Versailles vs Roger Bacon

Stirred not Shaken

Not sure how this game will go ? Know very little about Bacon ( other than I like to eat it ), will take a guess and go with Bacon grease over Tigerball 35 - 20.

I watched Roger Bacon vs Greenon on Twitch. Bacon is pretty dynamic. Qb is accurate, back up rb is fast, tall receivers, solid line on offense and defense. Linebacker play is good too. The Tigers have their work cut out for them.

As great as the Mac is, and it’s a fantastic conference, Versailles has not seen a player like Kiner. Is he playing? I also heard he may he hurt

Kiner certainly has a tweaked ankle and will not be 100%. His play will be based on need and personally, I think there will be need. Should be a great game!

best chance at beating Roger Bacon is taking advantage of any and all mistakes they make (personal fouls, fumbles, etc). Versailles won’t be more talented in the skill positions but up front should be a good battle. the scary thing is that even if Kiner is not on the field, they still have 3 more playmakers out there everytime. They’re a well coached bunch that plays physical and they’re athletic most everywhere. The QB is not one to take chances and he barely keeps it, but he has a very consistent arm and he was always finding the open man down field. Believe that before the Greenon game, he went 2 straight games without an incompletion.

Versailles fans- enjoy your trip to Cincinnati. “The Bron” is a beautiful stadium but i would recommend getting there 50-60 minutes early if you want to park at the stadium.

Versailles fans- enjoy your trip to Cincinnati. “The Bron” is a beautiful stadium but i would recommend getting there 50-60 minutes early if you want to park at the stadium.
[/QUOTE]

Great point about parking at the stadium ghsknightsfan, and you're spot on. BTW - Greenon is a great team with a lot of talent and heart!

There is a free municipal lot just across Mitchell from the stadium, on the NE corner of E Mitchell and Leonard Ave's, that usually has spots open until about 20 minutes before game time. If you get here early, it's also a good spot to tailgate, if one so wishes... ;)

Other good pregame options are:

Taft's Brewporium on Spring Grove. http://taftsbeer.com/location/tafts-brewpourium-cincinnati/
If you Google it for directions, make sure you select the Spring Grove location from Taft's website. They have some nice beers and great food, especially the wood fired pizzas. Great wide-open seating arrangement with a lot of space, outside included and very covid conscientious. TV's are very limited so if you want to watch college FB, probably not the place. Not an issue for Bucks fans since their game isn't until 7:30pm

Wiedemann's Brewing - https://wiedemannsfinebeer.com/ Nice place in an old funeral home in St Bernard. Good beer and good food. Many TV's throughout. It's also where RB fans typically watch the live stream of the game via twitch -
Quick note, if streaming, Versailles fans will want to ensure the volume is turned OFF. Trust me... The RB fans usually get there about 30 minutes before game time. Also, plenty of space and a lot of separate rooms, so distancing is easy.

Cincinnati favorite LaRosa's Pizzeria, St Bernard - https://www.larosas.com/locations/st-bernard Fun fact - founder Buddy LaRosa is a Roger Bacon grad, c/o 1948, and played FB for the Spartans.

Cincinnati staple but repulsive to some, Skyline Chili, St Bernard - https://locations.skylinechili.com/...ce=1_OTMxNjAyMi03MTUtbG9jYXRpb24ud2Vic2l0ZQ==

Safe travels to all and looking forward to a great game!

My observations from both sides as I have watched both teams: Versailles offense is solid. They are pretty balanced and their QB is a good player. Defensively they are stout up front which could cause problems for RB. Versailles will need to establish the run to beat RB, but I would expect them to take shots downfield. They better be prepared as RB showed last week that they are more than just Kiner. Who knows, maybe he is not as hurt as people thinks he is. Do we know for sure that it is his ankle?

RB's defense is very sound and flies to the football. Offensively, they have many weapons and are very efficient with the passing game. If I am RB, I establish the run early with or without Kiner and then open it up some. I think Versailles will put up some points and it will be close, but I will take the Spartans in this one. I do think the winner of this one will win the region.

I will also take LaSalle and my St. X Bombers for the win as well.

Roger Bacon- 42 Versailles- 20

I think they will just use Kiner when they need too. that's what they did against Greenon. Roger Bacons defense flew to the ball like Greenon always does and it was fun to watch from a defensive side of things. Roger bacon is the most talented team in the region by a fair margin but you can make it a game by playing hard the whole time.

LaRosa's Pizzeria and Skyline are two of my favorites. If I go, I'll hit one going and one leaving! :eek: (y)?:cool:

me, my son, and his wife decided to try Tafts Brewporium before the game. food was delicious! would recommend to anyone as a pre-game meal.

Roger Bacon- 42 Versailles- 20

I think they will just use Kiner when they need too. that's what they did against Greenon. Roger Bacons defense flew to the ball like Greenon always does and it was fun to watch from a defensive side of things. Roger bacon is the most talented team in the region by a fair margin but you can make it a game by playing hard the whole time.
If Versailles has a passing attack, I look for them to score more than 20. Playing any MAC team, you better bring your A game.

If Versailles has a passing attack, I look for them to score more than 20. Playing any MAC team, you better bring your A game.
Greenon only had success passing the ball as well as broken plays where the QB was able to pick up serious yardage running the ball. The thing is, Roger Bacon ran to the ball and tackled well so you can't count on YAC (which is something Greenon relied on all season). I totally agree- must bring your A game against any MAC opponent.

Greenon only had success passing the ball as well as broken plays where the QB was able to pick up serious yardage running the ball. The thing is, Roger Bacon ran to the ball and tackled well so you can't count on YAC (which is something Greenon relied on all season). I totally agree- must bring your A game against any MAC opponent.
Yup, and I think if RB doesn't bring it, they could be in a dog fight.

RB can defend the pass from what I have seen. Greenon scored on two deep balls that were perfectly thrown. It will be an interesting match-up between Versailles size up front and RB's quickness.

This has been the game I pinpointed when the playoffs were released to be produce the R20 champion. Although I think Versailles is much improved this season, and is capable of winning this game, they should be the underdogs. I think Roger Bacon should win something like 28-14 or 28-21, but a lot of that does have to do with Kiner and his health. I'm intrigued to see what the Tigers come up with to slow down the explosive RB offense.

RB should win going away. May not end up being running clock but it will be close. Their big loss to NB is pretty telling. They played MSML close, an OT game, but that was when the Flyers were trying to find their identity.
Dont recall RB playing the MAC in much of anything other than CW facing them in the baseball tournament in 2019.

Bacon Big.

RB should win going away. May not end up being running clock but it will be close. Their big loss to NB is pretty telling. They played MSML close, an OT game, but that was when the Flyers were trying to find their identity.
Dont recall RB playing the MAC in much of anything other than CW facing them in the baseball tournament in 2019.

Bacon Big.
Yeah, that NB loss is very telling. But they are MAC.

Bacon will need Kiner in this game. If he is healthy Bacon will win. Versailles fans bring seat cushions as the “seats” are concrete, literally
Yes if I remember correctly I think that is the stadium in Cinci where our band [ Marion Local ] played in contest when wife and I were
band booster officers..... Beautiful stadium with concrete seats poured right into the slope of the ground as field kinda sits down in a
hole with beautiful scenery.....

Yes if I remember correctly I think that is the stadium in Cinci where our band [ Marion Local ] played in contest when wife and I were
band booster officers..... Beautiful stadium with concrete seats poured right into the slope of the ground as field kinda sits down in a
Just like Versailles back in the day.

It is an awesome venue for a HS game, just bring sear cushions ?

What can Versailles fans tell us about this squad? From my understanding, I know that they have been perennial playoff contenders
The program has been up and down since the retirement of the legendary Hetrich. They had an identity, Tigerball, that was a smash mouth running game that just when you sucked you in could hit you up top for a big pass.

They have dabbled in different things since then with varying success with some playoff appearances.
When they played MSML to OT this year many thought they "were back" but a drubbing at the hands of New Bremen cemented their place as a middle of the pack program.

Holding their own against Roger Bacon could be a confidence builder moving forward as there is some talent coming through the system. Does any Tiger fans know if they have a game lined up for next week?

I am all for continuing games, but man it would be tough to get motivated for a mean nothing game after winning a few playoff games.

I think Bacon rolls like they did last week. Similar score as it was vs Versailles. Roger Baco being in DV is bs... I don't see anyone touching them until Ironton or Kirtland in the state semis or finals. They don't play anyone or test themselves at all. Bacon has pilfered a lot in Cincinnati. Within the last five years, their girls basketball, boys soccer, baseball, and now football have been getting public school kids in like crazy and making deep regional or state runs. They even took a girl from Bellbrook on their basketball team. Seems to me Roger Bacon should be just fine playing the GCL Coed instead of dipping into the MVC...