Week 2: Valley View (1-0) vs. Fort Recovery (1-0)

IRLMN1999

Both coming off wins in week 1, don't know much about Fort Recovery other than they are a playoff regular for their region... FR usually plays D6-D7 schools so they are scheduling up a bit this year going with my D4 Valley View... VV has to be the favorite in this game I would imagine? Anyone have any thoughts on Fort Recovery?

Week 1:
Valley View 52
Wilmington 31

Fort Recovery 27
Lehman Catholic 21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both coming off wins in week 1, don't know much about Fort Recovery other than they are a playoff regular for their region... FR usually plays D6-D7 schools so they are scheduling up a bit this year going with my D4 Valley View... VV has to be the favorite in this game I would imagine? Anyone have any thoughts on Fort Recovery?

Week 1:
Valley View 52
Wilmington 31

Fort Recovery 27
Lehman Catholic 21

Valley View is certainly a step up for Fort Recovery. The Indians are definitely rebuilding this year after graduating a 3 year starting QB who is now playing at Toledo.

What kind of team does Valley View have?

If fort recovery comes within 25 points that will be moral victory for the indians. Their main goal, like coldwater in week 2, is to just get out of the game healthy and move forward.

I would not take FR lightly and I wouldn't take my foot off the gas. I'd like to see a strong performance from our secondary.

Valley View is certainly a step up for Fort Recovery. The Indians are definitely rebuilding this year after graduating a 3 year starting QB who is now playing at Toledo.

What kind of team does Valley View have?

VV is built around speed who run a hybrid run and shoot option offense, with occasional gun highlighted around Colin Genslinger #21 a senior who rushed for over 1800 yards and 27Td last year. VV isn't the biggest team around but they have about 5-6 playmakers on offense who will burn you. Defense is built around Logan Hannah, Star middle linebacker #10, this kid will knock you into next week. D-line had some size but the secondary needs to get some work in

VV is built around speed who run a hybrid run and shoot option offense, with occasional gun highlighted around Colin Genslinger #21 a senior who rushed for over 1800 yards and 27Td last year. VV isn't the biggest team around but they have about 5-6 playmakers on offense who will burn you. Defense is built around Logan Hannah, Star middle linebacker #10, this kid will knock you into next week. D-line had some size but the secondary needs to get some work in

With these facts in hand I change my projection that ft rec will be lucky to stay within 30. Not sure why FR agreed to this matchup knowing they need WINs in OOC because the league play is so brutal

The secondary won't get their work in against FR. It's 3 yards and a cloud of dust for the Indians.

How bad is Genslinger's injury? It looked like he was having a monster night until he got hurt.

Just a tweak, he was moving around running on the sideline and actually got into the game on defense late to help secure the win. He will be good to go next week

I just don't see Fort pulling this one out. The Indians are too one dimentional this year. I'm still wondering how they scored 27 unanswered points last night

How big is "not very big"?

FR secondary is small, slow and young. Bad combo....
The ingredients for a a running clock are all present.

Again, ft rec just come out of it healthy. Pull some vital cogs early when it gets out of hand to save yourselves. Your gonna lose the battle, doesn't mean you have to lose the war.

It seems like people don't have faith in FR.... it's high school football anything can happen

It seems like people don't have faith in FR.... it's high school football anything can happen

Actually no. That's the nfl. HS typically goes as expected as most games you have a very good idea going in whom will win. I used to run a prediction contest for years on our league and 90 percent plus success rate wasn't uncommon.

Actually no. That's the nfl. HS typically goes as expected as most games you have a very good idea going in whom will win. I used to run a prediction contest for years on our league and 90 percent plus success rate wasn't uncommon.

There are still games where things go completely sideways than what people expect
It literally just happen to Dunbar last weekend

Will Homan is fast and I thought you said FR's o-line was better this season than last year.

Homan was fast for DVII..... slow compared to DIV speed. Besides he won't be a factor after #10 knocks him into next week.

The O-line is improved over last year but it's not up to DIV standards.

Looking at the stat sheet and highlights of the VV/Wilmington game it is clear VV has some really good athletes with speed. Most of their scores came on big plays. On the flip side they gave up nearly 500 yards and 31 points.

FR will have to keep containment on the edge and just grind out the clock offensively with their slow, methodical run game. The fewer chances VV has the closer the game stays.