USA Today article

Yes kids are not as vulnerable. Not sure how reassuring that is to teachers, coaches, admin, parents?

Whether you think it is rational or not, we do tend to fear the unknown. We are used to dealing w/ flu but who knows what happens if you catch this and the mortality rate is higher. And when I say "we are used to the flu" we are not exactly used to anything that killed 80,000# and climbing in what, 70-80 days so far? The annual rate is far from set for a full comparison. And that is with some pretty stringent mitigation - which includes closing schools. Could easily have been double or triple that had we not. But, I guess we'll never know.
Like you said we will never know. IMO the shut down caused a spike in Covid cases. Mommy and daddy are at home with all this extra cash, stimulus money, extra 600 bucks in unemployment a week. What did they do, went out and spend it spreading the virus as they did including to their own children. The 20000 known confirmed cases in Ohio, how many of them have children, and those children did not get Covid ? And a week after Georgia opened their state back up they had the lowest amount of C - 19 cases since they started recording covid cases. Although the experts said the opposite would happen. The median age of death from covid is 80 years old in Ohio, how many administrators are over 70 years old ?

I think it would be wise to bring everything under the sun to a standstill. Eventually a cure-all panacea will be created and injected into every last one of us, thus restoring humanity to its original and intended state. I say we wait.....

Everything isn't at a standstill. Sports is a killer though I'll be first to admit. I don't miss much else. Movie theaters, the mall, meh. I feel bad for some of the nicer non-carryout restaurant owners (chains not so much) but frankly we have WAY too many restaurants. Tough business. Also don't get the whole "I refuse to wear a mask" crowd and other purveyors of fake news and conspiracy theories but that's what the country has come to I guess. Fish rot from the head.

Sorry Stirred Not Shaken your post isn't worth debating.

...conspiracy theories...
And there it is! The dead giveaway of those incapable of free/independent thought! All they do is sit around drinking in propaganda from the MSM and marginalize others!

They always show themselves in the end. SMH.

Last edited:
There was a nice study out of Britain that showed the virus almost never transmits out of doors. Almost 100% of virus transmissions are in small enclosed indoor areas.

Outdoor classes in the fall?

Outdoor classes? Awesome!

In regards to “61 year old teacher”, look everyone gets it’s highly unlikely a kid isn’t really going to get sick, or THAT sick. It’s who they can spread it to, and of course, no one wants to be the school district that screwed up and forced to close. Horrible look for all jobs considered

Now there’s this, not good (If NFL is struggling to get recommended go ahead, how will HS?!)

The fact that people genuinely believe a porous cloth mask will make a bit of difference, not even withstanding the fact that you spend all day touching said porous cloth mask with your germy hands, is comical.

I don't really pay attention to what Fauci says anymore.
The fact that people genuinely believe a porous cloth mask will make a bit of difference, not even withstanding the fact that you spend all day touching said porous cloth mask with your germy hands, is comical.
By all means, stay ignorant. Don't do any reading up on any studies or anything. Don't look at what other countries that are doing better than we are have done. Don't listen to people that are experts. Way to be part of the solution.

Everything isn't at a standstill. Sports is a killer though I'll be first to admit. I don't miss much else. Movie theaters, the mall, meh. I feel bad for some of the nicer non-carryout restaurant owners (chains not so much) but frankly we have WAY too many restaurants. Tough business. Also don't get the whole "I refuse to wear a mask" crowd and other purveyors of fake news and conspiracy theories but that's what the country has come to I guess. Fish rot from the head.

Sorry Stirred Not Shaken your post isn't worth debating.
That is because you can't debate the facts and everything I said was factual except the part about the half a** shutdown which was my opinion but I do believe the shut down did more harm than good .

By all means, stay ignorant. Don't do any reading up on any studies or anything. Don't look at what other countries that are doing better than we are have done. Don't listen to people that are experts. Way to be part of the solution.
Done plenty of my own reading. Just because people don't share the same "doomsday" opinion as you and believe we should be able to return to normalcy doesn't make them ignorant. No amount of holier-than-thou virtue signaling will change that.

Done plenty of my own reading. Just because people don't share the same "doomsday" opinion as you and believe we should be able to return to normalcy doesn't make them ignorant. No amount of holier-than-thou virtue signaling will change that.
Since when am I a doomsdayer? You are absolutely ignorant if you do not understand what masks are for. And things weren't that big a deal in February had we had the proper testing etc....We are past prevention and in full mitigation mode. Here is something simple for you to read. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/201...ight of this new,community-based transmission.

Just do the few simple things we are being asked to do and we will be through it faster. Pretty simple. You can fight all you want. I guess you feel better to be right than to do the right thing.

Since when am I a doomsdayer? You are absolutely ignorant if you do not understand what masks are for. And things weren't that big a deal in February had we had the proper testing etc....We are past prevention and in full mitigation mode. Here is something simple for you to read. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cloth-face-cover.html#:~:text=In light of this new,community-based transmission.

Just do the few simple things we are being asked to do and we will be through it faster. Pretty simple. You can fight all you want. I guess you feel better to be right than to do the right thing.

Meanwhile, the POTUS is having a conniption, and wh staff is afraid to go to work, because the ruling elite keep getting it. So now they are going to daily testing, for Him, and for anyone who goes near Him. So...what happened to the "warriors"? Bone spurs I assume? I guess herd immunity is only for the "you people". Suckers.

Last edited:
There was a nice study out of Britain that showed the virus almost never transmits out of doors. Almost 100% of virus transmissions are in small enclosed indoor areas.

Outdoor classes in the fall?
Ok, I'm in favor. New plan: any day that we can educate students and be outside, kids have school AT school outside. Any days we can't educate kids outside (weather reasons), we do virtual that day. Count me in!!

Something scared off DeWine today from making an announcement about daycare, it was all supposed to be unraveled today. This is most certainly not good news. If we have any hope for sports soon, people need child care. For the sake they are making it this complicated or as they say, "just getting it right" proves something this weekend wasn't giving them a good feeling.

Not good.

If the White House can't ensure a safe workplace for themselves, how can any workplace ensure safety. Especially schools and children. Answer: They CAN'T!

Since when am I a doomsdayer? You are absolutely ignorant if you do not understand what masks are for. And things weren't that big a deal in February had we had the proper testing etc....We are past prevention and in full mitigation mode. Here is something simple for you to read. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cloth-face-cover.html#:~:text=In light of this new,community-based transmission.

The disease has been mitigated.

We were all told that hospitals were going to be overrun with cases. Instead, quite the opposite has occurred in the majority of the country - to the extent that many medical professionals have been laid off. I see all these stupid choreographed Tik-Tok videos on social media, yet I thought hospitals were war zones?

Stop with the sensationalism and holier-than-thou preaching. You are free to wear a mask and stay couped up for the rest of your life. You do not have the right to drag everyone down with you, and no one answers to you.

We were all told that hospitals were going to be overrun with cases. Instead, quite the opposite has occurred in the majority of the country - to the extent that many medical professionals have been laid off. I see all these stupid choreographed Tik-Tok videos on social media, yet I thought hospitals were war zones?

Stop with the sensationalism and holier-than-thou preaching. You are free to wear a mask and stay couped up for the rest of your life. You do not have the right to drag everyone down with you, and no one answers to you.

Go out, do your thing, just put on a mask when you go into place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmm. Not so you can get it. But so you don't spread it. And imagine if he had? The run on N95 masks would have made the toilet paper hoarding look tame.
I'm not kidding you, my daughter in North Carolina has not had toilet paper in 8 weeks. They live just outside Raleigh. Now, part of that is because they will not camp out all night to be there when the truck pulls in, but that's how they have lived. Using tissues or paper towels and garbage bags.

My son is a doctor in the Army and they were right at the tipping point of not being able to handle patients. In fact, they lost about 6 they shouldn't have because they were overwhelmed. In the richest most advanced society in the world, don't you think we could have handled it a little better? Have you had any of your patients die because of it? Any first hand knowledge? I'm out working every day. I just have the common courtesy to wear a mask and stay 6 feet away from my clients. Pretty simple thing. Our company is thriving because we do the right things. My 18 year old son is miserable being cooped up. No school, track and field, graduation...turned 18 on May 7. This should never have gotten to this. Complete failure by the executive branch. Pure and simple. If people could just do their part, it would be over sooner.

Last edited:
Not wearing a mask? Kind of a move in my opinion but you do as you please, kind of like smoking cigs in someone's place, it's your right but you probably shouldn't do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the White House can't ensure a safe workplace for themselves, how can any workplace ensure safety. Especially schools and children. Answer: They CAN'T!
I don't need the WH to take care of me neither do most Americans but just stay locked up in your house until the unemployment checks run out.

I'm not kidding you, my daughter in North Carolina has not had toilet paper in 8 weeks. They live just outside Raleigh. Now, part of that is because they will not camp out all night to be there when the truck pulls in, but that's how they have lived. Using tissues or paper towels and garbage bags.

My son is a doctor in the Army and it they were right at the tipping point of not being able to handle patients. In fact, they lost about 6 they shouldn't have because they were overwhelmed. In the richest most advanced society in the world, don't you think we could have handled it a little better? Have you had any of your patients die because of it? Any first hand knowledge? I'm out working every day. I just have the common courtesy to wear a mask and stay 6 feet away from my clients. Pretty simple thing. Our company is thriving because we do the right things. My 18 year old son is miserable being cooped up. Not school, track and field, graduation...turned on May 7. This should never have gotten to this. Complete failure by the executive branch. Pure and simple. If people could just do their part, it would be over sooner.
I'm not a doctor, and I did not say no hospitals were overloaded - I said the "majority."

Trump was going to catch flack from Democrats no matter what he did. He could create a vaccine and cure cancer by tomorrow and Democrats would still want his head. Likewise, if Hillary was in office she would have caught flack from Republicans regardless of what she did.

https://www.infectioncontroltoday.com/mask-respirators/cloth-masks-are-useless-against-covid-19

Thankfully, my office reopened today, in due time. (And btw, I do wear a mask when I go in grocery stores. But I'm not going to flaunt my virtuousness and force it on other people.)

Last edited:
I don't need the WH to take care of me neither do most Americans but just stay locked up in your house until the unemployment checks run out.
FYI: I am working. And the people that were working pre-corona and are getting unemployment, it is not their fault. And you really didn't answer my question about the White House protecting schools and students. Because you can't and they can't.

FYI: I am working. And the people that were working pre-corona and are getting unemployment, it is not their fault. And you really didn't answer my question about the White House protecting schools and students. Because you can't and they can't.
They can't protect you from car accidents or lightning strikes or the flu, either.

I'm not a doctor, and I did not say no hospitals were overloaded - I said the "majority."

Trump was going to catch flack from Democrats no matter what he did. He could create a vaccine and cure cancer by tomorrow and Democrats would still want his head. Likewise, if Hillary was in office she would have caught flack from Republicans regardless of what she did.

Wear a mask if it makes you feel better. https://www.infectioncontroltoday.com/mask-respirators/cloth-masks-are-useless-against-covid-19

Thankfully, my office reopened today, in due time.
Here is the thing. It's not about placing blame or making excuses. It's about leadership and performance. That has not happened. Doesn't matter what political party you support. My dad used to always tell me and my brothers. I don't want to hear excuses, I want to see performance. Wearing a mask in someones home when they are wearing a mask is common courtesy. Do I wear one when I'm out walking in the national park? No! If I'm in close proximity to other people, I do out of being a descent human being. Did you ever think it would go on this long? My son gets stuff from the CDC that you and I don't see. They never thought we would do as well as we have with social distancing. It's helped. Some businesses have adapted and others have not. I work with companies that will be permanently changing how they do business because this has shown them better ways to be more efficient. Being out of work sucks. I was there too for 4 or 5 weeks. I'm sure you want to get back to work and I want you to. We are way behind where we should be. That's a fact. I have multiple family members in the medical field. I'll trust my son the most since he has had to deal with the disease first hand and not just on the periphery. Family members that are on completely different sides politically, all agree that the CDC was putting out great info up until a few weeks ago. My son started telling me that it's like all of a sudden 5th graders are putting stuff out. My family that work at the Cleveland Clinic say the exact same thing. 80k dead is not acceptable. Can we agree on that? 200k will not be acceptable. I would much rather have experts running this than some hair dressers or waiters or dishwashers demanding to be allowed back to work.

To pyscyo dads point, if you want to make sure we have a long protracted recovery and businesses struggle to become profitable again, then by all means do not wear a mask, social distance, or practice good hygiene. You and some AR15 carrying MI protester types may, but many others will not be frequenting establishments while they or their patrons ignore precautions. Good luck.

To pyscyo dads point, if you want to make sure we have a long protracted recovery and businesses struggle to become profitable again, then by all means do not wear a mask, social distance, or practice good hygiene. You and some AR15 carrying MI protester types may, but many others will not be frequenting establishments while they or their patrons ignore precautions. Good luck.
And you are free to keep your preachy self at home while others go back to work and live their lives without fear.