Trade War

Stirred not Shaken

With 34 billion dollars of new tariffs between China and the US the trade war has begun. Year from now it will be interesting to see how this has all unfolded.

I thought about this and we as Americans could help in this trade war by: Buying Made in the USA!

We have been a trade war for the past fifty years, it is just now that we are fighting back.
DING! DING! DING! We have a winner!

Our previous negotiation strategy has been to surrender while winning, and then ask for favorable terms.

DING! DING! DING! We have a winner!

Our previous negotiation strategy has been to surrender while winning, and then ask for favorable terms.

American workers and consumers are not prepared for a trade war....gonna be a tough sell....we are not used to sacrificing especially with our dimwit Potus going on about how great things are....suck it up America.

Meanwhile Trump is offering 21 visas for foreign employees to work at Mar-a-lago at a slightly lower rate than last year. TRUMPSTER YOU ARE GETTING PLAYED. (like many trump investers, trump university students....and trump employees in the current administration.

I thought about this and we as Americans could help in this trade war by: Buying Made in the USA!

I'm all for buying local and made in the USA and so forth but there's times simple economics or availability just doesn't allow for it.

We have been a trade war for the past fifty years, it is just now that we are fighting back.

I tend to agree and have been saying this for years. Most people are not old enough to remember some of the great towns in Ohio that were simply destroyed by "free trade."

With that said, it is always funny to watch the lap dogs now proclaim they are for this but if a Dem did this it would be the worst thing ever. It is extremely funny to watch Fox News ring that bell and so many dogs salivate.

There are reasons Trump never used American workers for his companies. Union rules, pay, liability and pay....he did not always want to pay them what he owed them and they cannot sue him. #buyamerican

Explain how that works. Now I'm confused. Thought the tariffs were to fight the flood of foreign steel and aluminum that leaves US companies at a disadvantage??? Interested to hear your take

I tend to agree and have been saying this for years. Most people are not old enough to remember some of the great towns in Ohio that were simply destroyed by "free trade."

With that said, it is always funny to watch the lap dogs now proclaim they are for this but if a Dem did this it would be the worst thing ever. It is extremely funny to watch Fox News ring that bell and so many dogs salivate.

I was watching "outnumbered" @ noon today. All 4 ladies didn't think it was such a good idea.

IB you know that the "lapdogs" supporting Trump on this are doing so because we understand that his goal is NOT to erect barriers to trade. His goal is to lower trade barriers to US goods by resetting a global trade system that has been stuck in an antiquated post WW2 mindset.

IB you know that the "lapdogs" supporting Trump on this are doing so because we understand that his goal is NOT to erect barriers to trade. His goal is to lower trade barriers to US goods by resetting a global trade system that has been stuck in an antiquated post WW2 mindset.

Maybe, but if a Dem was doing it you'd argue the other way. Just saying. What Trump is doing is anti-Republican.

I do not think it matters what brand you buy because i do believe all athletic shoes are made outside the USA as are almost all shoes and clothing.

BS. I buy New Balance shoes Made in America. Some of NB's lower end pairs are made overseas but I'd still support them because at least they are trying to do the right thing.

tell that to the farmers that lose their farms and homes

That would be very sad but I believe in free trade and fair trade. We should not allow untariffed goods into our country from countries which impose tariffs on our goods. It is as simple as that. Add to that the criminal theft of intellectual property and technologies by China and you find us where we are today.

The nation and its farmers and industrial workers will be better off in the long run.