Week 12: #4 West Liberty-Salem (10-1) vs #1 Taft (10-1)

Who wins?

• Taft by 1-10

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • Taft by 11-20

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Taft by 21+

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • WLS by 1-10

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • WLS by 11-20

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • WLS by 21+

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters
I know 0 about Taft....most cincy area teams struggle in playoffs facing physical teams despite having athletes everywhere.... tiiiigggggersss bounce back and put a running clock on Taft. 48-14

LOL. I don't see a running clock happening. But I wouldn't mind it.

I'm thinking this will be something like 28-21.

It's strange how the small division schools from Cincinnati seem to have problems when they get out of the region. I'd like to see Taft win but I have to give the edge to West Liberty based on history. I think Wyoming is the only Cincinnati area teams that seems to hold up well in games that go deeper into the tourney. Otherwise it's just an occasional upset. Can Taft pull the upset, it sure would be nice for Greater Cincinnati area. Go Senators!

It's strange how the small division schools from Cincinnati seem to have problems when they get out of the region. I'd like to see Taft win but I have to give the edge to West Liberty based on history. I think Wyoming is the only Cincinnati area teams that seems to hold up well in games that go deeper into the tourney. Otherwise it's just an occasional upset. Can Taft pull the upset, it sure would be nice for Greater Cincinnati area. Go Senators!

I think this year’s Taft team is an exception to that historical trend. But I agree, that does seem to be the trend. This is a good Senator team.

r t c

I know 0 about Taft....most cincy area teams struggle in playoffs facing physical teams despite having athletes everywhere.... tiiiigggggersss bounce back and put a running clock on Taft. 48-14

most Cincy small school teams struggle against MAC teams(exception Massie at times) but the other conferences are similar in competition. MAC football is no joke but can be beat but very tough. I've (played/coached/scouted) a lot

seen it done at my alma mater

r t c

most Cincy small school teams struggle against MAC teams(exception Massie at times) but the other conferences are similar in competition. MAC football is no joke but can be beat but very tough. I've (played/coached/scouted) a lot

seen it done at my alma mater

The OHC has the same issue with the MAC. Our exit almost every year (something like 0-32 all time against them). No doubt those boys know how to play the game!

What position?
Could be referring to either their QB or one of the WRs.... The qb is extremely talented. 6’3 200lbs athletic and accurate. Passed for 1,900 yards 23 tds in 9 games. Their best WR had over 800 yards Is a solid 6’2 and plays the ball well in the air.

i think Taft is different than all the other city schools at the moment. the coach has a very good culture going there. i wouldn’t go as far to say Taft is hard nosed, but they aren’t soft. and i don’t see them taking cheap shots very much, getting in fights, or head butting refs (hey Dunbar!) but with that being said, most small Cincy schools have struggled with the teams north of them. i’ll take WLS 35-26 (Taft doesn’t kick very well i don’t believe)

R20 continues to be interesting heading into Week 12. Taft is the one team that really didn't have a feel for because we hear so little about them on the forum. To be honest, I still don't know a great deal about them. I would feel more confident in picking West Liberty-Salem if I did. Originally I expected the usual suspects to compete for this region in WL-S, WJ, and Shawnee. So I guess I'll stay with that. Make me look smart Tigers!

West Liberty Salem 28
Taft 21

Color, I think you have a competing thread.
First time ever a game has two separate threads on it?

To me, this game comes down to which WLS team shows up. Last weeks team, close loss. Burg/WJ team, WLS by 14.
But I know nothing about Taft other than they surely have some great athletes and have won 10 games this year.
But looking at their schedule on Joe Eitel, they really haven't played anyone good since September. Whereas WL has played a brutal schedule down the stretch. May be in WL favor early.

Color, I think you have a competing thread.
First time ever a game has two separate threads on it?

To me, this game comes down to which WLS team shows up. Last weeks team, close loss. Burg/WJ team, WLS by 14.
But I know nothing about Taft other than they surely have some great athletes and have won 10 games this year.
But looking at their schedule on Joe Eitel, they really haven't played anyone good since September. Whereas WL has played a brutal schedule down the stretch. May be in WL favor early.

At least for a WLS game! Haha.

R20 continues to be interesting heading into Week 12. Taft is the one team that really didn't have a feel for because we hear so little about them on the forum. To be honest, I still don't know a great deal about them. I would feel more confident in picking West Liberty-Salem if I did. Originally I expected the usual suspects to compete for this region in WL-S, WJ, and Shawnee. So I guess I'll stay with that. Make me look smart Tigers!

West Liberty Salem 28
Taft 21
I said something similar, I know 0 about Taft. I hear they have some good athletes and have had a really good yr . I will say if Wls fronts play the way they did against west jeff and the burg it will be along nite for Taft !!!! I believe they will and I said running clock and will stick with it .

IM going with WLS 24-21. I think WLS D will slow Tafts offense. From looking at Eitel, I think WLS has played a much tougher schedule down the stretch than Taft.
Id like to go to this game, but WJ/Shawnee is too much to pass up.
Good luck to the tigers tomorrow.

Man, I don't see any way this is a running clock. I don't even think WLS is the favorite, although I think if they execute and play disciplined they can win.

...but I was wrong once.

IM going with WLS 24-21. I think WLS D will slow Tafts offense. From looking at Eitel, I think WLS has played a much tougher schedule down the stretch than Taft.
Id like to go to this game, but WJ/Shawnee is too much to pass up.
Good luck to the tigers tomorrow.

WLS' defense is the most underrated part of the team. Aside from the West Jefferson game, no one really moved the ball on them all season.

Man, I don't see any way this is a running clock. I don't even think WLS is the favorite, although I think if they execute and play disciplined they can win.

...but I was wrong once.
????????, like I said I know absolutely nothin about Taft !!!! So I will say Taft wins by 10 ...since they are the favorites...lol

Game-day! Go Tigers!

Can’t wait a little over 5hours to go I will be honest there QB makes me really nervous a very good athlete if WLS has a Achilles Heal is they will let big plays happen and he is a big play waiting to happen. GO TIGERS