Versailles at Fort Recovery

fortfan

I don't know a lot about Versailles.

The quarterback change at Fort Recovery provided a spark last week, I kind of assume Schmitz will start this week.

What are V-towns weapons offensively?

Fun Fact:
Fort Recovery has never beaten Versailles at home (Barrenbrugge Park) in the Varsity level.

The only times the Indians bested the Tigers was twice at H.B. Hole.

Versailles rarely pulls an upset, nor do they lose to teams they shouldn't. But never sleep on them. This year, I see FR as the better team, and they should win. But you never know what Versailles team will show up...the one that got steamrolled by Anna, or the one that hung with ML.

I don't know a lot about Versailles.

The quarterback change at Fort Recovery provided a spark last week, I kind of assume Schmitz will start this week.

What are V-towns weapons offensively?
Versailles will come out swinging. They always do. The Tribe will need to match and exceed the intensity level. Take care of the football and run, run, run! No need to get fancy. Do what they do well. This may be the best O-line FR has ever had. Use it!

Versailles will come out swinging. They always do. The Tribe will need to match and exceed the intensity level. Take care of the football and run, run, run! No need to get fancy. Do what they do well. This may be the best O-line FR has ever had. Use it!

last years O-LINE was very good....

last years O-LINE was very good....

This year is better. FR is averaging 7 yards a game more this year than last year. The Tribe has been totally 1 dimensional this year while playing better competition (In OOC games). Every team has tried to stop the run game of FR and yet they are 2nd in the league in rushing yards and a 6 yard/rush average. If that isn't a sign this O line is better than last year then what is?

This year is better. FR is averaging 7 yards a game more this year than last year. The Tribe has been totally 1 dimensional this year while playing better competition (In OOC games). Every team has tried to stop the run game of FR and yet they are 2nd in the league in rushing yards and a 6 yard/rush average. If that isn't a sign this O line is better than last year then what is?

stats against Minster the last 3 games

1st game last year--- 41 attempts 190 yards rushing
Homan--26 carries--129 yards

2nd game last year--35 attempts 224 yards rushing
Homan--24 carries --168 yards rushing

last weeks game--- 38 attempts --196 yards rushing
Homan 26 carries--- 154 yards

i have been impressed with the boys up front the last couple of years

looks like you have some BIG slobs :)p) coming up in that Freshman class...

good luck the rest of the year.......I put the Homan boy as good as a football player as WEber boy was for the JAYS years ago....

I have no idea how this game will play out because it's hard to tell which Versailles team will show up.

If the Tigers play as well as they did in week 5 vs. ML they will likely win. If they come out flat after that intense effort last Friday, however, then the Indians will pick up the w.

I'm looking forward to watching Homan on film and seeing him live when the Indians play in Maria Stein later this season. It sounds like he and the Fort O line are dominant.

stats against Minster the last 3 games

1st game last year--- 41 attempts 190 yards rushing
Homan--26 carries--129 yards

2nd game last year--35 attempts 224 yards rushing
Homan--24 carries --168 yards rushing

last weeks game--- 38 attempts --196 yards rushing
Homan 26 carries--- 154 yards

i have been impressed with the boys up front the last couple of years

looks like you have some BIG slobs :)p) coming up in that Freshman class...

good luck the rest of the year.......I put the Homan boy as good as a football player as WEber boy was for the JAYS years ago....
It is really turning into a pretty cool rivalry in the last 3 years. These two programs have been very evenly matched. It has been fun watching.

It is really turning into a pretty cool rivalry in the last 3 years. These two programs have been very evenly matched. It has been fun watching.

Everyone keeps forgetting to include the 2014 year when talking about the new rivalry. If Cole Hull wasn't stopped on FR's last 4th quarter drive at the endzone, the Indian's would have came up victorious.

Everyone keeps forgetting to include the 2014 year when talking about the new rivalry. If Cole Hull wasn't stopped on FR's last 4th quarter drive at the endzone, the Indian's would have came up victorious.

I bet replay would show that he was across the line.:)

heck back in 87 we got beat by Middletown Fenwick 3-0 , they had 2 different goal line stands in the playoffs, if they had replays, we would have crossed the goal line 3 different times....but people forget about that;);).....

honest to tell ya the truth, i don't remember the play at all with Cole Hull.....

I have no idea how this game will play out because it's hard to tell which Versailles team will show up.

If the Tigers play as well as they did in week 5 vs. ML they will likely win. If they come out flat after that intense effort last Friday, however, then the Indians will pick up the w.

I'm looking forward to watching Homan on film and seeing him live when the Indians play in Maria Stein later this season. It sounds like he and the Fort O line are dominant.
This is the one game on our schedule that concerns me. It is crucial because Versailles is the only DV school we play. It is also at best a toss up game for the Tribe. Last year the boys totally laid an egg against Versailles. The effort was really lackluster. FR has to come out with some fire and tenacity Friday night.

heck back in 87 we got beat by Middletown Fenwick 3-0 , they had 2 different goal line stands in the playoffs, if they had replays, we would have crossed the goal line 3 different times....but people forget about that;);).....

honest to tell ya the truth, i don't remember the play at all with Cole Hull.....

It's cool if you don't remember. But it happened. Goal line stand, Minster knew it was going to him up the middle each time. 2nd or 3rd down was a botched handoff that lost a few yards, and the wildcats plugged up each hole on 4th down.