Week 16 (Division VI State Championship): AP #3 Versailles (13-2) vs. AP #1 Kirtland (14-1)

Who wins?

• Kirtland by 17+

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • Kirtland by 8-16

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Kirtland by 1-7

Votes: 19 29.7%
  • Versailles by 1-7

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • Versailles by 8-16

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Versailles by 17+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Versailles is attempting to become the only MAC team to play Kirtland more than once and have a winning record against them. Kirtland doesn't have a winning record against any MAC team, but they are .500 when playing a MAC team more than once. I foresee Versailles joining MSML and Coldwater in the .500 club, leaving Minster with the only winning record at 1-0. I don't see Versailles scoring more than 14 and that is stretching it. The Tigers defense will need a superb performance.

Last edited:
Versailles is attempting to become the only MAC team to play Kirtland more than once and have a winning record against them. Kirtland doesn't have a winning record against any MAC team, but they are .500 when playing a MAC team more than once. I expect Versailles to join MSML and Coldwater in the .500 club, leaving Minster with the only winning record at 1-0. I don't see Versailles scoring more than 14 and that is stretching it. The Tigers defense will need a superb performance.

Can we just physically pack up the village of Kirtland and move it somewhere in Mercer, Auglaize, Shelby, Darke, or even Allen or Van Wert Counties?

They belong in the MAC!

Can we just physically pack up the village of Kirtland and move it somewhere in Mercer, Auglaize, Shelby, Darke, or even Allen or Van Wert Counties?

They belong in the MAC!
lol that’s funny! Kirtland is actually a city. They lose a lot of kids to local private schools to Hawken, Lake Catholic, NDCL etc…. But dam if they were in the MAC geez that would be crazy lol.

lol that’s funny! Kirtland is actually a city. They lose a lot of kids to local private schools to Hawken, Lake Catholic, NDCL etc…. But dam if they were in the MAC geez that would be crazy lol.
Honestly they don't lose any kids to the privates. These kids all grow up playing together. Over the years very very few kids have left to play elsewhere - that is why their situation is so unique.

Versailles is attempting to become the only MAC team to play Kirtland more than once and have a winning record against them. Kirtland doesn't have a winning record against any MAC team, but they are .500 when playing a MAC team more than once. I foresee Versailles joining MSML and Coldwater in the .500 club, leaving Minster with the only winning record at 1-0. I don't see Versailles scoring more than 14 and that is stretching it. The Tigers defense will need a superb performance.
Agree, 1st team to 20 wins and likely less than 20.

Kirtland is not the type of program to accept losses quietly.

Losing to Versailles two years ago - and to ML last season - will make the Hornets prepare harder and play harder than ever before.

That's not good news for Versailles.

However, Versailles is probably a more complete team than any Kirtland has faced this season (exception Perry).

So I'm going to predict that while V will struggle to stop K's grinding run game, K will struggle to contain V's multifaceted offense.

V 23-21 in the best game of the weekend.

Last edited:

Didn't realize Kirtland was over 6,000 population. Knew it was close to a lot of bigger cities though.

But hey, Coldwater is within shouting distance of 5,000 population and being a city, do the invite still stands!

Honestly they don't lose any kids to the privates. These kids all grow up playing together. Over the years very very few kids have left to play elsewhere - that is why their situation is so unique.
I thought the twins that play for Gilmour, who are studs, live in Kirtland? If that’s true, just think if Kirtland had those two.

I thought the twins that play for Gilmour, who are studs, live in Kirtland? If that’s true, just think if Kirtland had those two.
They also had an older brother at Gilmour too. Tiger does a good job keeping his own, but like bluestreak noted they are near a bunch of privates including US and Gilmour. There’s Kirtland players who have brothers playing football at those schools. A lot of times because of the hockey or wrestling programs at those schools. But yes, Hawken NDCL Lake Catholic US Gilmour get kids from Kirtland. Makes what Tiger does even more impressive if that’s possible.

I have Versailles in this one. I'd be shocked if anyone goes over 17 -- well, without some extremely short fields.

I do believe they find a way to bracket Osborne. For the Tigers to win they need some turnovers and someone other than Ozzy needs to step up huge.

They belong in the MAC!
Kirtland in the MAC.........would dread making that drive to Kirtland! Delphos is far enough!