Week 13: Coldwater (10-2) vs Mechanicsburg (12-0)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Probably b/c your no smarter than him?
Well I know that I'm smart enough to know the difference between your and you're. I know I'm smart enough to not hammer for 13 weeks in a row the team I claim I'm rooting for. I know I'm smart enough not to run down a group of kids that have overcome the odds and went undefeated for 12 weeks, with coaches that put in a full work week trying to keep them motivated and ready. But this is America, so you go on doing whatever it is that you feel is important, who knows maybe someday the job will come open and you can jump in there and show us all how it's supposed to be done, with your vast Monday Morning Quarterback experience I'm sure you'll do great.

Are you still mad that a public school (London) beat you friday night? You must have spent $30,000 over the last 3 years for tuition, expecting all opponents to fold for your holiness.
Didn’t happen, did it?
Go back to church and pray for a victory this basketball season.
Hartley is just glad they got out of the same division as Coldwater.

This could be a trap game for Mechanicsburg in looking ahead to the rematch with West Jefferson.

They are going against a 4th place team that only beat one team this year with a winning record. WInning percentage of the teams they beat was 27%.

Weak. Sauce.

The Indians schedule set them up for this game and will likely be the deciding factor.

IF their HC can keep them focused and not looking ahead to West Jefferson then it could be a long night for the Buzzards. Plus, the weather forecast is not looking that good and that would ground the CW passing attack.

I plan on making my official pick at a later time. I want to do a Lee Corso style pick with the mascot headgear. I wont say whom I will pick because I want the suspense to build, but I have been trying to contact the school in SW Mercer County.....

Well I know that I'm smart enough to know the difference between your and you're. I know I'm smart enough to not hammer for 13 weeks in a row the team I claim I'm rooting for. I know I'm smart enough not to run down a group of kids that have overcome the odds and went undefeated for 12 weeks, with coaches that put in a full work week trying to keep them motivated and ready. But this is America, so you go on doing whatever it is that you feel is important, who knows maybe someday the job will come open and you can jump in there and show us all how it's supposed to be done, with your vast Monday Morning Quarterback experience I'm sure you'll do great.
You are as ‘stupid ‘as your comments!!! Heaven forbid someone doesn’t agree with your opinion b/c you know everything!!?

This could be a trap game for Mechanicsburg in looking ahead to the rematch with West Jefferson.

They are going against a 4th place team that only beat one team this year with a winning record. WInning percentage of the teams they beat was 27%.

Weak. Sauce.

The Indians schedule set them up for this game and will likely be the deciding factor.

IF their HC can keep them focused and not looking ahead to West Jefferson then it could be a long night for the Buzzards. Plus, the weather forecast is not looking that good and that would ground the CW passing attack.

I cant imagine the burg looking past CW. It is not a secret the Burg/OHC cant get the MAC monkey off their back. Hard to look past a team when you know the history.

Forrest is pretty good at keeping the discipline and focus on the opponent at hand. I am more worried about the "oh boy here we go again..." if CW gets up by more than 2 scores at any time.

Have these two teams in the past played at a neutral site on turf?
Yes, Coldwater defeated Burg 35-14 in last year’s regional final.

I bring this up only because it’s already been mentioned, but Mechanicsburg is 0-11 all time against MAC teams in the playoffs. They’ve been anything but a pushover, though. They’ve given Marion Local fits several times (four games that were decided by two scores or less) and were a half yard short of beating Minster in 2014.

I bring this up only because it’s already been mentioned, but Mechanicsburg is 0-11 all time against MAC teams in the playoffs. They’ve been anything but a pushover, though. They’ve given Marion Local fits several times (four games that were decided by two scores or less) and were a half yard short of beating Minster in 2014.
Wasn’t at a neutral site last year. Coldwater hosted due to covid.

This should be a great football game!!! Too bad it is not for the official regional crown. Although I agree with other poster that this is effectively the regional title game.

I believe each team has the ability to win the game..............a couple of key factors should be coaching adjustments made during the game and ball control. BURG will also need to avoid going down early. The longer and closer the game remains the more dangerous BURG will be.

Despite the history of OHC v. MAC schools (NOT GOOD AT ALL) I do know BURG will show up and play their guts out.

4 year starter for the burg a few years back and a #1 recruit for ohio state wrestling which he currently is a senior this year I believe. One of the best athletes ever at the burg !
Thank you. I truly meant no disrespect. I watch some big 10 wrestling and with your prompt, recall the name.

[sees that this thread is 50 posts in already]

Me: hmm, that’s a lot of activity talking about how Coldwater is gonna lose by 70. Let’s take a gander anyways!

[opens thread, reads it]

Oh. We’re arguing about schedules, Hartley, and the misusage of the homophonic “you[‘]r[e]” for some reason.

Central OH schools have reached out to schedule for years. And Mechanicsburg passes... prefers easy wins. Jonathan Alder, Ready, Hartley, Watterson, Grandview, etc. Rumor is Forist (the HC) wants wins... has he ever beat anyone of equal talent? Bloom got better when he left.

Hartley has to schedule D2/D1 teams (as a D4/D3 team). Burch is willing to play anyone. That is why they win in the post season.
Hartley lost to London ?

This should be a great football game!!! Too bad it is not for the official regional crown. Although I agree with other poster that this is effectively the regional title game.

I believe each team has the ability to win the game..............a couple of key factors should be coaching adjustments made during the game and ball control. BURG will also need to avoid going down early. The longer and closer the game remains the more dangerous BURG will be.

Despite the history of OHC v. MAC schools (NOT GOOD AT ALL) I do know BURG will show up and play their guts out.
They will fight till the end for sure but I think depth will factor in a lot of guys going both ways usually the MAC has few players going both ways makes a big difference!

They will fight till the end for sure but I think depth will factor in a lot of guys going both ways usually the MAC has few players going both ways makes a big difference!
at one time i heard that Coldwater had 8 players playing BOTH ways this season, but they do have on their roster about 80 plus players...

They beat Minister -- blown call prevented the W. Never convince me otherwise.

Yeah, still mad. :)

While MAC teams do tend to have solid depth, it generally is not because so few kids go both ways. They have never been shy about playing quite a few both ways, including this year.