We have been Cleared for Launch( I believe)

How shocked are you that we are probably playing

• Expected it

Votes: 30 25.4%
  • Not suprised but unsure

Votes: 23 19.5%
  • Didn't expect it but pleasantly surprised

Votes: 55 46.6%
  • split about the descision

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • unhappy about the decision

Votes: 4 3.4%

• Total voters
Heard Michigan moved to Spring and Pennsylvania having some big blow up with the governor, any details?

Doubt a lot of schools could afford it
Don‘t forget if schools pay for football they also have to pay for all the other fall sports. I know at Howland you’d be looking at 70 players for boys and girls soccer roughly. Thats 2x a week for soccer. That’s $14k a week For soccer. Around $6k for Football per week.

Don‘t forget if schools pay for football they also have to pay for all the other fall sports. I know at Howland you’d be looking at 70 players for boys and girls soccer roughly. Thats 2x a week for soccer. That’s $14k a week For soccer. Around $6k for Football per week.
Exactly. This is not Power 5 NCAA, or the NFL, or any other major sports leagues. Just high school. Can't do it

Heard Michigan moved to Spring and Pennsylvania having some big blow up with the governor, any details?
PA has been on track to start same week as Ohio and then, the governor made a last second comment at the end of a press conference that he wouldn't have sports until after the first of the year.

But it's not the state's official position. But when the governor says that, it's hard to justify disagreeing with him. So piaa delayed by two weeks to try and get him to rescind his comment or actually make it the rule so the piaa could work off that. Nope.

So right now piaa is still trying to get Wolf's unofficial recommendation to be dropped so they don't have to argue why they're playing.

But right now PA is expected to have a shortened season and the playoffs will probably be a week or two shorter with far fewer teams getting in. Expecting finals to be the week of Thanksgiving which is two weeks early for PA than their usual title weekend.

I just read a story about a 7yr old in Georgia that contracted the virus and died with no underlying health issues. I hope if we play its the right decision.

Do the math and ask yourself why it would be OK to carry on when the flu is statistically 100 times more deadly than covid 19 for kids that age?

My understanding is a limit on players and others, other than coaches on the sidelines. So if you have a squad of over than 65-75, those JV players won’t be allowed to dress on game nights. I’m also hearing somewhere around 20% of your stadiums capacity, with parents of players, cheerleaders and band parents getting first dibs on tickets. Any left over to possibly season ticket holders.
Have no idea why cheerleaders and bands would even be necessary.

I just read a story about a 7yr old in Georgia that contracted the virus and died with no underlying health issues. I hope if we play its the right decision.
That child was an extremely rare situation if they died. However, there was an underlying condition with their immune system if nothing else. Truly healthy 7 year olds don't randomly succumb to covid.

That child was an extremely rare situation if they died. However, there was an underlying condition with their immune system if nothing else. Truly healthy 7 year olds don't randomly succumb to covid.
...and many die each year due to the flu.

Tragic, but life is life.............

The facts are in that nearly 50% of younger and all ages will suffer permanent heart damage due from this virus and athletes are just as vulnerable. As much as I want football and life back to normal, there's just to many stupid people that will never get on board with the health mandates. Saw a gym packed with some kind of volleyball scrimmage and the gymnasium packed and no one wearing a mask. Several elderly people in attendance. I'm wondering if they will die because they attended a stupid volleyball scrimmage.

Because cheerleading and band are also extracurricular activities. Some have also made up to 3 year commitments to practice and attend Friday night football games.
In Utah this weekend there's been no band. Just cheerleaders and dance teams.

The facts are in that nearly 50% of younger and all ages will suffer permanent heart damage due from this virus and athletes are just as vulnerable. As much as I want football and life back to normal, there's just to many stupid people that will never get on board with the health mandates. Saw a gym packed with some kind of volleyball scrimmage and the gymnasium packed and no one wearing a mask. Several elderly people in attendance. I'm wondering if they will die because they attended a stupid volleyball scrimmage.

Your "facts" are a lot different then the facts cited by an actual well-known cardiologist that Dewine had speak at his press conference a day or two ago.

Believe what you want and make your decision for YOURSELF and we will do the same. I won't/can't/don't want to force you to come out of your home or to play football or to go to school. Why can't you do the same for everyone else?
As for the elderly, many want to take calculated risks because they know they are old and they want to live their lives to the fullest in their last years. They don't want you to lock them up. It's their decision! They have earned the right to decide about their own health. Their bodies, their choice.
I have a hard time understanding why freedom upsets some people so much.

And they will die, because their stupid Fox news viewers. I guess 50% of children with covid is acceptable with permanent heart damage is ok in your fox news bubble. The complete stupid yappie Trump cult members are laughable with their ignorance. Flush the turd november third!

After seeing that Rutgers had 30 kids catch it, it’s probably best to shut this show down. This could really do a number in small communities if locker rooms have serious spread

After seeing that Rutgers had 30 kids catch it, it’s probably best to shut this show down. This could really do a number in small communities if locker rooms have serious spread
I was at two games in Utah this week.... I don't see how this will work. The players never not huddled. The cheerleaders weren't spread out. Fans REALLY didn't spread out despite ticket policy dictating which section you should sit in. The students especially were bad at this.

And after the game despite school officials demanding kids leave and disperse from the sideline fence they weren't. And even pleas of "the state can shut up down if we don't comply with these rules", etc.

If that's how it winds up in Ohio.... Unless the state turns a blind eye to it or the schools REALLY enforce it, I don't see the season going the distance. And it was mostly the students. If Ohio had games without students I think things would go much smoother and more compliant with distancing rules

I was at two games in Utah this week.... I don't see how this will work. The players never not huddled. The cheerleaders weren't spread out. Fans REALLY didn't spread out despite ticket policy dictating which section you should sit in. The students especially were bad at this.

And after the game despite school officials demanding kids leave and disperse from the sideline fence they weren't. And even pleas of "the state can shut up down if we don't comply with these rules", etc.

If that's how it winds up in Ohio.... Unless the state turns a blind eye to it or the schools REALLY enforce it, I don't see the season going the distance. And it was mostly the students. If Ohio had games without students I think things would go much smoother and more compliant with distancing rules

Yeah I saw this at a sprint car race earlier this summer. Place was packed to the gills with little mask wearing at all. If the state sees this, it’s gonna get shut down.

Yeah I saw this at a sprint car race earlier this summer. Place was packed to the gills with little mask wearing at all. If the state sees this, it’s gonna get shut down.
Mask usage was quite thorough. I'd say only 1-5% weren't wearing masks besides when eating or drinking. And the concession stand ran out of food of my second game so even with the small crowd their was a good number of fans eating which meant mask off for a while. But generally masks were the one thing virtually everyone complied with. I was genuinely impressed.

But a student section shoulder to shoulder and several rows deep?.... Nah.

Well football players are necessary in order to have a football game, bands and cheerleaders aren’t. In a normal setting I fully understand that bands, cheerleaders and crowds are all part of the show, but this isn't a normal year. Unnecessary participants are just one more chance for someone to get infected and shut the whole thing down. Bands can play band shows and cheerleaders can cheer at competitions and basketball games this winter. So yes, screw them, they’re not necessary. This is about playing football, not Karen's little cheerleader or flute boy.

Well football players are necessary in order to have a football game, bands and cheerleaders aren’t. In a normal setting I fully understand that bands, cheerleaders and crowds are all part of the show, but this isn't a normal year. Unnecessary participants are just one more chance for someone to get infected and shut the whole thing down. Bands can play band shows and cheerleaders can cheer at competitions and basketball games this winter. So yes, screw them, they’re not necessary. This is about playing football, not Karen's little cheerleader or flute boy.
Needed?
Absolutely not.

But no reason to not include, there is A L O T of space out there in the football fields..... including them should not preclude anyone else from going.

I thought it was about kids needing extracurriculars? Now you’re saying only certain ones good at football should screw off? Oof

Football. Bands and cheerleaders can have their thing without jeopardizing football. Let em have a band show with dancing girls on saturday night for their parents.

Needed?
Absolutely not.

But no reason to not include, there is A L O T of space out there in the football fields..... including them should not preclude anyone else from going.
No need to include them, they just bring added risk. First time some flute player tests positive and the football team is done for the year.