Trump Impeachment 2.0

You could give yourself two hours and you still wouldn't be able to type anything 'Remotely interesting insightful or funny . You realize that you have nothing else to post so you only really troll right ? You aren't interested in or know much at all about topics so your game is almost exclusively about other posters thoughts and posts? You see this right? I know that being a national conglomerate head honcho { I wouldn't trade what you claim to do and your life for mine if we lived to 1000, so the jealousy thing is pathetic } leaves little time for much else , but at least make an effort to know something here instead of being a troll only. Nah stick to the troll only persona . See you next month may be . I will see you quote me may be 50 times in that period and then I may respond . Stay safe out there.
Are you wearing underwear Harry?

History may have a more accurate description of failure . Sorry , you and he won nothing. Exposed as frauds and supporting a riot to keep Trump in power isn't winning . Hope that helps.

Dude, you're coming unglued this morning. Breath into a bag or something before you pass out.

President Trump was acquitted in the Senate. That means you people failed to prove your case per the rules.

You lost. There's no other way to spin this.

#faceplant

You could give yourself two hours and you still wouldn't be able to type anything 'Remotely interesting insightful or funny . You realize that you have nothing else to post so you only really troll right ? You aren't interested in or know much at all about topics so your game is almost exclusively about other posters thoughts and posts? You see this right? I know that being a national conglomerate head honcho { I wouldn't trade what you claim to do and your life for mine if we lived to 1000, so the jealousy thing is pathetic } leaves little time for much else , but at least make an effort to know something here instead of being a troll only. Nah stick to the troll only persona . See you next month may be . I will see you quote me may be 50 times in that period and then I may respond . Stay safe out there.
Lol@Hairball. Your posts are a target rich environment. Like shooting fish in a barrell. Only slappy is comparable. Unlike you I am not a one trick pony...or as your savior sleepy joe would say, a one horse pony...all your posts are basically some version of orange man bad. Yes, I do troll a few people on here at times because of the dumb stuff they say but other times I post discussion points where the conversation is of interest.

If all YOU are seeing is trolling then that might tell you which group you fall into.

It is amazing a guy like Portman doesn't have the balls of a Lisa Murkowski. His legacy is cowardice and shame....what an embarrassment for Ohio and his family. A joke.

Murkowski Statement:
“On January 13, when the U.S. House of Representatives impeached former President Donald J. Trump for a second time, I committed to upholding my oath as a U.S. Senator—to listen to each side impartially, review all the facts, and then decide how I would vote. I have done that and after listening to the trial this past week, I have reached the conclusion that President Trump’s actions were an impeachable offense and his course of conduct amounts to incitement of insurrection as set out in the Article of Impeachment.

“The facts make clear that the violence and desecration of the Capitol that we saw on January 6 was not a spontaneous uprising. President Trump had set the stage months before the 2020 election by stating repeatedly that the election was rigged, casting doubt into the minds of the American people about the fairness of the election. After the election, when he lost by 7 million votes, he repeatedly claimed that the election was stolen and subjected to widespread fraud. At the same time, election challenges were filed in dozens of courts. Sixty-one different courts – including many judges nominated by President Trump himself – ruled against him.

“President Trump did everything in his power to stay in power. When the court challenges failed, he turned up the pressure on state officials and his own Department of Justice. And when these efforts failed, he turned to his supporters. He urged his supporters to come to Washington, D.C. on January 6 to ‘Stop the Steal’ of an election that had not been stolen. The speech he gave on that day was intended to stoke passions in a crowd that the President had been rallying for months. They were prepared to march on the Capitol and he gave them explicit instructions to do so.

“When President Trump's supporters stormed the Capitol, breached both chambers of Congress, and interrupted the certification of Electoral College votes, he took no action for hours. The evidence presented at the trial was clear: President Trump was watching events unfold live, just as the entire country was. Even after the violence had started, as protestors chanted ‘Hang Mike Pence’ inside the Capitol, President Trump, aware of what was happening, tweeted that the Vice President had failed the country. Vice President Pence was attempting to fulfill his oath and his constitutional duty with the certification of Electoral College votes.

“After the storm had calmed, the President endorsed the actions of the mob by tweeting, ‘These are the things and events that happen when a sacred landslide election victory is so unceremoniously & viciously stripped away from great patriots who have been badly & unfairly treated for so long. Go home with love & in peace. Remember this day forever!’ This message, in defense of only himself, came nearly four hours after the attack on the Capitol began. President Trump allowing the violence to go on for hours without any clear directive or demand for peace – his intentional silence – cost Americans their lives. President Trump was not concerned about the Vice President; he was not concerned about members of Congress; he was not concerned about the Capitol Police. He was concerned about his election and retaining power. While I supported subpoenaing witnesses to help elucidate for the American people President Trump’s state of mind during the riot, both his actions and lack thereof establish that.

“If months of lies, organizing a rally of supporters in an effort to thwart the work of Congress, encouraging a crowd to march on the Capitol, and then taking no meaningful action to stop the violence once it began is not worthy of impeachment, conviction, and disqualification from holding office in the United States, I cannot imagine what is. By inciting the insurrection and violent events that culminated on January 6, President Trump’s actions and words were not protected free speech. I honor our constitutional rights and consider the freedom of speech as one of the most paramount freedoms, but that right does not extend to the President of the United States inciting violence.

“Before someone assumes the office of the presidency, they are required to swear to faithfully execute the office of the President and to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States. President Trump – the nation’s elected leader, the Commander in Chief of our armed forces – swore an oath to defend America and all that we hold sacred. He failed to uphold that oath.

“One positive outcome of the horrible events on January 6, was that hours after the Capitol was secured, on January 7, at 4:00 a.m., Congress fulfilled our responsibility to the U.S. Constitution and certified the Electoral College results. We were able to do that because of brave men and women who fulfilled their oath to protect and defend Congress. I regret that Donald Trump was not one of them.”

Secret ballots became popular because of voter intimidation at the polls. Same premise here. Cowards are easily intimidated from doing what they know is right. Describes the GOP senators perfectly. Did you ever wonder why those who left the Trump administration all condemned him? Really objectively think about it? Those Republicans retiring from Congress are the same way. They no longer have reason to fear Trump’s cult, so they tell the truth about how they really feel. I can’t think of a retiring GOP member who has praised Trump. They all condemn him and disassociate themselves from him as quick as possible. How do you rationalize that? This is where you ignore the point and say something stupid.
People who get fired are bitter? Who knew?

Doesn't... I'm highly confident that Drumpf's political career is over-- which is ALL I wanted at the end of his sorry 4 years in office-- McConnell's speech after the Senate impeachment vote (in which the long-time Republican Senate Majority Leader stated emphatically multiple times and multiple ways, that I was entirely correct in my assessment of Drumpf's culpability for January 6-- and thus that you were entirely WRONG) put the nail in the coffin on Drumpf's political future.

The important thing, from my perspective, is to ensure that the Republicans do NOT continue to follow this absurd, delusional, low-brow, low intellect path in the future-- I am more sympathetic to Republican policies than Democrat policies-- but I just could not be associated with a cretin like Drumpf. McConnell's speech-- and the 14% of Republican senators who voted publicly to convict Drumpf (and the likely 25-50% who would have voted to convict him, if voting secretly) tell me that the Republicans are now FINALLY ready to move on from Drumpf's crude narcissism in favor of some level of civil discourse. The truth will emerge when we see the frontrunners in the Republican presidential race in 2024-- if it is Cruz, Hawley, Rubio, Graham, Gaetz, Nunes, Jordan, or Huckabee, then the Republicans will fail again; if it is somebody principled and rational (and not delusional), then maybe Republicans have a chance to recover-- right now, I'd be hard-pressed to describe who that is (other than Romney, who is NOT going to be running again)...

But the Republicans biggest problem is that, barring Republican legislatures passing a series of stringent (and probably unconstitutional) voter suppression laws against voting by mail, Democrats appear to have cracked the code on attaining high voter turnout-- which was REALLY the only thing preserving Republican control of government, over the last ~55 years.
Yes destroying any semblance of voter verification was quite the code breaker.

I see you are one of those dopes who voted against their own self interest because Trump was mean on Twitter.

This litmus test of "nice guy" is a problem. The left doesnt give 2 steaming piles about the "civil discourse" of their candidates. They vote for who will best support their interests. Trump was conservatives playing the game on a level playing field. We need to be brash to combat the built in home field advantage the Democrats enjoy from the media. They will distort anything said by a conservative as racist, sexist, xenophobic anyway...hell they went back to high school to prove Romney was an evil bully. stop worrying about playing mr. nice guy.

It is amazing a guy like Portman doesn't have the balls of a Lisa Murkowski. His legacy is cowardice and shame....what an embarrassment for Ohio and his family. A joke.

Murkowski Statement:
“On January 13, when the U.S. House of Representatives impeached former President Donald J. Trump for a second time, I committed to upholding my oath as a U.S. Senator—to listen to each side impartially, review all the facts, and then decide how I would vote. I have done that and after listening to the trial this past week, I have reached the conclusion that President Trump’s actions were an impeachable offense and his course of conduct amounts to incitement of insurrection as set out in the Article of Impeachment.

“The facts make clear that the violence and desecration of the Capitol that we saw on January 6 was not a spontaneous uprising. President Trump had set the stage months before the 2020 election by stating repeatedly that the election was rigged, casting doubt into the minds of the American people about the fairness of the election. After the election, when he lost by 7 million votes, he repeatedly claimed that the election was stolen and subjected to widespread fraud. At the same time, election challenges were filed in dozens of courts. Sixty-one different courts – including many judges nominated by President Trump himself – ruled against him.

“President Trump did everything in his power to stay in power. When the court challenges failed, he turned up the pressure on state officials and his own Department of Justice. And when these efforts failed, he turned to his supporters. He urged his supporters to come to Washington, D.C. on January 6 to ‘Stop the Steal’ of an election that had not been stolen. The speech he gave on that day was intended to stoke passions in a crowd that the President had been rallying for months. They were prepared to march on the Capitol and he gave them explicit instructions to do so.

“When President Trump's supporters stormed the Capitol, breached both chambers of Congress, and interrupted the certification of Electoral College votes, he took no action for hours. The evidence presented at the trial was clear: President Trump was watching events unfold live, just as the entire country was. Even after the violence had started, as protestors chanted ‘Hang Mike Pence’ inside the Capitol, President Trump, aware of what was happening, tweeted that the Vice President had failed the country. Vice President Pence was attempting to fulfill his oath and his constitutional duty with the certification of Electoral College votes.

“After the storm had calmed, the President endorsed the actions of the mob by tweeting, ‘These are the things and events that happen when a sacred landslide election victory is so unceremoniously & viciously stripped away from great patriots who have been badly & unfairly treated for so long. Go home with love & in peace. Remember this day forever!’ This message, in defense of only himself, came nearly four hours after the attack on the Capitol began. President Trump allowing the violence to go on for hours without any clear directive or demand for peace – his intentional silence – cost Americans their lives. President Trump was not concerned about the Vice President; he was not concerned about members of Congress; he was not concerned about the Capitol Police. He was concerned about his election and retaining power. While I supported subpoenaing witnesses to help elucidate for the American people President Trump’s state of mind during the riot, both his actions and lack thereof establish that.

“If months of lies, organizing a rally of supporters in an effort to thwart the work of Congress, encouraging a crowd to march on the Capitol, and then taking no meaningful action to stop the violence once it began is not worthy of impeachment, conviction, and disqualification from holding office in the United States, I cannot imagine what is. By inciting the insurrection and violent events that culminated on January 6, President Trump’s actions and words were not protected free speech. I honor our constitutional rights and consider the freedom of speech as one of the most paramount freedoms, but that right does not extend to the President of the United States inciting violence.

“Before someone assumes the office of the presidency, they are required to swear to faithfully execute the office of the President and to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States. President Trump – the nation’s elected leader, the Commander in Chief of our armed forces – swore an oath to defend America and all that we hold sacred. He failed to uphold that oath.

“One positive outcome of the horrible events on January 6, was that hours after the Capitol was secured, on January 7, at 4:00 a.m., Congress fulfilled our responsibility to the U.S. Constitution and certified the Electoral College results. We were able to do that because of brave men and women who fulfilled their oath to protect and defend Congress. I regret that Donald Trump was not one of them.”
Lady....it's over. Move on.