Week 9: St. Ignatius

The boys played like... what is the word? <<deleted>>. Yes, <<deleted>>.

Today looked like a compilation film of Chase Wolf's worst moments.

That all said, hopefully they have it out of their system before the tourney.

I wouldn’t be too concerned about this loss. It affected nothing but fan pride (temporarily) and a fictional national title chase.
X was going to be the #1 seed regardless.
Ignatius looking at a possible loss next week had to have this win to avoid a road game to start the playoffs.
The Cats played their best game of the season. X looked half a sleep and the result was 28-14.
The Bombers will be fine. A loss is not always a bad thing.

I wouldn’t be too concerned about this loss. It affected nothing but fan pride (temporarily) and a fictional national title chase.
X was going to be the #1 seed regardless.
Ignatius looking at a possible loss next week had to have this win to avoid a road game to start the playoffs.
The Cats played their best game of the season. X looked half a sleep and the result was 28-14.
The Bombers will be fine. A loss is not always a bad thing.

Agree.

Not sure if X could have a worse performance than yesterday's display, yet they only lost by two scores. Wolf was just off, and not in a small way. Then there were several still catchable balls that were missed.

Iggy's QB is a shifty little schiznit, btw. He ducked and dodged just right yesterday to avoid getting obliterated on several occasions.

Wolf was off because he developed happy feet, as the result of getting hit or pressured a ton by Ignatius. He should have had 3 interceptions, if not for his laser arm and the Ignatius dbs stone hands.

Before the game i was dead wrong about Ignatius' chances- mostly because of the performances against Moeller and even Glenoak. Oh, and also because of Reload's foaming at the mouth over this season's X team.

Btw, Wolf has a hell of an arm and Eichenberg (only a junior ) is a beast.

Wolf was off because he developed happy feet, as the result of getting hit or pressured a ton by Ignatius. He should have had 3 interceptions, if not for his laser arm and the Ignatius dbs stone hands.

Before the game i was dead wrong about Ignatius' chances- mostly because of the performances against Moeller and even Glenoak. Oh, and also because of Reload's foaming at the mouth over this season's X team.

Btw, Wolf has a hell of an arm and Eichenberg (only a junior ) is a beast.

You can keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

Neutral field, chips on the line, X will see the same team that beat them by 14. Ignatius will see a better team than the one that beat a superior Iggy team last December.

Tommy E. is nice. He’ll probably follow his brother to South Bend.

I's whipped our in every phase of the game including coaching. They came to play and I'm not sure what we came to do? Was there a reason we were throwing 30 yard out patterns the whole f'ing game? Did we complete one? How in the hell do you forget about Cam Specht the entire f'ing game? Just forget about that abortion and move on Bombers. We better bring it every week from here on out.

I's whipped our in every phase of the game including coaching. They came to play and I'm not sure what we came to do? Was there a reason we were throwing 30 yard out patterns the whole f'ing game? Did we complete one? How in the hell do you forget about Cam Specht the entire f'ing game? Just forget about that abortion and move on Bombers. We better bring it every week from here on out.

I'm with you BR.
Just watched the game on Time Warner and saw and awful lot that doesn't make sense.
Will break it down piece by piece to get Bomber Nation's take on it.

The OLine as a group did not have a very good game.
Right guard Jack Kirby went down with a lower left leg injury early in the 2nd quarter and did not return.

Wolf threw 43 passes and here is the breakdown on receivers targeted.
Shamsi 14, Kreimer 13, Wittrock 10, Specht 2, Fox 2, Newman 1 and Taul 1

Entering the game Shamsi had 13 catches in the first 8 games.
He is a good possession receiver but how in the world does Wolf throw to him 33% of the time in a game??!!
In the 1st half Wolf threw 19 passes and 8 of those were intended for him (42%).

And most of those passes were stare downs where Wolf didn't even look toward another receiver. Some were into double coverage leaving one of the other receivers uncovered.

His 5 catches netted 46 yards the longest being for 11 yards.

Wolf should have been intercepted 4 times and on 3 of those he was trying to force the ball to Shamsi.