Week 7...

cincysports4

Saw some great games in week 6... There are a few more great ones this week too.

Monday:
Mercy McAuley at SUA
Ursuline at MND
Lakota West at Beavercreek
Alter at Wyoming
Badin at Roger Bacon

Tuesday:
Bellbrook at Lakota East
West Clermont at Kings

Wednesday:
Mariemont at Madeira
MND at Mercy McAuley
SUA at Badin

Thursday:
Milford at Anderson = ECC TITLE GAME
Turpin at West Clermont
Summit at Waynesville

Saturday:
Seton at West Clermont
McNicholas at Turpin
Mariemont at Roger Bacon

Just left Batavia vs. Mariemont. Warriors won 3-0 perhaps at last the warriors have decided to be the team from the CHL this year. Best game yet in the CHL vs. Batavia. Mariemont dominated the first half. Batavia just completely outplayed on Defense. While the lady warriors have no “stars” anywhere on the field they work well together and have just enough skill to go with exceptional coaching to make it fun to watch. Batavia has some skill and speed up top but just couldn’t put it together, really rather unimpressive. I’d love to see Mariemont make me a liar and go deep in D3 playoffs. Scrappy little team tonight. Just keep up the press. They let off 2nd half.

Looking forward to the Summit game, they have loads of talent. Should be a good game. Milford vs. Anderson could be really good too. Some great kids on both those teams.

Looking forward to the Summit game, they have loads of talent. Should be a good game. Milford vs. Anderson could be really good too. Some great kids on both those teams.
Really think Waynesville takes care of summit. I’ll say 3-0.

There is only 1 perfect record team with most schools more than half way through the regular season.

Waynesville 11-0-0

And 3 undefeated schools Milford and Springboro both at 9-0-1 and Bellbrook at 7-0-3 (Springboro and Bellbrook tied each other)

Great win for Madeira, their game next week vs. Taylor will be the tell tale sign who wins the CHL. Note Reading lost to another CHL team yesterday and the streak of NEVER beating a CHL team besides Deer Park and Finneyhood. In fact they have yet to score a goal on a real CHL team.

MM could be a dark horse in D2. Draw vs. Badin who lost 2-0 to Alter is an interesting result (Centerville lost to Alter as well so I guess not so bad) but there have been so many crazy results this year, who knows.

There is only 1 perfect record team with most schools more than half way through the regular season.

Waynesville 11-0-0

And 3 undefeated schools Milford and Springboro both at 9-0-1 and Bellbrook at 7-0-3 (Springboro and Bellbrook tied each other)

Great win for Madeira, their game next week vs. Taylor will be the tell tale sign who wins the CHL. Note Reading lost to another CHL team yesterday and the streak of NEVER beating a CHL team besides Deer Park and Finneyhood. In fact they have yet to score a goal on a real CHL team.

MM could be a dark horse in D2. Draw vs. Badin who lost 2-0 to Alter is an interesting result (Centerville lost to Alter as well so I guess not so bad) but there have been so many crazy results this year, who knows.
Just curious - why do you call out Reading on a near weekly basis?

Just curious - why do you call out Reading on a near weekly basis?
Never liked the crazy soft non conference schedule that allows their kids (literally and figuratively) to rack up obnoxious stats pulling awards from more deserving kids yet not scoring against the real CHL or other conference leading teams (reminds me of Norwood)...Take a look at their leading scorers the last 10 years. Look who they scored against and who they didn't. Plus I'm super petty sometimes.

Never liked the crazy soft non conference schedule that allows their kids (literally and figuratively) to rack up obnoxious stats pulling awards from more deserving kids yet not scoring against the real CHL or other conference leading teams (reminds me of Norwood)...Take a look at their leading scorers the last 10 years. Look who they scored against and who they didn't. Plus I'm super petty sometimes.

Super weird behavior to consistently say things about Reading. They haven't beaten any of those teams in a long time, you're right. It's not "never" though. Plus the last few years there have been several competitive games with all of those teams. Real classy to refer to Finneytown as Finneyhood too.

We have a team or two like that in our conference also. Guessing most conferences do. Wish voters took two minutes to look beyond the inflated stats from non conference games. Also, if coach lets a player score half a dozen in one game, they should be run out of coaching.

Super weird behavior to consistently say things about Reading. They haven't beaten any of those teams in a long time, you're right. It's not "never" though. Plus the last few years there have been several competitive games with all of those teams. Real classy to refer to Finneytown as Finneyhood too.
Eh, did you miss the part where I said I’m petty?

Got to catch the Mason/West game.
Mason 0
West 0

Mason playing great defensively, just not scoring much. West actually had a goal called back. No VAR was available.

Got to catch the Mason/West game.
Mason 0
West 0

Mason playing great defensively, just not scoring much. West actually had a goal called back. No VAR was available.
Mason really struggling offensively without their primary scoring threat. Not sure when/if she will return this season. Defense tough as always. There can't be a better CB in the area than Mason's.

Really think Waynesville takes care of summit. I’ll say 3-0.
Summit was very fast, and aggressive with great skill. The most determined team we've faced this year, with a roster full of talented girls. When you have that many girls that play or played at the ECNL level you are going to be good on and off the ball and they were. Exceedingly disappointed with the refereeing, likely the worst we have seen this season. Goes back to my comment on the Oak Hills/Milford game where I was glad to see refs actually call a PK. Waynesville should have had 2 for sure and perhaps 1 for Summit last night. One of yesterday's misses was probably the most obvious and egregious (I've watched it full and slow motion 20 times) I've seen since Ana Manning was taken down vs Turpin. That's high school for some reason. (But remember respect the ref who doesn't respect the kids {insert eyeroll}) Saying that takes nothing away from what Summit accomplished. The Ville's first tie in the last 42 games and only the 4th time they have been behind in a game in that same span. Summit is a very good team.

Mason really struggling offensively without their primary scoring threat. Not sure when/if she will return this season. Defense tough as always. There can't be a better CB in the area than Mason's.
She's a baller on the field and a great kid off of it. Glad to see her and her team have so much success.

This is interesting..you say you don't like teams/coaches putting up obnoxious stats yet you constantly pump the tires for Oak Hills and a few other teams and players.

This is interesting..you say you don't like teams/coaches putting up obnoxious stats yet you constantly pump the tires for Oak Hills and a few other teams and players.
Please elaborate since you are calling specific teams out. Is there an issue you have with what oak hills is doing ? They probably play the toughest out of conference schedule in the city. What obnoxious stats are you referring to ?

Please elaborate since you are calling specific teams out. Is there an issue you have with what oak hills is doing ? They probably play the toughest out of conference schedule in the city. What obnoxious stats are you referring to ?
I will not be specific because it's not the fault of the players. It's the coaches that allow it to happen.