Trump Advances Peace in the Middle East

Purplemojo

The Trump administration does what no other administration has done since the 1979 Camp David Accord. Peace between an Arab nation and Israel. The UAE and Israel on the heals of Saudi Arabia normalizing relations with Israel are an astounding development.

Obama/Biden's contribution to the process was providing pallet loads of cash to Iran allowing them to redouble their efforts to destabilize other Middle East nations and murder thousands of their citizens.

If Obama had even attempted anything like this they would have given him another Nobel Prize
The one he got was an affirmative action Noble as he did absolutely nothing to have justified such an honor. To the contrary, he did more to make war in the Middle East than any other president other than the Bush's.

This is a big deal and it's likely to trigger several other Arab country's to formally sign on.

I never thought we would ever see peace in the Middle East in my lifetime. Now we may be on the cusp of achieving it. Truly historic.

lol, the conserviclones couldn't raise themselves enough to post on the thread I made hours before. smh.

pundancy politics rules this country.

How much you want to be ME peace is real? Iran developing Nukes as we speak.
Haaa! Yeah thanks to Obama, Biden and HRC! Obama publicly warned Israel not to take out the Iran nukes with a wink and a nod, coaxing them to do just that privately. Israel knew that Obama would throw them under the bus if they did it, so they did not take the bait. Since then Trump has been able to convince the Arabs that like Israel Iran is their common enemy. That is where this is coming from.

Last edited:
This is the real reason many Democrats hate Trump. He’s threatening the racket establishment politicians have going with the military industrial complex.

Sad a lot of sheep can’t see this. It isn’t America’s responsibility to fund Israeli and Saudi agendas

There’s never going to be peace in the Middle East. We should stop trying to fool ourselves into thinking it’s possible.

Seriously though, it would carry more weight if it was with with an Israeli-hating country just a tad closer than 1500 miles away. I won't dispute the treaty is a positive thing (and we didn't see anything close to this from the broker we had before Trump) but we're kidding ourselves if we think this will lead to more than an odd historical footnote.

Seriously though, it would carry more weight if it was with with an Israeli-hating country just a tad closer than 1500 miles away. I won't dispute the treaty is a positive thing (and we didn't see anything close to this from the broker we had before Trump) but we're kidding ourselves if we think this will lead to more than an odd historical footnote.
I don't know. Egypt, Jordan and now UAE and the Saudis are close. In addition, many Israeli Arabs see little benefit in continuing their insurrection. As long as they see Iran as the common enemy, progress will be made.

I don't know. Egypt, Jordan and now UAE and the Saudis are close. In addition, many Israeli Arabs see little benefit in continuing their insurrection. As long as they see Iran as the common enemy, progress will be made.
I hope I'm wrong and you're right.

People who hate Jews and would wipe Israel off the map in a heartbeat if they could get away with it aren’t looking for a solution that includes Israel maintaining its existence. Israel is too smart to think anything of this. It’s theatre at best.

I don’t know what more people need to see. My position on this has changed over the years: we not only need a military presence in the Middle East, we need to beat back Islam so that all that remains of it are some sheep herders and nomads in bumfukistan.

There are still little border disputes. There are a lot of Iranians in U.A.E. It's not all black and white. I think it's mostly about oil vs. gas and Sunni vs. Shia.

There's no way to have any kind of military war to grant Cru's wish that won't involve destroying the world. Best practice still remains economic conversion IMO. This is an example of that at work. My original view remains, what matters is how SA reacts to this.

Islamic doctrine largely prevents "conversion". In almost 20 Islamic countries, leaving the religion is a crime punishable by death. It simply won't happen unless by force and long term planning. Unless people are comfortable with this religion continuing to grow world wide, we have to act against it.

To be honest I don't konw if there ever will be peace in the Middle East but one thing is for sure until the Palistinian situation is resolved I know there will never be peace in the Middle East. I just reread a book titled "Ropes of Sand: America's Failure in the Middle East" written by Wilbur Crane Eveland. It covers the problems of the Middle East from the late 1940s through 1980. The way the Zionist kicked out the Palistinians and left them to roam since, will always be a problem over there until the Palistinians are given their own land to finally settle. It's been 70+ years and Arabs and Israeli's have not resolved that issue.
On the flip side this is a great accomplishment by President Trump that will go unrecognized by most US media because of the Orange Man Bad syndrome. Even in this thread you have one of the most devoted Hate Trumpsters attacking President Trump instead of giving him kudos for carrying out such a diplomatic coupe.
One more thing, we should not be throwing all our weight behind Israel. If you study how they grabbed that land over there post WWII and how brutal they have been in trying to expand the original boundaries you'll think twice in providing undivided support of this country. What they did to the Palestinians alone is enough to understand why the rest of the Middle East hates them. But the Zionists carried out many slaughters of defenseless men and women early on in the creation of Israel which explains why the Arab countries are not fond of that country.

This was a great first step by Trump, now in his next four years if he can convince Israel to quit trying to migrate into other countries in the Middle East he definitely should get a Nobel Peace Prize.

To be honest I don't konw if there ever will be peace in the Middle East but one thing is for sure until the Palistinian situation is resolved I know there will never be peace in the Middle East. ................................This was a great first step by Trump, now in his next four years if he can convince Israel to quit trying to migrate into other countries in the Middle East he definitely should get a Nobel Peace Prize.
It is a complicated and heartbreaking problem. I have friends whose families have been on both sides of the conflict. One family with which I am friends were forced to flee Halfa during the Arab-Israeli War and I have other close friends who established a Kibbutz on the frontier. The Brits screwed this up with the Balfour Declaration.

What I want to know is how long and how many generations can people be refugees? After 70 years aren't they now Lebanese, Jordanians, Egyptians, Americans, Canadians.... and so forth?

When one looks at how Israel was established there is really two distinct stories. Israelis settling in the Bedouin land is objectionable to the nomadic who travel through it but really not to anyone else. In the cities, especially the coastal cities families where displaced from homes they had occupied for generations. That is what happens during wars but it is regrettable none the less.