Week 4: Elder(3-0) vs. St. Edward(3-0) Away

Impressive effort. I still think they need to re-evaluate the personnel at OL. It’s limiting the Offense. TBH, this is the best Elder D I’ve seen in a long time. They played their a** off and gave Elder a chance to win.

I hate to mention the “t” word. But travel definitely was a factor in this game. A 5 hour bus ride is too much when playing a high caliber team that is bigger and stronger. Congrats to the Panthers for playing their hardest to the final whistle. Very proud of this no quit team. We win this game today at the pit. If the coaches and administrators believe that traveling to Cleveland and playing the same day is important but financially the best and only option who are we to question their reasons. They know the $ options for what is best for all the students.

I hate to mention the “t” word. But travel definitely was a factor in this game. A 5 hour bus ride is too much when playing a high caliber team that is bigger and stronger. Congrats to the Panthers for playing their hardest to the final whistle. Very proud of this no quit team. We win this game today at the pit. If the coaches and administrators believe that traveling to Cleveland and playing the same day is important but financially the best and only option who are we to question their reasons. They know the $ options for what is best for all the students.
They seem to have come out strong to start the game. the Wind seemed to have a bigger impact than travel.

Last edited:
If you can go toe to toe with the #1team in the state on their home field that is def a sign that you can go a long way. Maybe it was the wind, but it was a pretty conservative gameplan. Props for a great effort today.

It sucks to lose, but this will give them the confidence to beat anyone.

Impressive effort. I still think they need to re-evaluate the personnel at OL. It’s limiting the Offense. TBH, this is the best Elder D I’ve seen in a long time. They played their a** off and gave Elder a chance to win.
I'm curious why you are so focused on the O-Line and not the D-line that gave up 298 yards rushing? You praise a defense that got shredded on the ground.

You say the offense was limited, yet they were about as close to that 50/50 run/pass mix you said was so important.

Ed's was 75% run yesterday, seems like ability to run the ball and stop the run is still the most important factor in Ohio football.

If you can go toe to toe with the #1team in the state on their home field that is def a sign that you can go a long way. Maybe it was the wind, but it was a pretty conservative gameplan. Props for a great effort today.

It sucks to lose, but this will give them the confidence to beat Anyone.

I’m not buying what your selling. Elder wins that game if the passing game was part of the plan in the middle quarters. 8 in the box and we run QB draws and wildcat. Makes no sense and then to see the passing game throttle Ed’s D.

Trust the players to make plays and stay hole with a better mix of run and pass when it’s needed. Effort aside which was good for sure this should have been a W or at least an OT game if we make the FG.

Turnovers always hurt, but even moreso against better teams because they'll usually make you pay. Redzone turnovers are absolutely brutal and the one by Elder on their 2nd possession was a killer. Chance to put Eds in a 14-0 hole and really make them uncomfortable.

I'm curious why you are so focused on the O-Line and not the D-line that gave up 298 yards rushing? You praise a defense that got shredded on the ground.

You say the offense was limited, yet they were about as close to that 50/50 run/pass mix you said was so important.

Ed's was 75% run yesterday, seems like ability to run the ball and stop the run is still the most important factor in Ohio football.
The D was on the field a ton yesterday. And they were limited bc even when they threw the ball, it was mostly dink & dunk passes. They have to get the OL fixed, it’s not like last yr where they didn’t have anyone on the bench that could play. There’s kids with size that can step in.

Last edited:

It sucks to lose, but this will give them the confidence to beat anyone.
I’d be less concerned if they weren’t so vanilla vs Springboro. They can’t continue to play it this safe on Offense. However, I agree that all in all, they should feel confident in their abilities as a team.

Carson Browne only caught one pass but I think he is going to be a factor going forward. Keep him as a wideout.

Carson Browne only caught one pass but I think he is going to be a factor going forward. Keep him as a wideout.
He was targeted more than that. He’s definitely going to be an impact player for the Offense.

The D was on the field a ton yesterday. And they were limited bc even when they threw the ball, it was mostly dink & dunk passes. They have to get the OL fixed, it’s not like last yr where they didn’t have anyone on the bench that could play. There’s kids with size that can step in.
The defense was on the field 2 minutes and 34 seconds more than the offense..... That's a ton?

I ask again, why does the D-line get a pass giving up essentially 300 yards rushing? And thats the best defense you have seen in a while?

You also said you wanted to see Elder have a 50/50 run/pass balance in their play calling, and yesterday they were 52%run, 48%pass.... That's as close as you can get, and yet you want more passing. You want them to "open it up," yet claim 40-50 passes a game is too many. Do you even know what you want? Because Elder did exactly what you wanted them to do and you still didn't like it.

Lastly, just because someone has size doesn't mean they are any good on the line.

Maybe you should get into coaching or offer Coach Ramsey your astute offensive football knowledge and help him game plan each week. Certainly the sky would be the limit with your input.

The defense was on the field 2 minutes and 34 seconds more than the offense..... That's a ton?

I ask again, why does the D-line get a pass giving up essentially 300 yards rushing? And thats the best defense you have seen in a while?

You also said you wanted to see Elder have a 50/50 run/pass balance in their play calling, and yesterday they were 52%run, 48%pass.... That's as close as you can get, and yet you want more passing. You want them to "open it up," yet claim 40-50 passes a game is too many. Do you even know what you want? Because Elder did exactly what you wanted them to do and you still didn't like it.

Lastly, just because someone has size doesn't mean they are any good on the line.

Maybe you should get into coaching or offer Coach Ramsey your astute offensive football knowledge and help him game plan each week. Certainly the sky would be the limit with your input.
How many times did Eds start out with great FP? And Elder only gave up 17 points. And you don’t seem to grasp a dump off pass to the FB isn’t exactly opening up the Offense. Schoster needs a better pocket to pass out of. Having Browne back is nice but they still need a 2nd WR to step up. Teams are going to blanket Re until Elder finds another threat downfield

And I’ve said I don’t know more than the coaches but there’s got to be some solution to the OL. They can’t continue to be so conservative on Offense, Ville X has the best D in KY and is probably just a tier below Eds in terms of talent.

How many times did Eds start out with great FP? And Elder only gave up 17 points. And you don’t seem to grasp a dump off pass to the FB isn’t exactly opening up the Offense. Schoster needs a better pocket to pass out of. Having Browne back is nice but they still need a 2nd WR to step up. Teams are going to blanket Re until Elder finds another threat downfield

And I’ve said I don’t know more than the coaches but there’s got to be some solution to the OL. They can’t continue to be so conservative on Offense, Ville X has the best D in KY and is probably just a tier below Eds in terms of talent.
So down field passing is opening up the playbook, just not 40-50 times. So throw down field 30 times?

You think maybe Elder was giving what the defense was giving them. Hard to pass down field if it's all covered.

I keep trying to explain to you, conservative offense wins. Period. I'm sure thr Ed's fans are super angry about how conservative their offense was rushing 45 times yesterday. They've been pounding the bal up there for quite a few championships. Elder's 2 state championships they pounded the ball way better than anyone. Quit saying they need to open things up. They need to run the ball better. That is how you win.

Football is a simple game, especially in Ohio...run the ball and stop the run.

So down field passing is opening up the playbook, just not 40-50 times. So throw down field 30 times?

You think maybe Elder was giving what the defense was giving them. Hard to pass down field if it's all covered.

I keep trying to explain to you, conservative offense wins. Period. I'm sure thr Ed's fans are super angry about how conservative their offense was rushing 45 times yesterday. They've been pounding the bal up there for quite a few championships. Elder's 2 state championships they pounded the ball way better than anyone. Quit saying they need to open things up. They need to run the ball better. That is how you win.

Football is a simple game, especially in Ohio...run the ball and stop the run.
It’s even harder to throw down field with no protection. And no, conservative offense doesn’t win, you have to throw the ball and stretch the field. X won their title 2 yrs ago with a strong passing attack. It’s not 20 yrs ago, the game is more spread out, why do you think you never see teams under Center?

Also, if you’re so deadset on Elder pounding the ball, then you have to admit this isn’t the Line to do it. And while Flowers is very talented, he’s not a bw the Tackles Back. Elder hasn’t had a true North South RB since Schroer.

Except for the fumble, number 10 looked pretty good yesterday. Seemed like he was open all afternoon.

Except for the fumble, number 10 looked pretty good yesterday. Seemed like he was open all afternoon.
That’s Luke Autenrieb. And he’ll have to step up bc it’s my understanding Mirus is likely for the yr.

It’s even harder to throw down field with no protection. And no, conservative offense doesn’t win, you have to throw the ball and stretch the field. X won their title 2 yrs ago with a strong passing attack. It’s not 20 yrs ago, the game is more spread out, why do you think you never see teams under Center?
Wow, after 2 weeks, you finally found a state champ that threw the ball 40x. But again that's too many according to you.

I know it's not 20 years ago, you dont see teams under center often because the spread is better for the run. You spread out the defense which creates running lanes.

That 2020 X team was a statistical anomaly.... Running the ball is overwhelmingly the way to win. It may not be popular or fun to watch, but state championship teams dominate the running game far more than they pass. If that's the ultimate goal, to win state, then teams need to focus on the ground game. Again, it's not sexy, but the numbers simply don't lie.

Wow, after 2 weeks, you finally found a state champ that threw the ball 40x. But again that's too many according to you.

I know it's not 20 years ago, you dont see teams under center often because the spread is better for the run. You spread out the defense which creates running lanes.

That 2020 X team was a statistical anomaly.... Running the ball is overwhelmingly the way to win. It may not be popular or fun to watch, but state championship teams dominate the running game far more than they pass. If that's the ultimate goal, to win state, then teams need to focus on the ground game. Again, it's not sexy, but the numbers simply don't lie.
No, it’s a balance. You can’t look at the state title games in isolation, teams had to win games before that to get there.

No, it’s a balance. You can’t look at the state title games in isolation, teams had to win games before that to get there.
Go back and look at seasons of state champ teams, again the numbers show overwhelmingly the importance of having a dominant run game. Balance is great in NFL and college, but in high school the run is king. There are decades of data to prove it, even in with teams going spread and shotgun.

Go back and look at seasons of state champ teams, again the numbers show overwhelmingly the importance of having a dominant run game. Balance is great in NFL and college, but in high school the run is king. There are decades of data to prove it, even in with teams going spread and shotgun.
If you have those stats, please show me.

But you’re posting this with such confidence, I assumed you had this information on hand and aren’t totally pulling it out of your rectum.
I've gave you state champ stats, you didn't like that, claimed I was cherry-picking. I gave you Elder's two state runs as other examples, you didn't like that either.

So which state champ teams would you like? Any of Ed's numerous titles? Pick Central's? Lasalle's? Moeller's? Iggy's? Maybe some smaller schools where the running the ball is even more important?

I've gave you state champ stats, you didn't like that, claimed I was cherry-picking. I gave you Elder's two state runs as other examples, you didn't like that either.

So which state champ teams would you like? Any of Ed's numerous titles? Pick Central's? Lasalle's? Moeller's? Iggy's? Maybe some smaller schools where the running the ball is even more important?
Bc you isolated your theory to one game and that doesn’t explain HOW teams got to that game.

Bc you isolated your theory to one game and that doesn’t explain HOW teams got to that game.
It doesn't matter. I provided overwhelming evidence of why teams won state. Do you think they just decided to in the state championship game to pound the ball?

5 minutes of research would have proven that wasn't the case.

It doesn't matter. I provided overwhelming evidence of why teams won state. Do you think they just decided to in the state championship game to pound the ball?

5 minutes of research would have proven that wasn't the case.
It does matter because a lot of variables impact a game plan. You’re right that being able to run the ball matters, but it’s not more important than being able to throw the ball effectively. Why do you think Colerain struggled late in the playoffs outside of ‘04? Their ‘18 team was beyond stacked and they got shut down in the title game by an Eds team that barely made the playoffs.

Last edited:
It does matter because a lot of variables impact a game plan. You’re right that being able to run the ball matters, but it’s not more important than being able to throw the ball effectively. Why do you think Colerain struggled late in the playoffs outside of ‘04? Their ‘18 team was beyond stacked and they got shut down in the title game by an Eds team that barely made the playoffs.
Yep, that Ed's team did a much better job rushing than Colerain that game.

Throwing effectively is more important than rushing? Your joking right? Why didn't Western Brown win it all last year? Novak is all world in passing? But they lost to a team that rushed for 299 yards. Why does Anderson lose to power run teams? They should be in d2 contention every year by your logic.

Again lookup season stats of state champs, well over 90% of them are extremely rush heavy teams.

You may not like it, but the numbers overwhelmingly say the run is way more important than being able to pass effectively.

This is high school, not the NFL. Running is king no matter how you look at it.

Yep, that Ed's team did a much better job rushing than Colerain that game.

Throwing effectively is more important than rushing? Your joking right? Why didn't Western Brown win it all last year? Novak is all world in passing? But they lost to a team that rushed for 299 yards. Why does Anderson lose to power run teams? They should be in d2 contention every year by your logic.

Again lookup season stats of state champs, well over 90% of them are extremely rush heavy teams.

You may not like it, but the numbers overwhelmingly say the run is way more important than being able to pass effectively.

This is high school, not the NFL. Running is king no matter how you look at it.
They could rush the ball bc they were also a threat to pass. Are you so dense you don’t understand that?