University of Akron to eliminate six of 11 colleges as part of cost-saving measures due to coronavirus pandemic

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
University of Akron President Gary Miller said in a video message Monday that the university’s plan to offset $65 to $70 million in decreased revenue due to the coronavirus pandemic includes cutting six of its 11 colleges.

Miller did not identify which five colleges would remain, but said newly appointed Executive Vice President and Provost John Wiencek would make that announcement in the “coming days.”

Time to play the guessing game. Who stays and who goes??? I wonder if within the college of arts and sciences they will eliminate specific majors / programs. Typically at any school's your A&S has the most majors. I mean just how many philosophy majors does U of A enroll?

Buchtel College of Arts and Sciences
College of Applied Science and Technology,
College of Business Administration
College of Engineering
College of Health Professions
College of Polymer Science and Polymer Engineering
Graduate School
School of Law
LeBron James Family Foundation College of Education (I bet this one stays ;-))
Williams Honors College
Wayne College campus in Orrville

I think in the end most majors in colleges that are eliminated will be moved into the remaining colleges. What really needs to happen is cooperation between schools like Akron and Kent to eliminate duplicative majors and programs.