Week 3: Elder vs. Clearwater Academy International(Florida)

Excited for the game. I am not all that optimistic about the match-up, however its a home game vs potentially the best team we will see all year. I know PBoy hates this game, but I have to imagine the kids are pumped up. I am sure this game will have more college coaches in attendance than any other that Elder will play in all year with Midwest schools wanting to come see some of these kids from FL. Great opportunity for some Elder kids to show what they can do.

Excited for the game. I am not all that optimistic about the match-up, however its a home game vs potentially the best team we will see all year. I know PBoy hates this game, but I have to imagine the kids are pumped up. I am sure this game will have more college coaches in attendance than any other that Elder will play in all year with Midwest schools wanting to come see some of these kids from FL. Great opportunity for some Elder kids to show what they can do.

There’s a reason Hudl exists, and Elder isn’t exactly some tiny no name school. If you stand out at Elder, you’ll get noticed if you’ve got the right physical metrics.

Elder shouldn’t feel like they’ve got to prove anything this game. In the context of the entire season, this is probably the least important game on the schedule. Next week at Eds is what’s really important. That’s where they can show how they stack up with the top of D1.

Elder needs to extend drives, keep the CA Offense off the field. They did a really good job of converting 3rd Downs last week, going 7/11.

I’m in the minority that think a shootout would not be in Elder’s favor. I don’t think they can match CA possession for possession, especially with their quick strike ability.

Last edited:
I don't think we see alot of long drives tonight.

Lots of explosive plays on both sides. I could see CA turning it over a bunch and having alot of penalties.

I don't think we see alot of long drives tonight.

Lots of explosive plays on both sides. I could see CA turning it over a bunch and having alot of penalties.
I disagree. Elder cant outrun these players (maybe Luebbe). If Elder gets a step, it's a 15 yard pickup. If they get a step, it's a 70 yard TD.

Elder offense needs to run run run and keep them off the field.

Elder D giving up the quick scores. Gotta stop the 2 pt conversions at the very least. O is moving the ball...If the O stalls this could get ugly for Elder with no answer on Defense.

end of one 16-14 Clearwater

Elder with the great punt to the CA, I believe 13, next play CA fumbles snap Elder recovers. Elder first play 11 yard TD run Elder 21 CA 16...Just what the Elder D needed.

CA goes for it on 4th down in their own territory,Incomplete pass. Elder takes over on downs in CA territory....No kicking game is starting to hurt CA.

Hurry up o is getting CA off guard...johnson runs it in for another TD.. Elder 28 CA 16....Coaching is starting to show and giving Elder the edge in this first half.

Really thought their athletes on d would give the o problems. They haven't responded after getting punched in the mouth. Is the Elder o just that good? Very impressive.

CA not giving up with a 72 yd TD run... CA with the athletes....2pt conversion good 28-24 Elder....E needs to at least stop these 2 pt conversions.

Ramsey TD Elder goes up 35-24 Elder O is doing what they want for the most part. The Elder D needs to step it up to shut this game out in the Second half.

That series of downs was the worse Ramsey has called in a while. Even before this series, why would Elder try a short kickoff after scoring again.

Bizarre game. Elder has pummeled then running the ball, but literally every play you have to hold your breath when CA is on Offense.

35-24 Elder at half.....we will see what kind of adjustment both teams make....Elder needs to find a way to slow down the CA offense, you're not going to stop them but causing them to eat up some clock can go a long way also CA has no kicking game, need to shut down the 2 pt conversions.

Pboy called this one
You’re being sarcastic, but a lot of what I said was true. Elder controlled the clock running the ball, they’ve outcoached CA (horrible blunder by their coach at the end of the half letting 15+ secs run off the clock before taking a timeout), and CA’s athletes are giving Elder fit.

The d may lack great speed, but it's a track meet with these wideouts. They are doing everything they can, fortunately the QB missed some throws.

Things were a bit chippy in the first half. CA is clearly not used to being pushed around on d. One player took the helmet right off an Elder lineman and a stupid taunting call on 11. This team is lacking discipline. They are all out there for their own benefit, to put up big numbers, couldn't care less about nor do they understand anything about being a team.

Need to stop the 2 pt conversions. Elder should not have settled for the FG but points are points in this game....Elder O needs a TD to keep the distance

This is one crazy game. Clearwater has zero discipline. Second week in a row I thought the defense looked slow and tackles poorly. Elder’s O is going to have to keep scoring to hold on.

O line is starting to show some weakness letting the pressure get to the qb...Elder getting in passing situations is bad since incomplete passes stops the clock. CA can score with no more than 10 sec. Need a big Elder D turnover.