Walmart boosts starting pay to $11 an hour, offers bonuses

Ted you own your own business don't you? How do you view employee personal drug use? Is it one of those "as long as you get the job done, I don't care and don't want to know about it" type scenarios?

Exactly. As long as they don't show up messed up I don't really care. The guys that are strung out don't apply for jobs anyway.

Exactly. As long as they don't show up messed up I don't really care. The guys that are strung out don't apply for jobs anyway.

Not to be told to dig faster or take rocks 2 at a time by a task-master like you. They usually want an easy 2nd shift job with few bosses around, I'd guess.

Not to be told to dig faster or take rocks 2 at a time by a task-master like you. They usually want an easy 2nd shift job with few bosses around, I'd guess.

Plenty of pot smokers and drinkers in the construction trade. Most are solid dudes who enjoy their time off. The drinkers are way worse than the pot smokers though. If I had to pick between the two I would pick the employee use pot.

Plenty of pot smokers and drinkers in the construction trade. Most are solid dudes who enjoy their time off. The drinkers are way worse than the pot smokers though. If I had to pick between the two I would pick the employee use pot.

Those are mostly guys not afraid to really work.

Do you know many pot-smokers that don't also drink ? I don't.

Between heavy users, though, hard core drinkers must have more down time at a physically demanding job.

We were mostly talking about people willing to take an entry-level job at Walmart, though. Most people willing to endure a construction worker's day wouldn't have to take the Walmart job.

I know a few guys that prefer pot. Guys that want a buzz and not struggle the next day at work usually smoke pot.

IIRC, it was the combination that had the best effect. Can't be that much different now, even if there is a lot more high quality pot around.