Week 6: Elder

ReLoad

StX (2-3) at Elder (3-2) Friday September 28th 7pm

Elder leads the series 50-42-6.
Last season X won 14-6 at Ballaban Field
Specht vs Ramsey head to head since 2004 has St. X with an 12-4 advantage.

Somebody gets to snap a 2 game losing streak

The Bombers continue to struggle offensively and on special teams

Offense: Lack of team chemistry/cohesiveness, uncertainty at the QB position, injuries at the RB position (Newman, Payne), turnovers (-6 in the 3 losses) and inability to own the line of scrimmage have resulted in 3 losses by a combined total of 13 points.

Hudepohl seems to lack pocket awareness and the ability to consistently throw a catchable ball
In the 3 losses Hudepohl is 40 for 90 for 625 yards 4 TDs and 5 INTs and 5 fumbles

Prepare yourselves for this stat:
In the 3 losses the Bombers have rushed 70 times for 113 yards for a 1.6 yards per carry

The kicking game continued to struggle yesterday with a missed 22 yard field FG following a 1st quarter Hundley interception.

Last night the Bomber defense continued to shine with 2 interceptions (Hundley and Arthur), a sack (MacDonald) and a near safety by Kiessling.

The Moeller offense was limited to 9 first downs and 189 total yards

After 5 games LB Nate Arthur leads the GCL in tackles (49) and sacks (6)

The Bomber defense leads the GCL in average yards allowed per game of 178

Should be an odd game, one team can’t run the ball and one team can’t kick. One team will make some adjustments at halftime and one team most likely will not. All we need now is rain and everyone should be guaranteed to have a great time!

Reload, 2020Dad, do you have any injury updates for us?

Hoping Payne 100%,
-Hoping K.Newman back, really need him and I think he is due for a breakout game.
-BJ Ferguson was really limping at the end, need him vs Elder's best receiver Trischler (spelling?, no offense intended Panther fans)
-Looks like we had a new center in, I think JR N.Uhl #63? Not sure if injury or Uhl playing better than incumbent.

Hoping Payne 100%,
-Hoping K.Newman back, really need him and I think he is due for a breakout game.
-BJ Ferguson was really limping at the end, need him vs Elder's best receiver Trischler (spelling?, no offense intended Panther fans)
-Looks like we had a new center in, I think JR N.Uhl #63? Not sure if injury or Uhl playing better than incumbent.

Our offense is inept. We have 2 QB's that are not getting it done under center. The need to at least take a look at Rueve. He played very steady on Frosh and JV and is a good smart passer.

Hoping Payne 100%,

All are healthy enough to play.
We may see some new faces on the OLine and at QB.
Taul, Uhl, Albanese, Nussman...all getting a look on the line
Those spots are all up for grabs at this point.

Our offense is inept. We have 2 QB's that are not getting it done under center. The need to at least take a look at Rueve. He played very steady on Frosh and JV and is a good smart passer.

Specht's concerns pre-season have come to fruition.
This year is starting to look like 2004 instead of 2005 and it revolves around the play of the offense.
I'll pick up this discussion in our original thread

This game is starting to feel like the 2014 game vs Elder.
Going into the noisy Pit the QB position was uncertain.
Clifford was the starting QB as a sophomore but sustained a concussion in the Moeller game the previous Friday.
Matt Wittrock made his varsity QB first start at the Pit and everybody knew he was green, especially Purple Nation.
Luckily we rammed it down their throats on the ground that night as Glines and Fricke combined for nearly 300 yards rushing in a 32-24 OT victory

Could history be repeating itself?

Let's hope so.
Reload, you usually post the opposition lineup,which is always interesting. Hate to always push you for info, but hoping you can do so for the Panthers.

Let's hope so.
Reload, you usually post the opposition lineup,which is always interesting. Hate to always push you for info, but hoping you can do so for the Panthers.

Elder Offense
QB Fritz
RB Edmund
WR Hans
WR Friedrich
TE Ernst
LT Karl
LG Otto
C Wilhelm
RG Gerhard
RT Werner
WR Helmut

Elder Defense
LE Klaus
NG Stephan
RE Uwe
OLB Heinz
OLB Gunter
MLB Dieter
FS Horst
SS Jurgen
CB Manfred
CB Wolfgang

Other
Punter Jan
Place Kicker Dirk
Kick Returner Adolph
Holder Franz
Special Teams Ferdinand
Special Teams Klaus
Dime Package Lars
Nickel Package Ludwig
Secret Weapon Olaf

A lot of Germans in Price Hill

Elder Offense
QB Fritz
RB Edmund
WR Hans
WR Friedrich
TE Ernst
LT Karl
LG Otto
C Wilhelm
RG Gerhard
RT Werner
WR Helmut

Elder Defense
LE Klaus
NG Stephan
RE Uwe
OLB Heinz
OLB Gunter
MLB Dieter
FS Horst
SS Jurgen
CB Manfred
CB Wolfgang

Other
Punter Jan
Place Kicker Dirk
Kick Returner Adolph
Holder Franz
Special Teams Ferdinand
Special Teams Klaus
Dime Package Lars
Nickel Package Ludwig
Secret Weapon Olaf

Hell yeah, Germans permit tailgating :Ohno:. Watch for KR Adolph, he has speed that hasn’t been seen in years. Make sure you try a Brat, I hear they are really good!

Man, you even know about Olaf? :dang:

We've been aware of Olaf for awhile now.

We also know about Omar.

You know Omar?

Use to be Descartes

Who was previously Frank Underwood

Who was previously Dale Cooper

Who was previously Jay Bilas

Who was previously Nelson Van Alden

Who was the original pboy06

Word is he is not allowed in the Pit this Friday
Can you confirm?

Elder Offense
QB Fritz
RB Edmund
WR Hans
WR Friedrich
TE Ernst
LT Karl
LG Otto
C Wilhelm
RG Gerhard
RT Werner
WR Helmut

Elder Defense
LE Klaus
NG Stephan
RE Uwe
OLB Heinz
OLB Gunter
MLB Dieter
FS Horst
SS Jurgen
CB Manfred
CB Wolfgang

Other
Punter Jan
Place Kicker Dirk
Kick Returner Adolph
Holder Franz
Special Teams Ferdinand
Special Teams Klaus
Dime Package Lars
Nickel Package Ludwig
Secret Weapon Olaf

I've heard Adolph is a dangerous returner when Elder uses their Blitzkreig return package. He's so fast that the kickoff team will get gassed trying to keep up with him.

Concur, let's all (me included) remember to be adults and set a positive example. We all remember the basketball game last year and don't want to head down the wrong path.

Give Liam a look at QB??

I asked (more than once)
The standard answer from all coaches is: “He’s a wide receiver”
I think the only position he played at CHCA was QB (all his pre-StX video is at QB)
Missed freshman year due to surgery so as far as I know he has never played QB at X.
Was/Is the adamancy that he is not a QB to avoid additional pre-season QB controversy (Hudepohl vs Kreimer)?
Are they looking long term (college) where Liam is likely a WR and not QB?
Do they want to protect Liam from comparisons to older brother Sean?

Not sure but tomorrow night will either be Hudepohl (#11), Kreimer (#10) or Rueve (#12)….or a combination of all 3.

On JV Hudy was turnover prone and often lacked touch on his throws.
In varsity games he seems to lack pocket awareness that has led to balls getting knocked out of his hands, unclean handoffs, passes being batted down or tipped by defensive line, sacks, pics and hurries.

Maybe it’s the speed of the game he is trying to adjust to

Wolf had that uncanny 6th sense to recognize trouble and slide/glide in the pocket to protect the ball, avoid tipped passes, open a passing lane etc, With

Sean Clifford once he sensed trouble or the pocket collapsing he usually just tucked it in and took off with good results.

Watching Clifford at Penn State he looks a lot more comfortable in the pocket (doesn’t have the happy feet) and sits there confidently and finds the open receiver.

Hopefully Hudy can develop this pocket awareness by 7pm Friday night.

I asked (more than once)
The standard answer from all coaches is: “He’s a wide receiver”
I think the only position he played at CHCA was QB (all his pre-StX video is at QB)
Missed freshman year due to surgery so as far as I know he has never played QB at X.
Was/Is the adamancy that he is not a QB to avoid additional pre-season QB controversy (Hudepohl vs Kreimer)?
Are they looking long term (college) where Liam is likely a WR and not QB?
Do they want to protect Liam from comparisons to older brother Sean?

Not sure but tomorrow night will either be Hudepohl (#11), Kreimer (#10) or Rueve (#12)….or a combination of all 3.

Tell you what...that young man needs more touches as does Lang and Kreimer needs his. RBs need to assert themselves to take pressure off of everything else. I keep thinking of Liam as a QB maybe they are saving that for the off season at this stage of the game. Reminds me of the 5 and 5 team...maybe Wyatt just needs to find himself and we need to just wait it out...hopefully it comes together at the Pit.

Elder Offense
QB Fritz
RB Edmund
WR Hans
WR Friedrich
TE Ernst
LT Karl
LG Otto
C Wilhelm
RG Gerhard
RT Werner
WR Helmut

Elder Defense
LE Klaus
NG Stephan
RE Uwe
OLB Heinz
OLB Gunter
MLB Dieter
FS Horst
SS Jurgen
CB Manfred
CB Wolfgang

Other
Punter Jan
Place Kicker Dirk
Kick Returner Adolph
Holder Franz
Special Teams Ferdinand
Special Teams Klaus
Dime Package Lars
Nickel Package Ludwig
Secret Weapon Olaf

I don't see Spencer Bono on this list? Is he hurt?

I’d be real surprised if X played 3 QBs. Has Rueve played at all this season?

Garbage time vs Lakota West and Walnut Hills.
He's 3 of 7 on the year for 12 yards and 1 TD.

My guess is they do what they did last week vs Moeller where both Wyatt and Jared get snaps with more going to Wyatt.

If coaching staff not happy with the results it's Rueve out of the bullpen.

Picked up my tickets at X today.

For an additional $20 you can purchase a combat kit

The kit includes bullet proof vest, night vision goggles and mace (may be used on Omar)

Save kit for away game vs Moeller next season at Lockland Stadium

Picked up my tickets at X today.

For an additional $20 you can purchase a combat kit

The kit includes bullet proof vest, night vision goggles and mace (may be used on Omar)

Save kit for away game vs Moeller next season at Lockland Stadium

X must have some pretty soft fans if they may need mace for Omar!

Game day at the Pit!
Put on your protective gear X fans.

Let's win the battle and survive the war

GO BOMBERS!!