UC to open renovated 5/3 arena with OSU

WinstonSmith

Props to Holtmann agreeing to this. OSU has not played UC in Cincinnati since I believe 1920... ridiculous. No doubt UC will be the favorite as OSU is in the midst of rebuilding. UC fans will want the W bad. It’s a year away, but looking forward to it.

This has needed to happen for a long time now, I hope it's a regular thing. No reason we shouldn't be playing Xavier and Dayton on a fairly regular basis as well

X, UD and UC every season, with a neutral every season at the Q in Cleveland against a high profile opponent. Keeps up the interest all over the state.

Would be pretty awesome for basketball in the state of Ohio. I think it would be a case where the pie gets bigger for everyone involved. A win for every school and for the players and fans

What I’d love to see is one event where there are back to back games, a combination of UC, OSU, UD, and X each year. Although UC-XU could never play each other during that event so not sure it would work.

Hopefully this is the starting point for an Ohio version of the yearly Crossroads Classic (Butler, ND, Indiana and Purdue). There's no reason OSU, UC, X and UD shouldn't be meeting yearly.

What I’d love to see is one event where there are back to back games, a combination of UC, OSU, UD, and X each year. Although UC-XU could never play each other during that event so not sure it would work.

Play one opponent in even years and another opponent in odd years like they do in the Crossroads, where Indiana and Purdue never play due to meeting in league play. OSU/UC and X/UD in even years, and OSU/X and UC/UD in odd years.