Waynesville XC and Track Coach retires

5x26

The #2 Boys State team with 4 returning runners, and the #5 Girls State team that only loses 1 Senior and had 4 Freshman in the top 7 including the #1 runner is going to be leaderless.

He's going to finish the track season as the Sprint coach before he retires and moves out of State. Wish him the best and a nice way for him to go out with both boys and Girls at State and doing well.

psycho_dad

Pretty sure they will hire another coach, so they won't be leaderless. And, I feel bad saying this, I had not really heard of them until 2019. Good opportunity to get a good young coach in there and start building on the success of the past 2 years. They did have a nice season.

5x26

Pretty sure they will hire another coach, so they won't be leaderless. And, I feel bad saying this, I had not really heard of them until 2019. Good opportunity to get a good young coach in there and start building on the success of the past 2 years. They did have a nice season.
No doubt they will hire someone, probably outside the district like he was. The strength is in their youth, last year and this year their Boys and Girls teams did well at the MS State meet and like I said 4 of their freshman that won MS State last year were on the State HS team this year including their fastest girl.

Growing small community and high rated school, tops in Warren Co. is helping them gain athletes.

SLS

They don't seem to be in immediate peril of growing into Division I, with 203 for boys and 164 for girls.

Rohbino

Waynesville's success, no doubt, is partially due to the probiotics from all of the sauerkraut that they consume.