UC Bearcats

You think he has NFL ambitions? I probably don’t know enough to say if that’s appealing to him or not.

I am not sure. Isn't his kid going to UC next year? Things are kind of complicated if that is the case, especially if Freeman was/is promised to get the gig once Fickell moves on. I have to think Freeman gets a chance and takes one at a MAC type school if Fickell stays on as UC's coach next year.

Fickell is building a legitimate Top 15 program here! Unless he's after a big pay raise, anything less than an elite situation (big time program with a big time recruiting base), like a USC, Texas, Ohio State, etc. doesn't make much sense!!

How deep do the pockets go at UC? What's the maximum they can afford?

Fickell is building a legitimate Top 15 program here! Unless he's after a big pay raise, anything less than an elite situation (big time program with a big time recruiting base), like a USC, Texas, Ohio State, etc. doesn't make much sense!!

How deep do the pockets go at UC? What's the maximum they can afford?

Not as much as the schools you mentioned. And it's not close. The only way UC will ever be able to match upper level power 5 teams will be if UC actually makes it into one of those conferences

UC scores a TD, there is an inadvertent whistle, so play is dead at 15 instead of a TD.

Last edited:
Inadvertent whistle? Are you kidding me!

I'm watching a couple of games today and Every one has had incompetent officiating. College football has a real problem. This is worse then HS officiating. And replay isn't helping much. These guys are stealing their paychecks.

My goodness now they just made a terrible PI call on UC. What is wrong with these refs? They are either corrupt or completely incompetent. It has been awful today in every game I've watched.

Refs screw Bearcats again, rule the Bearcats forward progress was stopped when it clearly wasn't. Challenge not allowed

On the UCF 2 pt try; ball is placed on left hash ready for play, UCF wants it on the right hash, play clock winds down, Refs stop play to give explanation on why they couldn't move ball. That is a delay of game, instead they get a new 25 sec play clock
UC runs out the last 4:32 but refs give a sec to UCF [Next time go under center instead if shotgun with a bad snap]

UC 36 -33 UCF

Last edited:
A day of horrible officiating is capped with the worst officiated game I've ever seen. Total garbage.

And for what it's worth only fools use analytics for football.

Yeah, pretty dumb not to go ahead and take the two score lead with under a minute left.
It was dumb not only because of the bad snap at the very end, but also because beating UCF by ten points instead of three on the road would have looked a little better in the eyes of the CFP committee. Anyway, seems like they're not going to get much love from the committee regardless of what happens.

It was dumb not only because of the bad snap at the very end, but also because beating UCF by ten points instead of three on the road would have looked a little better in the eyes of the CFP committee. Anyway, seems like they're not going to get much love from the committee regardless of what happens.
Yeah, I’m aware scoring margin matters. Agree.

I'll never undertsand why some teams just refuse to have the QB take snaps under center, even if it's to kneel.
I don’t recall seeing teams take a shotgun snap and kneel. I don’t think you can spike the ball out of shotgun, or at least you used to not be allowed to.

I've seen numerous teams team a knee from shotgun. Especially if they're trying to do the same thing UC was attempting...run around for a couple seconds before going down to kill more time. Almost backfired

Temple game is cancelled due to Coronavirus; will not be made up; next up is Tulsa.[12/12/2020]
Winner of that game hosts the same team the following week in the AAC Championship game