Undefeated Teams

Wyoming beat Badin 9-0 tonight and just last week Alter scores in the final ten seconds to beat Badin 3-2. How does that happen?

Per Twitter, Little Miami defeats Ross 3-1 to give the Rams their first loss of season. Still a great run.

Wyoming has only allowed 3 goals all season and has the firepower to light up the scoreboard on a given night. 9-0 against Badin, even in the middle of a rough stretch, is extremely impressive.

Monroe moves to 13-0-2 with 5-0 win over Valley View. Another amazing season. Hornets had some excellent teams in the 2004-06ish era, but I don't think they've ever had an undefeated regular season. I believe, last year was Wyoming's first at 14-0-2 (Cowboys are 15-0 heading into Indian Hill regular season finale).

Wyoming beat Badin 9-0 tonight and just last week Alter scores in the final ten seconds to beat Badin 3-2. How does that happen?
Results just aren't adding up this year. Alter and Wyoming both beat Mariemont by scores of 2-0 and 1-0. Will be interesting to see how Wyoming matches up against an Indian Hill team that has tied Alter and lost to Tipp.

Also, that Badin team lost to Ross and Roger Bacon both by scores of 5-0, then went on to lose to Monroe by a score of only 2-0... Maybe when game time comes they are all there or not there at all.

Has anyone seen Waynesville play? They are undefeated with really no close games.
Have not this year but their schedule isn't real strong either. Last game is against alter so that should tell us what to expect in the tournament.

Botkins is now 11-0-2. Their three remaining games are against teams with losing records. Now ranked #8 in the state d3 (#1 seed in Dayton D3?), I'm guessing this would be the first undefeated regular season in program history.

Agreed! Wyoming-IH will be for the Cincinnati Hills League championship. Wyoming only needs a tie to win title outright. An IH W gives it to the Braves. Also could be preview of a D2 regional match-up.

IH & Wyoming play tomorrow at Wyoming for the CHL championship. Should be a great game.

IH-Wyoming was a game that met...or exceeded...the lofty expectations. IH struck just over a minute into the game with a volley that may have been struck outside the box. Wyoming behind for the first time all season...in game #16. IH bolstered lead with a gorgeous blistering shot from near the left sideline that curved around the diving keeper and into the far post side netting. Game remained 2-0 IH until around 11 minutes left. Wyoming left winger got around defender sent a screaming cross that a forward redirected into the net. With under 5 to play, Wyoming overhit a through ball that went to the IH keeper. Keeper, whom I believe replaced starter due to a season ending injury, played amazingly all game. On this play, he could have played the ball with his feet to bleed the clock. Instead he picked it up. Possibly realizing the missed time wasting opportunity, he then put the ball down, though a Wyoming player was getting dangerously near. When Wyoming player was on top of him, he picked the ball up again. Indirect free kick for Wyoming. The result:
Classic game ends in a 2-2 tie. Wyoming wins the Cincinnati Hills League title (IH had a tie with Mariemont earlier in the season). Both teams capable of going VERY far in the D2 state tournament. Amazing game.

IH-Wyoming was a game that met...or exceeded...the lofty expectations. IH struck just over a minute into the game with a volley that may have been struck outside the box. Wyoming behind for the first time all season...in game #16. IH bolstered lead with a gorgeous blistering shot from near the left sideline that curved around the diving keeper and into the far post side netting. Game remained 2-0 IH until around 11 minutes left. Wyoming left winger got around defender sent a screaming cross that a forward redirected into the net. With under 5 to play, Wyoming overhit a through ball that went to the IH keeper. Keeper, whom I believe replaced starter due to a season ending injury, played amazingly all game. On this play, he could have played the ball with his feet to bleed the clock. Instead he picked it up. Possibly realizing the missed time wasting opportunity, he then put the ball down, though a Wyoming player was getting dangerously near. When Wyoming player was on top of him, he picked the ball up again. Indirect free kick for Wyoming. The result:
Classic game ends in a 2-2 tie. Wyoming wins the Cincinnati Hills League title (IH had a tie with Mariemont earlier in the season). Both teams capable of going VERY far in the D2 state tournament. Amazing game.

Great recap. Nice hit. 3 man wall seems crazy.

Dover boys are 11-0-4 in D2 this season. Not sure what their chances are in the post season, but they’ve had a great regular season.

We saw Wyoming play earlier this year at McNick since my son knows many of the McNick players and he used to be coached by Wyoming’s current head coach, coach Jones. Wyoming is organized, technical through the middle of the field, and plays with intensity & physicality. They have a very big forward up top who scored two goals and their keeper is a big kid as well. Really good team. Fun to watch. Hoping we get to see them again in the tournament!
I agree, the Wyoming team is a fun team to watch. The goalie is tough.

So much for my ability to predict - Bay won, but it was only a 1-0 game. I might have underestimated Buckeye this year.
I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. With playoffs coming and a possible meeting in a few weeks I'm sure neither side was too interested in showing much of anything

Alter beats Waynesville 2-1, spoiling Waynesville's undefeated season.
fun game to watch. if tonight was typical of their play, Waynesville can play with any of the d2 teams i have seen this year. i think this game ends in a draw if their coach leaves the Muth kid at right back the whole game.

Medina finished 15-0-1 and St. Ignatius finished 14-0-2. Apparently, this is the first time all 3 Iggy soccer teams finished undefeated for an entire regular season - JV A went 13-0-1 and JV B went 14-0 as well.