Week 9: Poland (6-2) at Hubbard (6-2)

PSHSBulldog

Big game this week in determining the inaugural NE8 conference champion as well as region 4:13 playoff teams and seeding. Who you got?

I’m going with Poland, especially if Hubbard’s QB is still out. I look for it to be a low scoring affair.

Right now Poland is the run away popular pick to beat both Hubbard and Struthers to finish the season and claim the first NE8 crown. Rightfully so. The Bulldogs have been the most consistent steam rolling teams since being upset by Howland an eternity ago. In my mind anything goes this year when previewing games in the new NE8. Scoreboard watching doesn't work in this league. Don't get me wrong. Poland is the clear favorite here. I fully expect #7 to play this week, hopefully close to full strength. He did dress at Niles and this week is Senior night. Both offensive and defensive lines are two of the biggest in the conference. Personal seems to be about even. This one will come down to coaching. Hubbard is fully capable of winning this game. It'll take their best performance of the year to do so. Hopefully they're up to the challenge.

Graduated their top 4 skill guys from a year ago. Lost two more to discipline leading to transfer. Harris was really the only returning skill guy from last season. Not to mention the difference in depth from last year to now. Hubbard didn't have a lot of guys going both ways. They were able to wear teams down. A big reason why they beat Steubenville last season. Hubbard's making due with what they have this year. Last year they were a championship caliber team. Following that up with a winning season and playoffs is more than us as fans can ask for. The skill should get better within the next few seasons.

Poland has more weapons and more depth than the Eagles. I think Poland will win by 2-3 touchdowns. Eagles are 2-2 against teams with winning records. Poland is 4-0.

Poland has more weapons and more depth than the Eagles. I think Poland will win by 2-3 touchdowns. Eagles are 2-2 against teams with winning records. Poland is 4-0.
Poland also lost to a team with a 500 record in which Hubbard beat, and a bad boardman team

I like Poland in this one. I believe Poland was winning when their qb went down. It took them few weeks to figure things out. Now they are firing on all cylinders. I always enjoy watching Poland beat this open enrollment wannabe. ?

This should be an old school battle. Getting #7 back this week should help. Both of these teams are big up front and play solid defense. Should be a great game to watch.

I like Poland in this one. I believe Poland was winning when their qb went down. It took them few weeks to figure things out. Now they are firing on all cylinders. I always enjoy watching Poland beat this open enrollment wannabe. ?
???? Sorry did us Hubbard folk offend you. Youre one of the prissy bulldog fans. Trust me. The Eagles love sending you spoiled think your shht don't stink home crying with another loss. To be fair I know and get along with a few people in Poland. This doesn't apply to all of you. Just this big mouth.

Last edited:
I don't buy it. Poland is definitely smart money and the favorite this week but if Hubbard's line plays to their capability they can give Poland a ton of trouble. Boardman was at a low point when Poland lost that game. Howland played Poland at their own grind it out game and pulled off a shocking victory. If #7 is healthy, Hubbard has the dogs to compete with the Bulldogs. Again the offensive and defensive lines have to play out of their mind Friday.

I don't buy it. Poland is definitely smart money and the favorite this week but if Hubbard's line plays to their capability they can give Poland a ton of trouble. Boardman was at a low point when Poland lost that game. Howland played Poland at their own grind it out game and pulled off a shocking victory. If #7 is healthy, Hubbard has the dogs to compete with the Bulldogs. Again the offensive and defensive lines have to play out of their mind Friday.
Lots of reasons why Poland has their two losses, but not going to get on here and make excuses, on why they lost, it happened, and I personally think they have gotten better because of them! This being said, a healthy Bulldogs team has rolled ever since the week three Howland game, and I hope it continues. IMO #15 the Sophomore QB has a tremendous upside that has truly yet been showcased. The defense has given up less than a TD a game average in the last 5 weeks. All of this gets thrown out the window however as I am sure we see Hubbard's best this week. Should be an awesome game at a beautiful venue!

Last edited:
Lots of reasons why Poland has their two losses, but not going to get on here and make excuses, on why they lost, it happened, and I personally think they have gotten better because of them! This being said, a healthy Bulldogs team has rolled ever since the week three Howland game, and I hope it continues. IMO #15 the Sophomore QB has a tremendous upside that has truly yet been showcased. The defense has given up less than a TD a game average in the last 5 weeks. All of this gets thrown out the window however as I am sure we see Hubbard's best this week. Should be an awesome game at a beautiful venue!

I agree with you about #15. Each week he has gotten better and we have yet to see his best yet. The defense has been playing phenomenal but we haven’t played against a line with the overall size of Hubbard. I still think this is going to be a one score game in favor of the Bulldogs.

WKBN select the GOTW yet? I hope it's not the usual Ursuline/Mooney week 9 game. BORING!

WKBN select the GOTW yet? I hope it's not the usual Ursuline/Mooney week 9 game. BORING!
They’ve really crapped the bed this year. Last week was terrible. But I heard Girard didn’t want GOTW against Struthers. They didn’t want to pay. The NE8 requires teams to pay for some reason.