Trimble vs. Berlin Hiland Division IV Sweet 16

The Hawks have been really playing good man defense,they need to keep there defense pressure up,this year's team will go as there defense carries them

The fact that Hiland has made it to the regionals is a testament to their head coach and their program culture. They will not wow you at all with their talent this year but they play extremely hard and disciplined.

Honestly, I'm still stunned they beat a far more talented Malvern team in the district finals. It just shows you how important coaching can be.

It'll be interesting to see how this game goes. So far in the tournament Hiland has basically just played teams from their own league that they were very familiar with. I hope they can keep it going against a non-IVC team

I hope the Tomcats can compete. They seem to struggle against good teams when they make it that far. Usually end in 20+ blowouts, this might be the year though. Hiland isn't nearly as good as they have been in years past.

The fact that Hiland has made it to the regionals is a testament to their head coach and their program culture. They will not wow you at all with their talent this year but they play extremely hard and disciplined.

Honestly, I'm still stunned they beat a far more talented Malvern team in the district finals. It just shows you how important coaching can be.

It'll be interesting to see how this game goes. So far in the tournament Hiland has basically just played teams from their own league that they were very familiar with. I hope they can keep it going against a non-IVC team
Do they have any size? That seems to be the big weakness for the Tomcats.

There not as big as they have been in the past, probably 6'2" being the biggest, I watch the Trimble vs Fairfield game live stream, looks like there about the same height as Hiland,how deep of a bench does Trimble have,if the refs let them play Hiland likes to play very physical basketball

There's not much chatter on here for the East District,IVC conference has a tread on here, there's not many from Hawks nation on here, just me maybe another person,I think

Would love to see Trimble pull the upset.. If there ever was a year to do it against Berlin Hiland, it would be this year.

Granted, it wouldn't shock me to see Berlin win by 20+ either.

Wow what a job Mark has done with this team,this team really believes in them selves, nobody would have given this team much of a chance this season, after two big injury's before the season even started

Wow what a job Mark has done with this team,this team really believes in them selves, nobody would have given this team much of a chance this season, after two big injury's before the season even started
This^.

Amazing. I wondered if they would get out of the sectional. Lol

The only thing I have seen similar to this is what Dave did with the 2012 girls. I think the difference between those 2 situations is that the girls had high expectations going into that season. They had played elite competition over the summer and won. But once the season started, they never recaptured that high level of play. They basically peaked in the summer and struggled all year against good competition and lost 8 games by 1-4 points.

Once the boys lost Hunter Sommers and Chris Shetler, the expectations went way down. Without a lot of size and those two scorers, it was going to be difficult to win games. Mark just embraced trying to win low-scoring and ugly. Took them a while to get their rotation right and learn how to win like that, but they just got hot and confident at the right time and Mark worked his arse off to do what he could to help them win.

The 12 Lady Hawks beat the #1 team in the state, Zanesville Rosecrans, in the sectional final, rolled through River and Shadyside in the district, and beat Lowelville in the regional semi by 10 while not playing well. Then they beat Windham something like 64-9 in the regional finals. They beat New Madison Tri-Village in the state semis comfortably and faced Arlington in the finals. I think if they play that game 10 times, Hiland wins 8 or 9, but not on that day. But the journey had very low lows and they almost grabbed the highest high.

Boys basketball is a little different in that usually in the regional, and for sure at state, you will run into someone that is very big and/or talented, and their coach knows what he is doing too.

I dont know how this 21 team's journey is going to end, but what they have done up through tonight is incredible. Ridiculous really.

The only thing I have seen similar to this is what Dave did with the 2012 girls. I think the difference between those 2 situations is that the girls had high expectations going into that season. They had played elite competition over the summer and won. But once the season started, they never recaptured that high level of play. They basically peaked in the summer and struggled all year against good competition and lost 8 games by 1-4 points.

Once the boys lost Hunter Sommers and Chris Shetler, the expectations went way down. Without a lot of size and those two scorers, it was going to be difficult to win games. Mark just embraced trying to win low-scoring and ugly. Took them a while to get their rotation right and learn how to win like that, but they just got hot and confident at the right time and Mark worked his arse off to do what he could to help them win.

The 12 Lady Hawks beat the #1 team in the state, Zanesville Rosecrans, in the sectional final, rolled through River and Shadyside in the district, and beat Lowelville in the regional semi by 10 while not playing well. Then they beat Windham something like 64-9 in the regional finals. They beat New Madison Tri-Village in the state semis comfortably and faced Arlington in the finals. I think if they play that game 10 times, Hiland wins 8 or 9, but not on that day. But the journey had very low lows and they almost grabbed the highest high.

Boys basketball is a little different in that usually in the regional, and for sure at state, you will run into someone that is very big and/or talented, and their coach knows what he is doing too.

I dont know how this 21 team's journey is going to end, but what they have done up through tonight is incredible. Ridiculous really.

Congratulations to the Hawks. I hope they keep proving me wrong. I too thought they would be lucky to win a game or two in sectionals.

One thing nice about this year's Hawks team, there's no pressure on this team like the past 4 years teams,they weren't supposed to be here by no means, they can play loose,any wins from here on out is just iceing on the cake of this fairytale season