USFL playoffs in Canton

A. The owners wouldn’t want to pay the extra guys.
B. The guys are on the practice squad mostly in case of injury on the 53-man roster. Coaches would not want to put that risk upon those players.

In theory it sounds good but money and potential injury would make it a no-go.

A. The owners wouldn’t want to pay the extra guys.
B. The guys are on the practice squad mostly in case of injury on the 53-man roster. Coaches would not want to put that risk upon those players.

In theory it sounds good but money and potential injury would make it a no-go.
You could still have a developmental league of players trying to make it that aren't owned by any particular team.

But while you cite injury risk, you aren't thinking about how good and deep teams can find gems at the bottom who can up their trade value by playing in that league and showcasing themselves. It could open up opportunities for those bottom tier players and also the NFL teams.

7 of the 8 markets literally had zero attendance this year.

And the only that got to host, Birmingham, had putrid attendance even for Stallion games, and that's a state with zero pro teams.

This league will not last.
I attended a Birmingham Stallions game in Birmingham. I would not call the attendance at the game I went to putrid. Now, the non Birmingham games, yes attendance was almost nil.

But again, as previously stated, attendance was not the priority here. TV is the main factor.

If Attendance is not a factor why the heck would they drag the teams to Canton to play 2 games and have all the expense of travel and setting up the stadium. Sounds like a giant waste of money if they never expected people in the seats.

How many on this thread actually attended the games/concert this weekend?

If you had, you would have enjoyed a nice summer evening of football at a level not able to be seen live in the area (5 minutes from my house). The HOFV removed all of the obstacles that prevent people from attending events. Parking? Free. Ticket Price - extremely reasonable AND a FREE ticket for next week. Seats? Not a bad seat in Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium and we got to sit with the players' families 5 rows from the action!

If you had, you would have enjoyed a nice summer evening of football at a level not able to be seen live in the area (5 minutes from my house). The HOFV removed all of the obstacles that prevent people from attending events. Parking? Free. Ticket Price - extremely reasonable AND a FREE ticket for next week. Seats? Not a bad seat in Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium and we got to sit with the players' families 5 rows from the action!
Probably not many judging by the crowd size...

I don't get what that has to do with it. The people watching it on TV see everything you saw in person with an even better view ...

Do you act like only people who attend Browns or Bengals games can see those games and comment on them ?

Not me. The USFL is completely off my radar.

Instead, I streamed a 100-mile trail race where a young man from Western Stark County finished 3rd overall. The race was the Western States Endurance Run which consists of 18,000 feet of climbing and 23,000 feet of descending during the 100.2 mile journey from the base of a ski slope in Olympic Valley, CA (Squaw Valley ski area) to the Placer HS track in Auburn, CA. In the trail and ultra running community, the race's prestige is the equivalent of the Super Bowl. Said runner earned a Golden Ticket into the race by winning a 100-miler in AZ last fall.

The usfl is an awful product. Don't see how the league survives long with the pathetic attendance for a final 4. I live 30 minutes from the stadium and had zero interest in going

Really the usfl and xfl need to just merge and work with the NFL to be a real minor league feeder league. Then put the teams in cities that don't have NFL teams.
This is the key that they for some reason can't figure out. Look at successful minor league teams today, Toledo's minor league teams have far and above the best attendance in their leagues, especially hockey, because there is no MLB or NHL teams in the city to compete. Heck, even look at the XFL the last short time it was around, St. Louis had by far the most attendance and best atmosphere

It was great!

Are you able to see that the backdrop/setting for a televised football game played at the Pro Football Hall of Fame has its advantages over one played in Minerva? And this is not intended as an insult to Minerva.

You're looking SO petty.
Oh so now football games are on tv because of the backdrop or drone view ? ???

You’re looking SO dumb. Which is normal for you.

Was there tickets at the gate.
I spent the day on the river .
Hiding in the shade. Most the way.
Had to be on the warm side there.
For the players & fans

Why not expand the NFL practice squads to 45 guys and have the practice squads from each team play games against each other on say a Thursday each week. Allow the NFL teams to bring up a certain number each year if needed.
I always thought the NFL should do something like this…like a JV squad so to speak.

After training camp take the guys who got cut and assign them to the minor league squad. Have them run the same offense and defensive system as the NFL team. Then during the season if an NFL player goes down they could call up a guy from their minor league team.

And for fan interest, have the minor league team play in towns that are not far from the NFL team (e.g., Bengals minor league team plays in Dayton, Browns play in Canton, etc).

To be clear, I’m not faulting Canton or Stark County. I just think the league should not have opened up until it’s fan bases we’re able to host home games. The league office clearly dropped ball.
The plan has never been for places like Pittsburg to "host" the Maulers. It was only to use the names of former USFL teams. Pro football travel at this leagues level would have been cost prohibitive. The XFL has proven this twice.

Actually the plan is to play in every teams city eventually. The league came out and said as much just last week when they announced they would be back next year.

The XFL will be back next year too.