Week 3 Milton-Union (2-0) vs. Tippecanoe (2-0)

MU_Football

After the 28-27 loss the the Devils last year, and the loss of a few key seniors, can MU pull out the win this year? Thoughts? Opinions? :stirthepot:

I think MU is better equipped to make this a competitive game throughout this season. They have the ability to be balanced on offense which will keep Tipp City honest. I think the game will be decided on if MU can run and slow down TC's running game. In the end, I favor Tipp City but expect a good game.

Tipp City 28
Milton Union 24

BlessEm, Didn't you say this earlier?

"No way. Tipp has everyone back from last year's team. MU struggled with Oakwood who is not nearly the team that Tipp is. Charlie Burgbacher is a better more experienced coach than Pearce and he always finds a way to beat him.

The difference between Pearce and Burgbacher, Farrar and Maggie? Discipline. His teams are not disciplined at all. Kids talking crap to the refs, making rude comments to the other team, walking on and off the field, taking their helmets off while on the field, and several personal pentalties that almost cost them the game vs. Oakwood. It's the little things that separate the champions from the pretenders.
I think Pearce has done a decent job at MU, though he certainly is not popular with the kids. I think it's because when he had 80 kids on the sidelines he still only played, at the most, 17-18 kids in a game. TWO-PLATOON when you have that many out and you'll see your program spike. Ask Niswonger, he did it at VV and they won state titles. It might take you a few years but eventually your stalls will be overflowing with talent and a disciplined program where the older kids will set the tone for the younger ones, and not in a bad way. This is my personal viewpoint.

Tipp wins this one going away and will not trail the whole game. They are going to be too much for that pourus defense that MU has. They'll run over, under and around our kids. Makes me sad to say it. I'll be rooting for the boys come friday night. I'll root for Coach A, Coach D, and Coach B. But Pearce needs to re-evaluate what his motives are and what he wants out of coaching. I've talked to too many parents, kids and fans that are tired of seeing him waste talent. Take a chance coach...live on the edge. Look at how Charlie B coaches and emulate what he does. Coaches A, D, B are MU boys and are committed. They ooze Bulldog Pride. Maybe Pearce needs to start getting full on some Bulldog Pride!

GOOD LUCK BULLDOGS!"

Why delete that? It's good information.

He was probably told to delete it lol. No pun intended. Been there and done that lol. Anyhow, I think Tipp is loaded again this year. Was kind of shocked to see Oakwood give MU so much trouble.

Would like to see MU pull this one out! Just don't see it happening imo.

Tipp 28
M-U 21

Blessemall was a Pearce supporter until his kid didn't get much playing time last year. Now Pearce is terrible. What a shock.

This guy is an angry parent with an axe to grind. I wouldn't put too much stock in his posts.

I dont think its fair to compare Burgbacher and Pearce. Cant argue that Burgbacher is a hell of a coach...but whos to say Pearce wouldnt have won as many games with Tipp's talent. I think Pearce has done a pretty good job at MU with the talent hes had over the years. Hes had 1 great player and maybe 5-10 kids with above average speed....other than that hes had decent size, but very slow teams. MU isnt going to win many games off their athleticism, but I think their kids play hard and stick to what they do well. Doesnt that say something about the coach?