USATF Outdoor Championships

Congratulations former Beaumont and Georgetown great Emily Infeld for finishing 3rd at the USATF 50000 meters Championship. I believe this is her third world championship team.

Trevor Bassitt finished 2nd to Rai Benjamin in the 400 hurdles in a personal best of 47.47.

Great picture of Katie Nageotte.

1656281592379.png

Track and Field know-nothing here. How is the crossbar held in place in that setup, just resting on the pin below it?
Exactly. A horizontal pin on either side, attached to the platform (vertical yellow/grey horizontal) that extends from the vertical stanchion (with the numbers applied to it). The platform/pin arrangement is raised and lowered to its appropriate height for each attempt.

The crossbar has two rubber-like, semi-hemispherical sleeves on either end of its 4.50m length that serve as the interface between the bar and pin. The sleeves each have a flat surface on the bottom that allows for non-rotation of the bar, thus "securing" it to either pin unless the vaulter dislodges it from its perch during the attempt.

Last edited:
Congratulations former Beaumont and Georgetown great Emily Infeld for finishing 3rd at the USATF 50000 meters Championship. I believe this is her third world championship team.
Correct. It is Infeld's 3rd WC team and 1st time qualifying in the 5000. She was also on the 2016 Olympic Team competing in the 10000.

Correct. It is Infeld's 3rd WC team and 1st time qualifying in the 5000. She was also on the 2016 Olympic Team competing in the 10000.
Emily was 4th in the 10,000 USATF Championships which was held May 27th during the Prefontaine Classic - just .24 seconds from qualifying.

In cased anyone missed it...

Abby has run her last meet for the Kentucky Wildcats -

I would expect an announcement of her professional status to be sometime in the next few weeks-months.