Twinsburg open?

Didn't read about it but wouldn't be surprised. I live just down the street but refuse to watch free of charge.

I heard Don Ault is trying to get back into coaching. Heard from a guy at Hunky Club in Barberton Hire him.

I don’t know a lot about Twinsburg beside working regionally Cleveland Akron Canton area, but I would think it would be a desirable job for someone wanting to move up from a local coordinator position or move up to bigger division school. The area is nice, some money in the community and I’m guessing good facilities. There’s got to be some decent talent in that community also.

If their is a teaching position open with it, it’s going to be a very desirable job. District pays teachers very well. It’s one of a few reason Bell left North

On paper this gig should be a good one but if a solid coach like Mike Bell could not get it to work then there has to be deeper challenges that need to be jettisoned. Honestly I think if attached to this job is a good paying teacher job it might bring a guy with a good resume who is more looking to get paid than fighting and correcting possible systematic issues. I have no idea what these could be but this job is so similar to next by Nordonia that it should at a minimum have their success level.

Three names to watch out for. Tom Thome former DC at Twinsburg current Lakewood Head coach. Chris Knopick former OC there and current Rootstown Head coach and Sonnie Wallie Kentson strength and conditioning coach.

And that was back when Clinton-Massie was so bad the only thing keeping them out of 8th place was the defection of Madison Plains to the BAC. High school athletic programs often flucuate year to year.

All I know about Twinsburg is that there was a local athlete who went to a smaller local private a few years and was an absolute stud there in 7th and 8th grade. He went back to Twinsburg for high school and was never the same. I stayed in contact with his dad over the years and he said the coaching was incredibly bad and that almost every kid is playing out of position. Its a shame because this kid was really really good.

So MIke Bell all of a sudden went from really good coach at LC to terrible coach at twinsburg?? wow
Coaching at a private school and at a public school is like day and night. Give me an average coach from a public school and put him in a private school environment and the results are usually positive. Reverse the scenario.......you make the conclusion.

Coaching at a private school and at a public school is like day and night. Give me an average coach from a public school and put him in a private school environment and the results are usually positive. Reverse the scenario.......you make the conclusion.
Twinsburg football history has not seen any decent length of successful season over the years, just is not a football school?

No sarcasm here.. Can you give a few examples of your claim?

Twinsburg football history has not seen any decent length of successful season over the years, just is not a football school?
When Solis was there they were very good. The back stabbing from the DC led to his demise. Btw...that DC became the HC and the program started its decline. Shame on the administration for allowing that to occur.

Coach Bell has spent his entire teaching career in the public school system. I'm willing to bet he understands the challenges and environment differences between public and private.

I live in Twinsburg. This program will be a challenge for any coach coming in. Issues:

1. This is a soccer town (More kids in the soccer program in grades 9-12, 3 teams of 20, then in the football program- 50 kids)
  2. Youth Football program is a joke
  3. Kids that have any talent will go to a private school
  4. So many issues from the Superintendent on down. Parents in other sports will complain about not equal playing time and the coaches are asked to play the kids more fairly (True story)
  5. It will take a coach like Solis or JR to inspire kids to play football from the youth levels on up. Needs to be a young, energetic coach with lots of pep.
  6. Bell was a terrible hire. I was on the committee 8 years ago and I wanted the OC from Mentor. Bell won everyone else over because of his success at LC. I warned about the move from private to public and it fell on deaf ears. Bell is a great guy, but really didnt bring any energy to the program.
  7. I doubt there will be a teaching position available.

When Solis was there they were very good. The back stabbing from the DC led to his demise. Btw...that DC became the HC and the program started its decline. Shame on the administration for allowing that to occur.
The truth finally comes out, 1) Solis left, the article does not really give any reasons pro or con! https://www.cleveland.com/highschoo...nsburgs-football-coach-high-school-newswatch/
2) He ended up at a bigger better place, Olentangy
12/13/21:

Olentangy Braves football coach Mark Solis steps down after nine seasons​

Solis went 68-36 over nine seasons with the Braves, winning three league championships and reaching the Division II state semifinal in 2014. Olentangy finished 3-8 overall and 1-4 in the OCC-Cardinal Division this season.

3) Coach Joe ran a great defense for Soltis to contribute to the success Mark had, your accusation about him is a lie!
maybe the only other caoch with some tough teams was Dye back in the 70's?

Last edited: