Troy Davis out as Louisville Leopards Head Coach

We knew this was coming, but it is official. Curious to see if the next part of the rumor comes true or not.
Ask Rick C and John A on the BOE who they have in mind for the next coach. They have picked the last 2 and fired the last 3. It is with certainty they are going to pick #4. It’s obvious they do not have a clue what they are doing. They are what we consider to be a “Couch Coach.”

Why is it football seems to be the only sport in Louisville failing? Most of the other sports are successful competing with D1 and D2 schools. Could it be, the AD was left alone to do her job and not told who she was going to hire? She seems to have a good track record. Don’t worry though, everyone in Ohio knows Louisville is toxic because of the board members.

Last edited:

We knew this was coming, but it is official. Curious to see if the next part of the rumor comes true or not.
Farrah coming back???? Haha couldn't resist.

Hopefully Louisville finds a solid candidate to get the program going again. Stark County Football is better when Louisville is competitive.

I wish the best for Louisville but how do you find the right league situation for them? You need some exceptional sales people there. I can't speak for the issues with little league programs but finding the right league for Louisville is critical. The EBC schools ditched them. The Fed has played 4-5 games a year vs Louisville and how has that worked out? This is a challenging situation. Creative minds need to fix this. Would the Suburban League listen? Ohio Cardinal Conference far eastern school? ECOL? Anything near Youngstown? Would the EBC get backed into a corner and want them back? Hell the OVAC or Metro from Akron area? I don't think the Fed is the answer unless dramatic changes happen at the youth levels. Good luck Leps.

I wish the best for Louisville but how do you find the right league situation for them? You need some exceptional sales people there. I can't speak for the issues with little league programs but finding the right league for Louisville is critical. The EBC schools ditched them. The Fed has played 4-5 games a year vs Louisville and how has that worked out? This is a challenging situation. Creative minds need to fix this. Would the Suburban League listen? Ohio Cardinal Conference far eastern school? ECOL? Anything near Youngstown? Would the EBC get backed into a corner and want them back? Hell the OVAC or Metro from Akron area? I don't think the Fed is the answer unless dramatic changes happen at the youth levels. Good luck Leps.
They burned too many Bridges with the Federal League

Honestly, hypothetical leagues are fun and this to me could be the start of something interesting
Fb only even!
Canfield
Louisville
Dover
Alliance
NP
Don't know who else you add but that would be the start of a nice league

Hopefully they can make the right hire and get some stability. They need to play a less demanding schedule and try to find a league. Is this job an appealing job now??

We’ll see if the administration learned its lesson after the last 2 tries.
If the administration is committed to the program, solid coaches will apply.
By committed I mean you have to offer a job along with the position. You won’t get any coaches (other than Twiddy) that will even apply unless there’s a teaching job to go with it. Last 2 tries we offered no job. I’ll go even further and offer the winning applicant 2 other positions for his choice of OC and DC. Don’t tell me it can’t be done, and watch what happens when you do it. Do Not, I repeat, Do Not hire anyone currently on staff as the head coach. If they truly want to coach Louisville football they will reach out and interview with the new hire and probably get a shot. We’ve got some of the nicest facilities anywhere, a volunteer support staff that will get behind the right guy, and a school system that any teacher worth salt can succeed in. It’s a good job and a great opportunity for the right guy who’s willing to build this program back. When you find that guy then you can cross the bridges of youth football, schedule, and possible league. First you need a coach.

I shed no tears for Lville. The downward spiral began when the coach everyone loved couldn't control his junk and their collective superior attitude got them bounced out of conference. Karma's a B

I shed no tears for Lville. The downward spiral began when the coach everyone loved couldn't control his junk and their collective superior attitude got them bounced out of conference. Karma's a B
they got rid of football coach,, but leave the basketball coach in place for doing same thing.........

I nominate Drew Sarachman for job. He’s been a head coach before and has great experience coaching at Hoban and St Thomas.
He could bring in Jim Ballard to be his OC!
You want to insert a “job” joke somewhere in that post don’t you. 😂

We’ll see if the administration learned its lesson after the last 2 tries.
If the administration is committed to the program, solid coaches will apply.
By committed I mean you have to offer a job along with the position. You won’t get any coaches (other than Twiddy) that will even apply unless there’s a teaching job to go with it. Last 2 tries we offered no job. I’ll go even further and offer the winning applicant 2 other positions for his choice of OC and DC. Don’t tell me it can’t be done, and watch what happens when you do it. Do Not, I repeat, Do Not hire anyone currently on staff as the head coach. If they truly want to coach Louisville football they will reach out and interview with the new hire and probably get a shot. We’ve got some of the nicest facilities anywhere, a volunteer support staff that will get behind the right guy, and a school system that any teacher worth salt can succeed in. It’s a good job and a great opportunity for the right guy who’s willing to build this program back. When you find that guy then you can cross the bridges of youth football, schedule, and possible league. First you need a coach.
Louisville does have a great everything...would wish the visiting team locker rooms were larger...but the one thing they do not have is a coach friendly atmosphere in the ranks of possible coaches. There are a lot of possible applicants that look at the Demarco episode....win how many games and get booted. Louisville still has to find away to answer that issue....until that issue is answered it is still the elephant in the room

Ask Rick C and John A on the BOE who they have in mind for the next coach. They have picked the last 2 and fired the last 3. It is with certainty they are going to pick #4. It’s obvious they do not have a clue what they are doing. They are what we consider to be a “Couch Coach.”

Why is it football seems to be the only sport in Louisville failing? Most of the other sports are successful competing with D1 and D2 schools. Could it be, the AD was left alone to do her job and not told who she was going to hire? She seems to have a good track record. Don’t worry though, everyone in Ohio knows Louisville is toxic because of the board members.
Have they tried the drunk guys that stand in the endzone that heckle teenagers? Those guys know pretty much everything. 😉

Doesn't matter until they apply formally again....the fed would be very interested. Close, competitive in most sports, excellent facilities, and a good fan base...I am pretty sure the league Superintendents and Principals would have no issue in voting for them

Reactions: y2h
Louisville does have a great everything...would wish the visiting team locker rooms were larger...but the one thing they do not have is a coach friendly atmosphere in the ranks of possible coaches. There are a lot of possible applicants that look at the Demarco episode....win how many games and get booted. Louisville still has to find away to answer that issue....until that issue is answered it is still the elephant in the room
My take on the Demarco episode: John is a nice man and integrity was not in question. However, he never changed his offense, no matter the personnel. Won a lot of NBC games until some coaches figured him out, then couldn't even win the league his last 3-4 years. His dc was in over his head and John did nothing about it. Team discipline was an issue. Won 1 playoff game in 10 years. Can't name a game he won he shouldn't have. Was successful as long as he had more athletes than his opponent. Was given an opportunity to make some changes and didn't. Changed the entire culture and not in a competitive way. Just my opinion.