Trade War

I'm doubting the over bought idea, and rather believe the inflationary pressures argument. If due to the monetary supply we are approximately 20% inflated relative to China we should be seeing prices about right where they are to be even with last year. In other words, beans being on sale are coming to an end.

I still plan to harvest and hold, believing inflation will still offer higher levels to sell from in mid December.

I'm doubting the over bought idea, and rather believe the inflationary pressures argument. If due to the monetary supply we are approximately 20% inflated relative to China we should be seeing prices about right where they are to be even with last year. In other words, beans being on sale are coming to an end.

I still plan to harvest and hold, believing inflation will still offer higher levels to sell from in mid December.
I agree that beans will likely hit $13.25 by March/early April.

The Chinese burned thru all their reserves as well as Brazil's in the last 18 months. They really have no option but to buy US soybeans now. They will buy huge amounts this soy season to replenish their reserves and to feed their replenished hog herd. It's a good time to have soybeans!

Of course I explained all this 2 years ago at the beginning of this thread. lol

I agree that beans will likely hit $13.25 by March/early April.

The Chinese burned thru all their reserves as well as Brazil's in the last 18 months. They really have no option but to buy US soybeans now. They will buy huge amounts this soy season to replenish their reserves and to feed their replenished hog herd. It's a good time to have soybeans!

Of course I explained all this 2 years ago at the beginning of this thread. lol
LOL The Chinese, if they disliked Trump so much would not buy American soybeans in record amounts, they could just wait till after the election. This is China after all they would make their people suffer if needed.

China has purchased over 142 million bushels of US Soybeans since September 1 which was the first day of the 2020/2021 marketing year. Clearly they were holding off for two reasons: 1) lower prices as US new crop harvest gets underway and 2) it helps pad their purchase numbers under the trade deal. The 2019/2020 numbers are way below expectations due to Covid shutdowns.

Their purchases this season equate to nearly 3.5% of the total US soybean crop.... and we are only 2 weeks into the new season.

One good thing about a Biden Presidency, this silly trade war with China will end and stocks like NKE, DIS, BA, and others should BOOM.

And the complete hollowing out and destruction of the American middle class will be completed. And shortly thereafter you will see the hallowing out of the upper middle class as China offers cheaper white collar workers.

Remember the goal of the left is a semi feudal society where the elite 0.1% lord it over the remaining 99.9%.

With the world it seems wanting our soybeans, this is going to cost us is it not? Good for the farmers though just maybe they will be able to make a decent profit this year.

With the world it seems wanting our soybeans, this is going to cost us is it not? Good for the farmers though just maybe they will be able to make a decent profit this year.
Not really.

Soybeans are used to make other products. Consumers don't but soy products directly, generally speaking.

Restaurant owners might see the cost of their 35lb jug of frying oil go up but they aren't adjusting their price on French fries because of it. The same goes with freight charges. A truck delivering to Walmart using biodiesel may pass along the price increase via a fuel surcharge but Walmart isn't raising the price of socks because of it.

The WTO Couldn’t Change China, so Robert Lighthizer Found Another Way
Trump’s top trade official, long a critic of the WTO and China, has been busy implementing the approach
Perhaps the strongest defense of Mr. Lighthizer’s approach to managing China is that it beats the status quo. He said: “The fact that it’s complicated is not a reason not to try to do it. And even if you have a little extra inefficiency in the system, it’s still worth it because the way we [had] it is absolutely crazy. It’s destined to fail.”

He added: “And the only person who started thinking about this is President Trump, who doesn’t mind breaking a little crystal if it’s going to get us to a better place.”

The WTO Couldn’t Change China, so Robert Lighthizer Found Another Way
Trump’s top trade official, long a critic of the WTO and China, has been busy implementing the approach
Perhaps the strongest defense of Mr. Lighthizer’s approach to managing China is that it beats the status quo. He said: “The fact that it’s complicated is not a reason not to try to do it. And even if you have a little extra inefficiency in the system, it’s still worth it because the way we [had] it is absolutely crazy. It’s destined to fail.”

He added: “And the only person who started thinking about this is President Trump, who doesn’t mind breaking a little crystal if it’s going to get us to a better place.”

China needs Biden to win. They won't be able to last another 4 years without major concessions. A vote for Trump is a vote for FAIR Trade.

Donald Trump should enact a full trade embargo on China as reparations for giving us coronavirus.

Joe Biden is a Chinese asset.

Why do I like this idea ! .............. The World has new View on China and its Wuhan China Virus !

Can Joe Politically afford to Allow China to Influence him further and Take Down the Tariffs ?

An idea so stupid it’s hard to really quantify how stupid it is. China would retaliate similarly and simply wait us out. As has been said before China has no issue absorbing short term pain for long term gain.
You mean like them refusing to buy US Soybeans at $8.75/bushel while paying $10/bushel for Brazilian beans? What was the gain? They are now buying US Soybeans at $13/bushel.

Short term pain for long term more pain... Great move! Lol

Short term pain for long term ....

Wow .... Scientist Pleads Guilty

.....guilty to making false statements to law enforcement officials about China's Thousand Talents Program – established by the Chinese government to recruit individuals with access to or knowledge of the technology and intellectual property of foreign countries and place them in professorial roles at universities in China, South Korea and Japan.