Week 3 Shaw at Hubbard

Overall Hubbard does a good job containing a very athletic Shaw team. The size of Shaw did somewhat suprise me. Very sloppy game for both sides. Way to many penalties. Except for one big pass play the Eagles shut Shaw down. Eagles need to clean it up next week vs Struthers. Passing game has got to get better. This score should have been a lot worst. But overall a solid win for the Eagles. Shaw should be good for 5+ wins this season.

Hopefully, the Hubbard/Struthers game will be the GOTW on WKBN next Friday. The only other good game I see on the schedule is South Range/Poland. I don't think they would do Fitch/Harding or Ursuline/East because 3 of them have already been on this year.

Last edited:
Hopefully, the Hubbard/Struthers game will be the GOTW on WKBN next Friday. The only other good game I see on the schedule is South Range/Poland. I don't think they would do Fitch/Harding or Ursuline/East because 3 of those teams have already been on this year.
They might do them. Who’s Canfield playing? They have a thing for Canfield too

The commercial they ran during the 10:00pm news had Columbiana vs Southern listed at the end. But could obviously change after Columbiana getting destroyed.

Ya maybe. Boardman is going to have a horrible record at that point
The best match-ups to televise for Canfield were weeks 1 and 2 (Louisville and Dover), Notre Dame-Cathedral Latin next week is also decent but it is too far for them to travel to, and Louisville is the extreme limit they are willing to do and they only did that before because businesses with Canfield interests paid for their additional expenses. Canfield also plays Highland but that game is in Medina, so that is out. Howland will most likely be on tv for one of East or Chaney, and so that rules them out. Basically by process of elimination and because it got really good ratings compared to the rest of the games it will be the default choice.