Week 12: Poland (9-2) vs Indian Creek (10-1)

33Y0

Poland won in convincing fashion last night, while it sounds like Indian Creek pulled out a close one against Hubbard. Poland seems to be the favorite going into this matchup. Any idea where the game will be played at?

Minerva is about dead center and they’ve hosted before. Others around there that could would be Carrollton, Louisville. Less central but plenty acceptable ones would be Dover, Marlington depending on who bids.

Drew Pasteur has Poland by 4 (59% confidence)

I think Poland wins by 10-14. Or many common opponents but looking at schedules and results I think Poland has the edge here.

Saw this in the Mahoning Valley thread:

Team........................Poland............Indian Creek
Record.....................9-2................10-1
Points for..................346................342
Points against..........112.................102
Playoff oppo............4-(1-3)............2-(0-2)
Common oppo
Hubbard..................W-42-7...........W-35-29
Higher division
Opponent................4.....................1
Lower.......................1....................4
Oppo. record.......56-60................55-59
All time playoff
Appearances...........17..................7
Record..................16-15..............1-6
..................(Poland 1 state title)
Maxpreps
Nat. Rank..............1103...............2306
Ohio rank...............83..................164
Travel time
To Salem..........19 mi..31 min.......54 mi..1 hr, 11 min
Drew Pasteur’s prediction. Poland wins by 4

Saw this in the Mahoning Valley thread:

Team........................Poland............Indian Creek
Record.....................9-2................10-1
Points for..................346................342
Points against..........112.................102
Playoff oppo............4-(1-3)............2-(0-2)
Common oppo
Hubbard..................W-42-7...........W-35-29
Higher division
Opponent................4.....................1
Lower.......................1....................4
Oppo. record.......56-60................55-59
All time playoff
Appearances...........17..................7
Record..................16-15..............1-6
..................(Poland 1 state title)
Maxpreps
Nat. Rank..............1103...............2306
Ohio rank...............83..................164
Travel time
To Salem..........19 mi..31 min.......54 mi..1 hr, 11 min
Drew Pasteur’s prediction. Poland wins by 4
Nice breakdown!

I am sure the Poland staff will have the team grounded, despite the fact that everyone thinks they will roll. For the IC fans, here are some details best I can remember, with the help of the game program...LOL

OL is huge. C-6'3 255 RG 6'3 360 RT 6'3 290 LG 6'2 220 or 6'4 240 (2 rotate) LT 6'5 300

Two decent tail backs #30 is the faster, and #32 more of a downhill power TB. Neither are "all state" type kids, but do more than their share of damage when given the opportunity.

#44 is primary FB and is very physical

TE is #33 or #45 both 6'2 225ish. #33 also plays D line and is probably one of the best players on the field.

#15 is sophmore QB who has been starting since week three. Doesn't get a chance (or need) to throw much but when he does, has made some very good throws. He is also very good on his feet, especially in RPO situations. I think he may have 11-12 TD and no INT's that I can remember.

#13 is best wide out, and very athletic and long.

Defense

#44 and #23 ILB's and both very physical. OLB's are #32 and #52. Also very strong and physical. The D Line is a rotation of several guys, but #33 sticks out IMO as the leader.

Secondary is solid, and has given up VERY few big plays this year.

Kicking Game is solid with #18 very consistently making extra points, and has a range about 35-40 yds for fg's.

Pretty solid breakdown! OLine was considered a major weakness coming into this season but they've definitely held their ground.

33 and 44 are basically additional guards with their size and physicality (44 is an elite lead blocker)

The QB is the brother of an All-Ohio LB from Mooney who is now at Michigan State, so athleticism runs in the family. Still not sure why he is at Poland? Nonetheless, he's done a great job, but if asked to throw it could be worrisome as he likes to scramble.

Defensively, Poland's front 7/8 are extremely physical and tough to beat. Cool side note- 52 scored a 34 on his ACT and got accepted into Harvard. He's also a great player.

Poland's secondary hasn't really been tested but have done what is asked.

No studs on this team, just some physical, smart kids that are very well coached

Pretty solid breakdown! OLine was considered a major weakness coming into this season but they've definitely held their ground.

33 and 44 are basically additional guards with their size and physicality (44 is an elite lead blocker)

The QB is the brother of an All-Ohio LB from Mooney who is now at Michigan State, so athleticism runs in the family. Still not sure why he is at Poland? Nonetheless, he's done a great job, but if asked to throw it could be worrisome as he likes to scramble.

Defensively, Poland's front 7/8 are extremely physical and tough to beat. Cool side note- 52 scored a 34 on his ACT and got accepted into Harvard. He's also a great player.

Poland's secondary hasn't really been tested but have done what is asked.

No studs on this team, just some physical, smart kids that are very well coached

Didn’t know that about 52! I knew he was a great student but had no idea about Harvard.