Urban Meyer out.

Heard a story today regarding the cold handshake between Herb and Mike Vrabel on Sunday.

Apparently during Vrabel's time on Myers' staff, Herb was is usual tool-self and berating his assistants in a meeting by using descriptors ending in ussies and itches. Vrabel had enough and told the his HC to please refrain or he would take measures. Herb, to paraphrase, said "bring it." Vrabel picked him up by his shirt and pinned him against a wall with his feet dangling before the rest of the staff could intervene.

Wish there was a video somewhere.

His reputation has been severely damaged, more for his antics than his football record; not to mention the horror stories that are sure to surface, as the piranha sense wounded prey. If he goes anywhere, it will be back to the booth, but not for a while.

Heard a story today regarding the cold handshake between Herb and Mike Vrabel on Sunday.

Apparently during Vrabel's time on Myers' staff, Herb was is usual tool-self and berating his assistants in a meeting by using descriptors ending in ussies and itches. Vrabel had enough and told the his HC to please refrain or he would take measures. Herb, to paraphrase, said "bring it." Vrabel picked him up by his shirt and pinned him against a wall with his feet dangling before the rest of the staff could intervene.

Where did you hear this?

His reputation has been severely damaged, more for his antics than his football record; not to mention the horror stories that are sure to surface, as the piranha sense wounded prey. If he goes anywhere, it will be back to the booth, but not for a while.
He don’t care, he’s got more money than everybody here combined.

He don’t care, he’s got more money than everybody here combined.

For someone who is so driven by ego, he certainly does care. He's being humiliated on every media outlet and his name is now mud ( and stronger words). He's hurt, and no amount of money can compensate for an egomaniac who has been cut down.

Some of you guys are unreal. Go hit a 30 year old man in public and see what happens. Urban Meyer will never coach again, anywhere, at any level.

Ahh, but for the good old days when Woody Hayes used to b*tchslap his players and send them to the molestor doctor back in the locker room... Halcyon days, Arcadia...

Signed, an OSU fan that's not an idiot

Some of you guys are unreal. Go hit a 30 year old man in public and see what happens. Urban Meyer will never coach again, anywhere, at any level.

Ahh, but for the good old days when Woody Hayes used to b*tchslap his players and send them to the molestor doctor back in the locker room... Halcyon days, Arcadia...

Signed, an OSU fan that's not an idiot
Well, if he has any self-respect he hits back or takes it like a man. Not be a whiny baby about it.

Whether you loathe Urban or not, Lambo's story is getting some pushback from former players. If dude doesn't want a love-tap on the leg, or to be called an *expletive* by his coach, and publically states the same long after the fact, he likely isn't doing himself any favors with prospective teams that need a kicker down the road.

I am an OSU fan and obviously loved the results Urban got here. But there was never really a question as to "is he a nice person?" There were stories while he was here, commonly holding that he was a jerk and an egomaniac. But no one cared because the Buckeyes won big.

I knew he would not adapt well to losing, but had no idea it would blow up this fast. Good riddance to the jerk. Stay off our TVs for a while. I suspect the Jags owner has some great attorneys on the case - I suspect that if the Lambo story is found to be true, Urban can be fired for cause (abuse of an employee) and his contract terminated, so he may lose the rest of that contract money.

I am an OSU fan and obviously loved the results Urban got here. But there was never really a question as to "is he a nice person?" There were stories while he was here, commonly holding that he was a jerk and an egomaniac. But no one cared because the Buckeyes won big.

I knew he would not adapt well to losing, but had no idea it would blow up this fast. Good riddance to the jerk. Stay off our TVs for a while. I suspect the Jags owner has some great attorneys on the case - I suspect that if the Lambo story is found to be true, Urban can be fired for cause (abuse of an employee) and his contract terminated, so he may lose the rest of that contract money.
One of the big sticking points for the local talking heads on the radio was his lies and support of that wife beater he employed. THat set a lot of people down a bad path in their opinion of him.

Not defending Urban in any way, but Trevor isn't exactly lighting it up out there. 9 TDs 14 INT CMP% 58. Lawrence has always been a great player, sometimes the wrong coach makes a player worse. Can't imagine what it was like with a rookie Head Coach and a rookie Quarterback trying to both adjust to the NFL life. The difference between both is that the Coach is dispensable, while the QB might get another shot with a different Coach. Look at what Baker's been through since he was drafted. He had 3 different OC's his first three years. I don't blame Khan for firing him, its the pros. If you're not a reliable person, then you get fired. It works like that for every job anybody has ever had.
I think Lawrence is an average qb. Never gonna really light it up, win a title or go to the HOF.

Their spat when Vrabel was at OSU has all been confirmed by a few former players and one former coach, although I’m not sure it ever became physical. But I don’t think that had anything to do with the handshake, there’s a picture of them looking pretty friendly before the game, I’d guess the cold handshake is Meyer being a sore loser.

Whether you loathe Urban or not, Lambo's story is getting some pushback from former players. If dude doesn't want a love-tap on the leg, or to be called an *expletive* by his coach, and publically states the same long after the fact, he likely isn't doing himself any favors with prospective teams that need a kicker down the road.
Well, you know what they say about opinions. I think it's pretty recognizable to most teams that Urb's love taps are crazy coach taps. Shouldn't be much of an issue for Lambo I don't think.

In a selfish sense I'm a bit disappointed he got canned because he would've provided massive sports entertainment had he strung along a few miserable years in Jax. Shelly carting him off to the psych ward on live TV after losing a mediocre AFC South and falling to 8-9 in 2023 would've been awesome.

Any college tries to hire him and they‘ll have to deal with all the protests and pr nightmare that comes with it. Not exactly the way to start a new gig.

I believe it. Vrabel isn’t like most Asst Coaches, he doesn’t “need” the job after being in the NFL 10+ years.

Any college tries to hire him and they‘ll have to deal with all the protests and pr nightmare that comes with it. Not exactly the way to start a new gig.
I think he could be Nebraska’s HC if Frost fails again next year.

To say Lawrence is a average qb based off of his rookie season thus far is way off. He’s been put into a dysfunctional franchise, had to deal with one of the most bizarre 10 months of any NFL head coach tenure and the Jags have little to no veteran leadership. Will Lawrence light up the NFL, win a title or go to the HOF - those are all high aspirations/expectations that few actually achieve but that comes with being the 1st overall pick. Would Tom Brady be Tom Brady if he was drafted by the Jets? Would Roethlisberger be Big Ben if he was taken by the Browns? Roethlisberger would probably be referred as the MAC qb before Charlie Frye. Who would you rather have: Lawrence or Mayfield? It’s a no brained, Lawrence.

Can Lawrence be a Carson Palmer, Drew Bledsoe, Burt Jones, Kenn Anderson, Matt Ryan - I think he will even if the Jags waist his talents. The kid was rated the highest qb coming out of college since Andrew Luck. If the Jags get a above average NFL head coach in there I believe Lawrence will succeed.

If the NFL gig doesn’t work out for Lawrence it sounds like Ole Solution will at least buy him dinner.

For as much as I'd like to believe that, some downtrodden college program and its fanbase will be so starved for victory that they would welcome Meyer with open arms. 3 National Titles would afford him a grace period somewhere. Having said that, he'd be on a short leash anywhere he goes if he returns to coaching.

For as much as I'd like to believe that, some downtrodden college program and its fanbase will be so starved for victory that they would welcome Meyer with open arms. 3 National Titles would afford him a grace period somewhere. Having said that, he'd be on a short leash anywhere he goes if he returns to coaching.

Mike Wilbon was asked if he thought Meyer would ever coach in college again. He sighed and said, "Yes." Like you, he said that some desperate college would eventually reach out to him to turn their program around. It would afford them instant publicity, despite the PR problems.