Week 6: Howland Tigers (3-2) at Louisville Leopards (2-3)

I think leps get back in the win column, man do you guys one heck of a schedule good luck to the Leo's and beat those tigers

I heard that Louisville approached Howland about starting up a league in the past year but they felt there was too much distance between the schools. Now that both schools have seen that independent scheduling also has its struggles with finding local games without forced to play too many larger or private schools. Canfield, Howland and Louisville is a good base to build a league. These 3 can find schools that fit best (travel & size). Maybe: Boardman, Green, Lake, NP, Dover, Alliance or Marlington. If they start it, I believe teams will be interested. So, I hope this is a good game tomorrow and the people of Howland enjoy their visit and this is the start of a continued series. Louisville fans will enjoy going to dinner at Buena Vista or Salvadores before/ after the game when in Howland and Howland fans will enjoy going to Un-hitched (open soon) or Grinders when in Louisville. Enjoy!

I heard that Louisville approached Howland about starting up a league in the past year but they felt there was too much distance between the schools. Now that both schools have seen that independent scheduling also has its struggles with finding local games without forced to play too many larger or private schools. Canfield, Howland and Louisville is a good base to build a league. These 3 can find schools that fit best (travel & size). Maybe: Boardman, Green, Lake, NP, Dover, Alliance or Marlington. If they start it, I believe teams will be interested. So, I hope this is a good game tomorrow and the people of Howland enjoy their visit and this is the start of a continued series. Louisville fans will enjoy going to dinner at Buena Vista or Salvadores before/ after the game when in Howland and Howland fans will enjoy going to Un-hitched (open soon) or Grinders when in Louisville. Enjoy!

I hope you are right, but I think Howland is a one and done deal for football. Howland's schedule is full next year and I believe our only open week is Week 2. Hopefully Friday's game is a good one and hopefully we can fit them in the schedule for 2021! Minus the distance they'd be a good fit competition wise for league not just in football but most sports from what I've observed over the last two years.

grinders? we can do better than that, i think...

article a month ago about Chaney East Ursuline and Mooney starting a league
they invited Louisville Howland Canfield amongst others.

What about the leps joining howland, for The Ecol, have room what if stueby would join man what a conference

N.P
Dover
Steubenville
Warren
Cambridge
Mareitta
Loisville
Warren Howland

Last edited:
There's a Steakhouse in downtown Louisville next to Rae's Jewelry at the corner of Main and Chapel. They have great burgers and perch also. Park at Giant Eagle.