019 season. Use this thread to discuss what happened from April 8-13, 2019.

Elite Performances

Ohio milesplit is calling these marks from the Harrison Inv. elite performances.

Girls Pole Vault Finals, 10'08", Danielle Harding, Fairfield
Boys Discus Finals, 157'02", Rasheen Jones, Northwest

Observation of Zuleger Invite:

Lindsey Biddle, Ursuline Academy ('00), loses her school record in the 100mH of 14.79 from 2000. New record-holder, Madi Person with her 14.67 (+1.9) at Harrison. Biddle's record was set in placing 5th at the 2000 State meet with a -0.9 wind.

I believe Madi just missed the school record in the 300mH with her 45.29. UA's record is 45.28, I believe, and that was by Mackenzie Harrell in 2010 while placing 5th at the District meet.

Is Greg Zuleger still coaching the throws at Harrison? Anyone know? I'm pretty sure he retired from teaching at Harrison. I believe he was the one who started the girls treack and field program at Harrison in 1977.

I was just checking out the Owls Classic results from Thursday night. Was that meet at Mt. Healthy or at Winton Woods MS? The Milesplit link seems to indicate such, but that may just be a timing company mistake.

https://oh.milesplit.com/meets/353745/results/640878/formatted#.XLIJwth7mXw

Anyway, Mt. Healthy senior Justin Abrams cleared 15' 0", a new PR and just 1" off the long-time 15' 1" school record set by Dave Rimmer in winning the '66 Class AA state title. Rimmer's record is living on borrowed time.

Does anyone know what height Abrams tried after 15 feet?

As a salute to both Rimmer & Abrams, I now present for the 1st time ever to be seen in wide publication, a picture of Rimmer clearing his winning height at the '66 State meet. The time has come. This photo was taken pit-side almost directly underneath the right standard. Hope you enjoy. All rights are reserved on this picture.

Attachments

• Dave Rimmer 15ft 1 inch.jpg
    Dave Rimmer 15ft 1 inch.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 58
The pole vault at Mt. Healthy started at 8'0". Even so, three guys missed the opening height. Abrams passed until 13'0". He attempted 15'1½" after clearing 15'0" on his second attempt. As usual, the meet was at the Owls nest. http://live.finishtiming.com/#/results/meet/201900169/event/34/Final

According to mile split, Abrams 15'0" is tied for 6th on their boys pole vault rankings.

1. 16-7, DALTON SHEPLER, Vandalia-Butler, Wayne Warrior Relays, 1st, Apr 2, 2019
2. 15-9, LUKE BENDICK, Olentangy Liberty, Liberty vs Jerome, 1st, Apr 9, 2019
2. 15-9, TRE YOUNG, Whitmer, Whitmer vs. St. Francis / St. Ursula Dual Meet, 1st, Apr 9, 2019
4. 15-4, BROCK SHELLHAAS, Ansonia, Miami East Invitational, 1st, Apr 6, 2019
5. 15-1, JAKE SOMMERS, Norwalk, Lexington Invitational, 1st, Apr 6, 2019
6. 15-0, HUNTER GARRETSON, Newcomerstown, Buckeye Trail Meet, 1st, Apr 2, 2019
6. 15-0, JUSTIN ABRAMS, Mount Healthy, Mt. Healthy Owls Classic, 1st, Apr 11, 2019

According to the top 25 rankings for pole vaulters from Cincinnati district meets, Abrams is tied for 17th at 15'0" with nine others while Rimmer is tied for 14th with two others. http://www.swotccca.com/Documents/R...Time Top 25 Boys Meters Standard Events5.pdf

Last edited:
Observation of Zuleger Invite:

Lindsey Biddle, Ursuline Academy ('00), loses her school record in the 100mH of 14.79 from 2000. New record-holder, Madi Person with her 14.67 (+1.9) at Harrison. Biddle's record was set in placing 5th at the 2000 State meet with a -0.9 wind.

I believe Madi just missed the school record in the 300mH with her 45.29. UA's record is 45.28, I believe, and that was by Mackenzie Harrell in 2010 while placing 5th at the District meet.

Pearson's school record time of 14.67 places her 16th on the all time top 25 list for Cincinnati District Schools qualifiers. http://www.swotccca.com/Documents/R... All-Time Top 25 - Girls Standard Events7.pdf and 4th on mile split's 100mH rankings for girls.

Last edited:
Salem competed in the Canton Glen Oak Eagle Elite Invitational. The boys team finished second in a strong field of much larger schools. They tied with Twinsburg for second place with 55 points. Strongsville won within 66 points, Reynoldsburg was fourth, Glen Oak and Medina 5th and 6th. St Ignatius and Hudson rounded out the top eight teams. Dominic Perry from Columbiana Crestview (defending Div III State shot put champ) threw 59-8.5 breaking the meet and stadium record of 59-8 set by Cory Linsly of Boardman in 2009. Perry threw 62-2 in a dual meet earlier last week. The Salem girls finished eighth at the same meet. Mentor won the girls competition, followed by Twinsburg in second. The highlight for the Salem girls was an impressive performance by Caitlyn Marx and Abbie Antram in the shot and disc. Marx won the shot and disc, earning her the MVP award in the girls field events. Antram was right behind, finishing second in the shot and third in the discus.

Last edited: