Week 13: Coldwater (10-2) vs Mechanicsburg (12-0)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Coldwater is coming off a 49-7 win over Deer Park and the burg is coming off of a 31-21 win over the Greeneview Rams. In my personal opinion, this is the defacto regional championship game and anything short of a well played game by Coldwater will result in a loss.

Coldwater 35
Mechanicsburg 24

Coldwater is coming off a 49-7 win over Deer Park and the burg is coming off of a 31-21 win over the Greeneview Rams. In my personal opinion, this is the defacto regional championship game and anything short of a well played game by Coldwater will result in a loss.

Coldwater 35
Mechanicsburg 24
42-21coldwater

Coldwater 35
Mechanicsburg 24
Where will the game most likely be played?

Coldwater 35
Mechanicsburg 24
I won't venture a guess on the score, but do agree these are the two best in the region.

I think this goes to Piqua. Sidney will get Marion vs Riverside.

Burg 30-28, my guess. i think both teams are even, the winner is whoever comes to play.

if Burg wants to get over the hump, this has to be the year to do so.

Greeneview gave Burg a game, but they always do when those two play, i exoected nothing less. Coldwater is super talneted but has seemed very inconsistent and vulnerable this season

The line play of Coldwater was really impressive. QB is a very accurate passer. Deer Park stood no chance. Discipline and talent was too much. Coldwater kids know their jobs and execute extremely well. They remind me of the Hertrick Versailles teams. Execution, execution, execution. Go Cavs!
Mechanicsburg better be ready for this Coldwater team.

Where will the game most likely be played?
My guess is bellefontaine. That’s where they put the Marion Local / Burg regional final a few years back. Because of Bellefontaine’s location and the way regions are split, this is one of the few matchups that makes sense. Great facility, and they should toss them a bone.

As for the game, this will come down to the o-line. Burgs pass defense has been great all year, but much of that is caused by the pressure they’ve been able to put on QBs. Mechanicsburg won’t come out intimidated. I was at this game last year, and the Indians were a few tough breaks away from it being a really good game. The boys from Mechanicsburg are as tough and disciplined as you’ll see from our area. They’ll leave it all on the field.

My pick is Coldwater, because it’s Coldwater - but I’ll be there supporting the Indians and hoping I’m wrong. Go Burg!

Last edited:
Very Doubtful the game is in Bellefontaine only 26 min from Burg and 1 hour 6 min from coldwater. Piqua would be the perfect destination for both schools both being 39 min away. I believe Burg can absolutely play with Coldwater only thing that is concerning to me is Burgs secondary vs any Mac school.

I
CW keeps it rolling

Coldwater 35
Burg 28
I agree with this score result but don’t want to pick the winner. My heart is with Mechanicsburg but Coldwater is just as good and the team to beat. If Mechanicsburg plays like they did against WJ then they can win this game. Anything short of that will result in a Coldwater win. Our secondary has played well recently but size is concerning. GV qb threw several jump balls and they were mainly won by GV receivers due to high pointing the ball. This is shaping up to be a battle for both sides.

Coldwater. Mechanicsburg is unwilling to schedule anyone good in the non league. Would rather win than test themselves. So, as usual, will lose when playing a team of equal talent.

Central OH schools have reached out to schedule for years. And Mechanicsburg passes... prefers easy wins. Jonathan Alder, Ready, Hartley, Watterson, Grandview, etc. Rumor is Forist (the HC) wants wins... has he ever beat anyone of equal talent? Bloom got better when he left.

Hartley has to schedule D2/D1 teams (as a D4/D3 team). Burch is willing to play anyone. That is why they win in the post season.

Hartley & Watterson are approximately twice the size of Mechanicsburg, as is Jonathan Alder. Mechanicsburg had approximately 30 players dressed in week 10 vs West Jefferson so depth may be a reason. Maybe Mechanicsburg does not wish to schedule private schools for various reasons. If Mechanicsburg was interested in easy wins they would have scheduled Grandview. OHC teams have only 2 open dates, week 1 & 2. Mechanicsburg has played Kenton Ridge week 1 for the last 5 or 6 seasons.

It’s not always about you - I’m sure Hartley could get a Pickerington Central or North to put them on the schedule.

Central OH schools have reached out to schedule for years. And Mechanicsburg passes... prefers easy wins. Jonathan Alder, Ready, Hartley, Watterson, Grandview, etc. Rumor is Forist (the HC) wants wins... has he ever beat anyone of equal talent? Bloom got better when he left.

Hartley has to schedule D2/D1 teams (as a D4/D3 team). Burch is willing to play anyone. That is why they win in the post season.
Burg is doing just fine. not their fault Covington was bad this year. and with how weak some of the teams they play in the OHC are, they need every win they can get for playoff seeding. no need to schedule MAC teams when they will see them again in the playoffs. worth noting Burg scrimmages teams like Anna and Minster in the summer, so they know what they have to do to prepare. there's not many central Ohio matchups that would be worth it for Burg.

Don’t get me wrong, Mechanicsburg has had some decent athletes over the years. But if you knew nothing about either team and went to a burg game, 9/10 times you would think the burg was gonna get rolled after watching warm ups. They come out with about 30 kids that are mostly undersized. The burg has never been the most talented team, the kids just come out and fight. Most kids play both ways. Why in the world would they want to play a D3/D4 school who recruits kids? ?

Well Gee Whiz Hartley, we thought about scheduling the Browns, thinking they were gonna be pretty good this year but look how that turned out. Why on Earth would 'Burg travel to play teams that were over twice their size or play cheating, recruiting schools that are able to go out and create the best teams money can buy? We played Adena for years, then West Jefferson before they came into the league and now play Kenton Ridge which is a considerably larger school, there is nothing wrong with the schedule. Can the OHC schedule compare to the MAC, well since the only schedules in the country that could possible compare to the MAC would be GCL schedules, the answer is no. The preparation for Saturday's game began years ago, not a few games ago, Forrest (not Forist) has prepared his teams for every opponent they have ever encountered, if you believe otherwise A) you are dumber or more arrogant than you appear or B) you've never bothered to ask any of the coaches within 50 miles of The 'Burg, MAC coaches included. And your question of has he ever beat anyone of equal talent proves you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about... we are out-sized in every game we play. Not sure why I wasted this much time on you.

Coldwater. Mechanicsburg is unwilling to schedule anyone good in the non league. Would rather win than test themselves. So, as usual, will lose when playing a team of equal talent.
Are you still mad that a public school (London) beat you friday night? You must have spent $30,000 over the last 3 years for tuition, expecting all opponents to fold for your holiness.
Didn’t happen, did it?
Go back to church and pray for a victory this basketball season.

Well Gee Whiz Hartley, we thought about scheduling the Browns, thinking they were gonna be pretty good this year but look how that turned out. Why on Earth would 'Burg travel to play teams that were over twice their size or play cheating, recruiting schools that are able to go out and create the best teams money can buy? We played Adena for years, then West Jefferson before they came into the league and now play Kenton Ridge which is a considerably larger school, there is nothing wrong with the schedule. Can the OHC schedule compare to the MAC, well since the only schedules in the country that could possible compare to the MAC would be GCL schedules, the answer is no. The preparation for Saturday's game began years ago, not a few games ago, Forrest (not Forist) has prepared his teams for every opponent they have ever encountered, if you believe otherwise A) you are dumber or more arrogant than you appear or B) you've never bothered to ask any of the coaches within 50 miles of The 'Burg, MAC coaches included. And your question of has he ever beat anyone of equal talent proves you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about... we are out-sized in every game we play. Not sure why I wasted this much time on you.
Probably b/c your no smarter than him?

D5-D7 in our area Mechanicsburg consistently does a better job of getting the most out of what they have...watching some of the game on their livestream a few weeks ago they whooped up on West Jeff who dwarfed them in size and had about 40 more kids on their roster. There's the answer for the last time they beat an equal and no disrespect intended I'd say clearly better individually talented opponent.

I'm more of a hoops guy, but from the few years I regularly worked on a chain gain for another OHC school Mechanicsburg was by far the best coached team that I saw up close, and it was a year where they reloaded with younger and inexperienced kids to go 8-3 after graduating the Romero class. If anyone from this league ever breaks through against the MAC in the postseason it will be them due to their coaching, discipline and toughness.