Waverly (8-0) @ Clinton Massie (8-0)

The Massie folks I encountered at the game were quite pleasant and welcoming, before and after the game.

Massie is as advertised with the best OL I have seen. Good size, athleticism, and discipline. Backs were tough and quick. Knowing Waverly's defensive struggles against the run in the past, I don't think we could have done much better than we did. Last year we would not have made any stops. How did Waverly's defense stack up to the other teams Massie played this year? How many teams made them punt twice in a game and get a 4th down stop? I watched a little video and only remember 1 4th down which was a fake punt.

While Waverly may have had more offensive yards than CM, it was CM's defense getting the 4th down stops that made the difference to me.

Good luck the rest of the way. I hope Waverly lost to the eventual state champions.

Defin
Not only is the line killing it so is the fullback Trampler. He had quite a few blocks that opened some serious holes. This kid doesn’t get enough credit and is a TEAM player not a me player. He has the drive and the will and is under appreciated as far as I am concerned. Plays both ways at the 2 toughest positions on the field. Way to go kid. Keep it up.
Definitely , that kid is a gamer!! I'm almost positive you could play him play any position on the front 7 and he is at minimum all league.

Wow, what a game! TWO very good well coached teams. Big plays at big moments...just as you would expect. Too bad Waverly wasnt in Region 15 or we possibly could have gotten this game a few rounds later.