Week 6..

cincysports4

MND defeated Mason with ease... #1 vs #2... MND is definitely the 1 in Cincy.
Almost half way done with the season... Who are some of the surprises and some of the disappointments?

Here are some good 6 week matchups.

Monday:
Little Miami vs Loveland
St. Ursula vs Seton
Mariemont vs Waynesville

Tuesday:
Indian Hill vs Taylor
Oak Hills vs Mason
Milford vs Anderson

Wednesday:
Ursuline Academy vs Seton
MND at St. Ursula
Centerville vs Beavercreek
Miamisburg vs Northmont

Thursday:
Loveland vs Kings
Anderson vs Little Miami
Walnut Hills vs Milford

Saturday:
West Clermont vs Fairfield
Summit Country Day vs Lakota East
Madeira vs Cincinnati Country Day
Alter vs Indian Hill
Bishop Watterson vs Centerville

Last edited:

Monday:
Little Miami vs Loveland = Loveland 3-0
St. Ursula vs Seton = Seton 3-2
Mariemont vs Waynesville = Mariemont 2-1

Tuesday:
Indian Hill vs Taylor = 0-0 Draw
Oak Hills vs Mason = 1-1 Draw
Milford vs Anderson = Milford 3-0

Wednesday:
Ursuline Academy vs Seton = Seton 4-0
MND at St. Ursula = MND 3-1
Centerville vs Beavercreek = Centerville 2-0
Miamisburg vs Northmont = Miamisburg 2-0

Thursday:
Loveland vs Kings = Loveland 2-0
Anderson vs Little Miami = 2-2 Draw
Walnut Hills vs Milford = Milford 3-1

Saturday:
West Clermont vs Fairfield = 1-1 Draw
Summit Country Day vs Lakota East = 1-1 Draw
Madeira vs Cincinnati Country Day = CCD 1-0
Alter vs Indian Hill = Alter 1-0
Bishop Watterson vs Centerville = Centerville 1-0

Waynesville 4
Mariemont 1

Mariemont scored with 7 minutes left after Waynesville pulled starting forwards and Defenders. Mariemont a talented team. Murphy is a pleasure to watch play.

SUA 5
Seton 5

Ursuline 1
Mercy McAuley 1

Last edited:
Waynesville 4
Mariemont 1

Mariemont scored with 7 minutes left after Waynesville pulled starting forwards and Defenders. Mariemont a talented team. Murphy is a pleasure to watch play.

SUA 5
Seton 5

Ursuline 1
Mercy McAuley 1
Couple interesting score lines.

It's been a very long time since Mariemont has given up 4 goals. Maybe 4 years ago? I figured the GGCL teams outside of MND had a combo of poor defenses and poor attack after D2 Badin who struggled with Ross beat two of them but that was quite a display of both yesterday.

Any word on Loveland?

Couple interesting score lines.

It's been a very long time since Mariemont has given up 4 goals. Maybe 4 years ago? I figured the GGCL teams outside of MND had a combo of poor defenses and poor attack after D2 Badin who struggled with Ross beat two of them but that was quite a display of both yesterday.

Any word on Loveland?

Ursuline is currently down 9 Varsity players (roughly 6-7 who are starters or played significant minutes) due to injury and is playing half their JV team up. They have been playing this way pretty much since the Princeton game. They had a strong start to the year, but have fallen off since they have been piece mealing a team together the last 2 weeks. MM seems to be very young, but they are very fast on the outside.

Waynesville 4
Mariemont 1

SUA 5
Seton 5

Ursuline 1
Mercy McAuley 1

Wild game at the PAC last night. Ursula up 3-0 with about 21 minutes to play. Seton went on a tear and scored 5 goals in about 17-18 minutes to go up 5-3. Ursula came back and scored 2 goals in the last two minutes that resulted in a tie. Not sure which side should be more pissed off about the tie. Thought I was watching a 4th grade SAY soccer game those last 21 minutes.

Wild game at the PAC last night. Ursula up 3-0 with about 21 minutes to play. Seton went on a tear and scored 5 goals in about 17-18 minutes to go up 5-3. Ursula came back and scored 2 goals in the last two minutes that resulted in a tie. Not sure which side should be more pissed off about the tie. Thought I was watching a 4th grade SAY soccer game those last 21 minutes.
Both teams are terribly coached, especially SUA. I’m not sure how you cut kids who are D-1 level talent and still keep your job.

Seton can score in bunches anytime anywhere

Wow. Would like to have been there for that! Sounds exciting and crazy.

Was there any defense?

Was there any defense?
I will caveat this as I have no skin in the game on either side, had buddies’ kids on both teams so I went just to watch a good soccer match.

I would say half of the goals scored were solid soccer goals - within the context of good offense, ball movement and offensive spacing. There were at least 4-5 goals scored that were just complete brain farts on the part of both defenses – surprised to see that type of play with that many high level club girls on the field. I am still not sure what happened on the play where SUA scored their 4th goal.

Lakota West 1
Hamilton 1

Sycamore 2
Lakota East 2

Colerain 5
Middletown 1

Fairfield 8
Princeton 0

Mason 3
Oak Hills 0

Turpin 2
Walnut Hills 1

Milford 2
Anderson 0

West Clermont 3
Kings 0

Last edited:
Loveland 3
Kings 1

Milford 3
Walnut Hills 2

Anderson 2
Little Miami 1

Summit 6
CHCA 0

Last edited:
MND 1 / Lakota West 0
Interesting score the only prefect D1 team vs the only winless D1 team.

Centerville 1 / Bishop Watterson 0

Last edited: