Week 2: Coldwater @ Bellefontaine

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This long talked about matchup is finally here. Coldwater is coming off of a 37-2 victory over the Kenton Wildcats and the Chieftans are coming off of a 43-13 win over the Sidney Yellowjackets.

Tavian St Clair is this highly touted D1 prospect and their running back is 'God' according to thavoice. We're going to have to be at our absolute best to be able to pull this one out. Let's go out there and see what we can do.

Coldwater 42
Bellefontaine 41

I agree with you guys last night (last week's thread), our boys really didn't look that bad. If we can somehow get that passing game to gel a little bit, I think this team can be pretty good. They'll definitely be fun to watch!

Does anybody know if this game will be streamed online?

Coldwater fans, Bellefontaine has several great places to grab a meal, check out.........Iron City Sports Bar and Grill, 600 Downtown pizza, LaPalma Mexican Restaurant, Don's Diner( best burger joint in B-town), Brewfontaine, The Syndicate (next to Brewfontaine), Big G Little g barbeque.......most of these places are downtown..........

Coldwater fans, Bellefontaine has several great places to grab a meal, check out.........Iron City Sports Bar and Grill, 600 Downtown pizza, LaPalma Mexican Restaurant, Don's Diner( best burger joint in B-town), Brewfontaine, The Syndicate (next to Brewfontaine), Big G Little g barbeque.......most of these places are downtown..........
Only if this was a Saturday afternoon game. Brunches at The Synicate are the best. Breakfast burrito and mimosa sounds really good right about now.

These two teams have not met on the gridiron for 58 years! Good luck to both teams.
Bellefontaine/Coldwater Series History
Games played: 6
First played: 1959
Last played: 1964
Coldwater leads the series (4-2).
Coldwater leads the series at Bellefontaine (2-1).
Most Bellefontaine points: 30 (Bellefontaine 30, Coldwater 0 in 1959)
Most Coldwater points: 44 (Coldwater 44, Bellefontaine 6 in 1962)
Most combined points: 50 (Coldwater 38, Bellefontaine 12 in 1960; Coldwater 44, Bellefontaine 6 in 1962)

This should be a great game. Bellefontaine might have a little too much for the Cavs in this one, but never count out the kids from Coldwater. I hear Bellefontaine has a D1 RB?
I never vote against the Cavs, not going to start now!
Coldwater 35
Bellefontaine 32

I agree with you guys last night (last week's thread), our boys really didn't look that bad. If we can somehow get that passing game to gel a little bit, I think this team can be pretty good. They'll definitely be fun to watch!

Does anybody know if this game will be streamed online?
Opposition had something to do with that it is easy to look good against bad football teams.

Coldwater 35 Bell 14. Don't understand the hype with Bell. What have they won in the last 10 years? What happened to the Wapak - Bellefontaine series? Seemed like a natural fit, both on 33 both D -3, not too far apart.

Coldwater 35 Bell 14. Don't understand the hype with Bell. What have they won in the last 10 years? What happened to the Wapak - Bellefontaine series? Seemed like a natural fit, both on 33 both D -3, not too far apart.
lol - what happened with your score prediction from yesterday? 28-20 Coldwater yesterday and today it is 35-14? Must have woke up on different side of bed...

What does the last 10 years have to do with 2022? 2022 Bellefontaine team is experienced and talented - that's not stating anything new. Whether that translates to a win Friday is to be determined.

lol - what happened with your score prediction from yesterday? 28-20 Coldwater yesterday and today it is 35-14? Must have woke up on different side of bed...

What does the last 10 years have to do with 2022? 2022 Bellefontaine team is experienced and talented - that's not stating anything new. Whether that translates to a win Friday is to be determined.
I am old forgot what I predicted. I am from Mizzou show me state. True every year is different, but Bellefontaine has never proved anything in the last ten years all of a sudden their the greatest thing since sliced bread? Beat someone of a note and win some play off games than I will take notice.

I was able to attend the Bell/Sidney game(first game I've been able to attend in person in over 15 years) Bellefontaine once settled in couldn't be stopped the 1st half. Now the 2nd half was a different story, i felt like they were to relaxed. The Chiefs will have to play all 4 quarters in order to beat Coldwater, Yes this year is the best chance we have to compete or beat them with the talent/skill players but Coldwater is full of a rich history and titles to back it up for a reason.

Bellefontaine 45
Coldwater 38

Coldwater 28 Bell. 20
There r u happy.

What happened to the Wapak - Bellefontaine series? Seemed like a natural fit, both on 33 both D -3, not too far apart.
Bellefontaine ended the series with Wapakoneta and chose their primary rivalry with Sidney for their week 1 game. Bellefontaine used to have Wapak on their schedule week 1 and Sidney week 2, but Sidney's conference realignment to the MVL a few years ago meant that the Bellefontaine-Sidney game had to be moved to week 1, thus the end of the Bellefontaine-Wapak series.

I am old forgot what I predicted. I am from Mizzou show me state. True every year is different, but Bellefontaine has never proved anything in the last ten years all of a sudden their the greatest thing since sliced bread? Beat someone of a note and win some play off games than I will take notice.
well this team is 1-0 this season

This is a nice Week 2 matchup. I'm assuming the boys from Coldwater will come up with a nice defensive scheme to slow down the Bellefontaine running game. I would expect a good game, either way.

Blassingame(sp) will show off his running ability plus strong arm to top Bell. But, he will have to run the ball many times and I dont know if CW wants to do that at this point in the season.

according to an article written by Sidney's paper, their QB who is a soph. has offers from Tennessee and Florida. Very poised and has great ball placement on his throws. The supporting cast around him looks solid overall.

I will attempt to answer your question more respectfully than you posed it...........

The "hype" is that our community feels we have a really talented football team that has been building towards something for a couple of years of playing young guys who were hardly ready. I haven't heard any Bellefontaine fan boast any bold predictions or proclomations on this site other than the usual excited about the season. I have seen a couple posters that are anti-Bellefontaine, make bold predictions to set us up for failure if we don't achieve their lofty expectations.

I think the Chiefs have the potential to be really good, but you know what they say about potential........... They return an ultra talented So. QB with big time offers. They have a Junior RB who has dominated multiple games over the past two seasons. When on, he is the real deal. The WRs are the best I've ever seen in a lifetime of following this team. The offensive line is pretty much intact from last season and looked really good in week 1 and the scrimmages.

Defensively, I still wonder about the ability to stop good offenses. The Chiefs are talented but some of the skill on the Offensive side of the ball doesn't equally translate across.

They have a coach who the kids love and recovered from Open Heart Surgery a year ago. He is now the principal and this is his last season. The team is motivated to send him out on a good note.

Will they beat Coldwater? I'm not sure. Can they? Absolutley, if they play well.

That being said, Coldwater has been through games like this countless times for many years. They are safer bet to play their best in a big game.

I'm just happy to be able to take it in Friday night.

This will be a much tighter game. Bell is solid, I can assure. Athletic and big up front.

I will attempt to answer your question more respectfully than you posed it...........

The "hype" is that our community feels we have a really talented football team that has been building towards something for a couple of years of playing young guys who were hardly ready. I haven't heard any Bellefontaine fan boast any bold predictions or proclomations on this site other than the usual excited about the season. I have seen a couple posters that are anti-Bellefontaine, make bold predictions to set us up for failure if we don't achieve their lofty expectations.

I think the Chiefs have the potential to be really good, but you know what they say about potential........... They return an ultra talented So. QB with big time offers. They have a Junior RB who has dominated multiple games over the past two seasons. When on, he is the real deal. The WRs are the best I've ever seen in a lifetime of following this team. The offensive line is pretty much intact from last season and looked really good in week 1 and the scrimmages.

Defensively, I still wonder about the ability to stop good offenses. The Chiefs are talented but some of the skill on the Offensive side of the ball doesn't equally translate across.

They have a coach who the kids love and recovered from Open Heart Surgery a year ago. He is now the principal and this is his last season. The team is motivated to send him out on a good note.

Will they beat Coldwater? I'm not sure. Can they? Absolutley, if they play well.

That being said, Coldwater has been through games like this countless times for many years. They are safer bet to play their best in a big game.

I'm just happy to be able to take it in Friday night.
don't worry, stirred can be a little rude at times.......

i did see that Bell shut down Sidney OFF, they a experienced group of players?

I give the edge to the chiefs at this point in the season. They have many returning starters back from a solid team last year.
The Cavs have all the history and tradition but it still comes down to the players playing this game.

Of the 6 skill positions on Offense, the cavs only have 1 returning starter who was a slot and he will be starting in only his 2nd game at QB. The other 5 starters were playing JV last year and mopp up in varsity games.

The Cavs are still trying to find and establish themselves offensively and it has shown through the first 2 scrimmages and 1 game. They will need to make some plays to win this game.

Go Cavs!

Last year a D7 MAC school by the name of Marion Local nearly put a running clock on a D3 playoff school by the name of Wapakoneta. Being a Springfield guy, I don't know much about either team. But I do know that history has a tendency to repeat itself. I'm sure Bellfountaine is a great team for the CBC, but the MAC has a proven history against just about everyone, including talented and bigger schools. I think based on what I've read that this game will be close and both teams could win, but there is no way Bellfountaine should have the edge. The edge is with Coldwater.

Last year a D7 MAC school by the name of Marion Local nearly put a running clock on a D3 playoff school by the name of Wapakoneta. Being a Springfield guy, I don't know much about either team. But I do know that history has a tendency to repeat itself. I'm sure Bellfountaine is a great team for the CBC, but the MAC has a proven history against just about everyone, including talented and bigger schools. I think based on what I've read that this game will be close and both teams could win, but there is no way Bellfountaine should have the edge. The edge is with Coldwater.
Have you caught any of the Cavs scrimmages or games this season? Chiefs? or are you just going off name brand?