Week 2: St. Ignatius (1-0) vs. Warren (MI) De La Salle

Wildcat97

Might be an interesting matchup.......De La Salle's QB is a Michigan commit......they rolled easily in Week 1.......definitely will be a change of pace from the Mooney attack, but good to change to defending a passing attack before week 3........

Ignatius should roll in this one. Man I hope they don't take the foot off
the accelerator-not really how Ignatius does things though.

From the videos, the lines look pretty thin size-wise; not a lot of bulk. Wonder if they are any bigger this year. Will they be able to protect Morris, because the heat will be on.

From the videos, the lines look pretty thin size-wise; not a lot of bulk. Wonder if they are any bigger this year. Will they be able to protect Morris, because the heat will be on.

The Warren kid (size, lefty, style) reminds me of "Sunshine" from "Remember the Titans".

Morris is the second rated drop back quarterback in the country. Hope he's not as successful as Sunshine this Saturday at 3.

Iggy rolls. No problem. De La Salle had very easy opener which they won. They have a passing game though. Should be fun to watch.

I hope for Delasalle's sake that their Oline got bigger this year. Quite a different size player to face KK and G compared to Mooney's wide loads

My only concern is Ignatius' shaky history vs. QB's that can run especially on broken plays.

It's lefty vs lefty QB's who both run no huddle. More plays and more action. It will be tough to leave your seat.

Iggy rolls. No problem. De La Salle had very easy opener which they won. They have a passing game though. Should be fun to watch.

That opener was against Ann Arbor Pioneer who is second in MI for most all time wins, and Pioneer got to the MI Division 1 quarterfinals last year. I guess it's possible that they're not that good this year, but it sounds like a pretty good program to me.

That opener was against Ann Arbor Pioneer who is second in MI for most all time wins, and Pioneer got to the MI Division 1 quarterfinals last year. I guess it's possible that they're not that good this year, but it sounds like a pretty good program to me.

Maxprep had AA Pioneer nationally ranked in the 800's. And sure, they can be off, even a lot, but off by 800? Highlights show some sloppy D in my view.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/warren-la-salle-beats-ann-051011781.html

Maxprep had AA Pioneer nationally ranked in the 800's. And sure, they can be off, even a lot, but off by 800? Highlights show some sloppy D in my view.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/warren-la-salle-beats-ann-051011781.html

First of all I don't put any stock into maxpreps rankings. Secondly, I don't think it's fair to judge a team based on 5 plays that we saw from field level. Lastly, I'm not saying AA Pioneer is a top 100 team. I'm saying that within the state boundary's of Michigan they're probably pretty good and it's not like De LaSalle beat some doormat program.

I think this game will come down to the Ignatius defensive line vs. the DLS offensive line. Obviously the 'Cats secondary will be challenged by a great QB and good WRs but if the defensive line gets consistent pressure, it should determine the outcome of this game.

I expect to see junior LB Kyle Berger doing what he does best, blitzing from the edge.

Good luck to the 'Cats, one game at a time.

First of all I don't put any stock into maxpreps rankings. Secondly, I don't think it's fair to judge a team based on 5 plays that we saw from field level. Lastly, I'm not saying AA Pioneer is a top 100 team. I'm saying that within the state boundary's of Michigan they're probably pretty good and it's not like De LaSalle beat some doormat program.

I would agree that Maxpreps is certainly no clear authority. They're wrong all the time. It's an algorithm. But while you put "no stock"; I would refine that to say it is at least an indicator of sorts, minor though it may be. Shane Morries; D1 commit; he can throw for sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUo5ANruOIA

In his videos it just looks to me that he has alot of time and the receivers are getting a lot of separation. Maybe I'm wrong and the the Iggy secondary isn't so tight. If that's true then yeah, the whole thing can blow up. My view is that he will see alot more pressure and tighter coverage.

Who really knows. That's why they play.

Last edited: