Walnut Hills Coach Fired

tiger56dad

Joe Danneman of Fox19 is reporting that George Kontsis has been relieved of duties. Reactions? Candidates?

No idea

reasons given for dismissal?

I can't find another news source confirming this story. No reason given by Fox 19. I don't think it's a stretch to speculate that WH lack of success on the field in recent years contributed. Recent records in ECC:

2015 0-7 in ECC, 2-8 overall
2014 0-7 ECC, 0-10 overall
2013 2-4 ECC, 4-6 overall
2012 2-4 ECC, 5-5 overall

I can't find another news source confirming this story. No reason given by Fox 19. I don't think it's a stretch to speculate that WH lack of success on the field in recent years contributed. Recent records in ECC:

Great guy hate to see this.:dang:

Excellent opportunity for unproven young coach.:shrug:

Yea. But any quality, established coaches or former coaches will stay away. I'm not sure if I would want to risk the stain on my coaching resume at Walnut, Purcell or Middletown. The Purcell and Middletown practice facilities are a joke. Purcell use to practice at Eden Park. Thank goodness they dont anymore because white folks have turned Eden Park into Heroin Park. The possibility of the Elder job opening up is much more appealing IMO.

Yea. But any quality, established coaches or former coaches will stay away. I'm not sure if I would want to risk the stain on my coaching resume at Walnut, Purcell or Middletown. The Purcell and Middletown practice facilities are a joke. Purcell use to practice at Eden Park. Thank goodness they dont anymore because white folks have turned Eden Park into Heroin Park. The possibility of the Elder job opening up is much more appealing IMO.

Now, hold on there Mister.......You mean to tell me that soccer mom looking lady in the mini van up at the Overlook, who bummed five bucks from me for gas to get back to Glendale was lying.......Damn!!!!

Now, hold on there Mister.......You mean to tell me that soccer mom looking lady in the mini van up at the Overlook, who bummed five bucks from me for gas to get back to Glendale was lying.......Damn!!!!

:laugh: The van with the Kentucky plates. With the emergence of LaSalle (which will come crashing back to earth after next week) Purcell and Roger Bacon are suffering big time.

Why no experienced coaches

Why no experienced coaches would be interested in WH? They've had some decent teams from time to time....and I've only been in the school and on the field, not in the weightroom but the facilities seem good enough at one of the best high schools in the state...

And your experiences with the addiction problem is very interesting to me although probably for another forum...

Why no experienced coaches would be interested in WH? They've had some decent teams from time to time....and I've only been in the school and on the field, not in the weightroom but the facilities seem good enough at one of the best high schools in the state...

And your experiences with the addiction problem is very interesting to me although probably for another forum...

It is difficult to coach athletics in the current Cincinnati Public School structure because it seems like the each schools administration, particularly the principals, have power and rule over sports teams. Some of them don't support athletics like they should.

Ton of movement

1. Elder
2. Fairfield
3. Middletown
4. Walnut
5. Purcell

A lot of movement:eek:

Well Walnut definitely has the facilities. The weight room is top notch. The field and stadium is a perfect setting -almost College like:crush:

The key would be getting the right athlete/scholar into Walnut-test to get in:)

Konstis should've been GONE after LAST YEAR. For the past couple of seasons, there have been some VERY good players that should have made Walnut's program waaaayyyy more competitive. However, terrible coaching, play calling, cronyism and all kinds of other inconsistencies from the FB staff led to their losing seasons. The facilities are top-notch, the community support and funding is on point, and virtually no academic eligibility issues….and you have players who are willing to work hard. It was his job to lose and he screwed it up.

Well Walnut definitely has the facilities. The weight room is top notch. The field and stadium is a perfect setting -almost College like:crush:

The key would be getting the right athlete/scholar into Walnut-test to get in:)

They have them and especially this season, the Senior class was one of the strongest the Eagles had in awhile. This was his job to lose.

It is difficult to coach athletics in the current Cincinnati Public School structure because it seems like the each schools administration, particularly the principals, have power and rule over sports teams. Some of them don't support athletics like they should.

First off, which CPS school doesn't support athletics? Walnut Hills has a very strong support base from the school community and beyond. :shrug:

I'm sure there are some people out there that would love to coach at WH. The facilities are amazing. It would just take that special kind of person to come in and get them on track. George had them going early on, and then the wheels fell off.